Immortals After Dark discussion

Other Kresley Cole Books > The ARCANA CHRONICLES, New YA series by KC

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexa (new)

Alexa | 59 comments Since Kresley Cole's Newsletter is suffering a little in the update department, and the only source to the author's breaking news is FB, here are the latest announcements of her first YA series called The Arcana Chronicles with the first installment, POISON PRINCESS to be released in October 2012:

According to KC's post in fb:
Check out this announcement for my new Young Adult series at USAToday... [and thank you so much to Joyce Lamb! :)]

Basically the Arcana Chronicles Series is about the trump cards in a Tarot deck, the Major Arcana. Imagine if Death, the Lovers, the Fool, El Diablo, etc. were real kids with superhuman abilities. For instance, the Magician is an illusionist, while Death is a master at arms with a lethal touch. These Arcana Cards have to band together in different alliances to defeat other “hands”.

The hero is Jack Deveaux, a Cajun boy from the wrong side of the bayou, a biker who’s just been released from a cage-the-rage detention center. Because of his brutal childhood, he is used to defending himself, which comes in handy after the apocalypse. Damaged, protective, and intense, Jack is one of my favorite heroes! The heroine Evie Greene, once the most popular girl in h.s., is dryly funny, outwardly brave, yet vulnerable (her strange new powers secretly terrify her). Writing Jack and Evie was so much fun--they were pretty much combustible on every page they’re together!

If you like dark heroes(!), clever heroines, blood-sport, romance, and humor, you might want to give POISON PRINCESS a try this October!

Cover reveal for this--and for SHADOW'S CLAIM--coming soon!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 309 comments Not normally a fan of YA but this sounds really good!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
Thanks for the info, Alexa. Interesting idea.

message 5: by Alexa (new)

Alexa | 59 comments Andrea wrote: "Here's a preview of Poison Princess.
http://thearcanachronicles.com/"

LOL, I was just going to post about that excerpt
and saw you beat me to it Andrea!
Great timing! ;)

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments It looks pretty good, doesn't it?

message 7: by Ladyacct (new)

Ladyacct | 1 comments just spotted the second book in paperback at walmart

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 104 comments Mod
Exciting news, Kresley Cole Fanatics....

Arcana Chronicles is turning into a TV series!!! Please, please, PLEASE give these books justice and do it right. *crosses fingers"

http://deadline.com/2015/10/the-arcan...

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
That's very cool!

message 10: by Akina (new)

Akina | 24 comments I can't wait for the next book in this series. And I will certainly watch the show.

message 11: by K-Gorgeous (new)

K-Gorgeous | 56 comments I loved the ending of the last one. It was perfect. Some people bitched about it but I LOVED it. It's going to make the story more interesting people!!!( PS I don't think he's really dead)

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 104 comments Mod
I don't think he's dead either. I can NOT wait until book 4 comes out; I'm curious to see the book cover and title. You would think something would've been revealed by now since this is expected out in the spring.

message 13: by BiblioJen (new)

BiblioJen | 3 comments Anybody still around here? I placed my pre-order for "Day Zero" today. It's labeled "3.5" and is supposed to show some of the other characters besides Evie on the day of the Flash. Amazon says it's due out August 1, and KC says that Book 4 (cover and title to be announced any day now) will be out August 15. Since we will have waited more than 18 months for these two, I hope they are A) long and B) worth the wait!

message 14: by Akina (new)

Akina | 24 comments Why are 2 books coming out in the same series in the same month? Seems strange to me. I usually don't question anything KC does but this pairing has me a bit nervous.

Either way I am soooo ready for a new Arcana novel. Am I the only one who wants to see Evie end up with Death? After all, he had a prior claim and has no chance of ending up with someone else. Or does he? One never knows.

message 15: by BiblioJen (new)

BiblioJen | 3 comments Akina wrote: "Why are 2 books coming out in the same series in the same month?"

Akina - 3.5 is a "novella" and despite my hopes, I expect will be pretty short. So far, looking around the pre-orders, it's only available on Kindle. I think it was intended to be a filler between books.

I think the Evie/Death pairing has a lot of fans. I've seen some rabid arguments on the Death v. Jack front. LOL I have to confess ... #TeamJack all the way for me! :-)

message 16: by B. (new)

B. | 3 comments Hmm, pretty sure Jack is the Sun Card. He is only waiting to be activitated. It makes sense. Evie needs the sun for her plants, and when Jack is near, it calms her down. Also Selena's attraction to him? It's the story about the Moon and the Sun. Jack will probably kill the Emperor in some way and he will be activitated. So Evie either end up with Aric or with Jack, in case he won't rerurn Selena's feeling for him. Or Aric die. And KC will make his dead a "happy ending", stating that he will get another life in another time and those horrible memories about the past Evie won't be "his" memories any longer. He can start anew. Or... Aric end up with someone else. Circe, the new girl is very suspicios to me.. There was some mentioning in book 3 about water falling grave. Water is Circe's power and Aric is the Death. Water and the Grave?

message 17: by B. (new)

B. | 3 comments *Water falling on grave.

message 18: by Akina (new)

Akina | 24 comments I like Jack too and Evie will probably end up with him but this time around I'm rooting for the underdog. And I'm sure Jack has powers. It's not a KC book if it doesn't have an alpha male at the forefront. I'll reread the entire series in July before I jump into the next 2 books.