Mentoring Moments for Christian Women discussion

2/20/12 Preparing for Easter > Day four --- hiking along!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (mezzomom) | 14 comments Mod
You've had a lot of reading! Thanks for hanging in there. If heaven has a viewing room, I really want to replay the scene where Jesus stands up and reads from the scroll. I would give anything to have been in that audience.

How does our reading of the Word change our hearts and actions today? Live as one who has been given the good news, who has been given freedom and been given sight! He is I AM -- He is the fulfillment of Isaiah 61.

Thoughts?

message 2: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Harris | 14 comments Mod
I AM is powerful and all-encompassing.

I finished the first week and have started on the second, eager to see how Jesus' touched the women.

message 3: by Kellie (last edited Feb 26, 2012 09:26AM) (new)

Kellie (goodreadscomkelliemmcw) | 20 comments Mod
Blessed by the first week of study.

"We cannot celebrate Christmas without Easter, and we cannot fully celebrate Christmas or Easter without the knowledge that one day Jesus will return! We will see Him face to face and be able to sing, "Hallelujah! What a Savior!" page 26

message 4: by Cap (new)

Cap | 4 comments I enjoyed the weekend devotions as well. I loaded the hymns on my phone and took them with me as I started doing the "Run for God" program here. It is so motivating (to a total non-runner) to have flocks of birds flying over head with water on one side and trees on the other, listening to "Near the Cross" and "Hallelujah! What a Savior!" accapella. The intervals flew by and my mind was in a better place.

message 5: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Harris | 14 comments Mod
Are you enjoying week two? It's almost over. I'm wondering how others answered a couple questions. In the story of the woman caught in adultery, what did Jesus draw in the ground (page 37, question 2)? Then with the widow of Nain, page 40 question 3: What does the young man say when he comes back to life? Interesting questions. What are your thoughts? Ann? Others?

message 6: by Ann (new)

Why would John not reveal the words? That alone is an intriguing question. Did he want us all to just have to wonder? Were they too personal? Were they the names or the sins of those who were pointing fingers? It's hard to imagine Jesus was just doodling. The questions follow even after he has been writing. Could he have been writing laws? Or could they not see his writings until he stood? Hmmmmmmm.....

Last week a young man in our community accidentally killed himself. I am certain his parents would like the day before his death for a do-over. What could they have said or done that might have prevented the tragedy? If he had lived through the accident, what would he say to his family upon revival? When coming out of a deep sleep or anesthesia, we're not very coherent. But the young man of Luke spoke. Was his first comment to his mother and was it about this stranger who gave him a command? Once again, the words are NOT given to us. Another interesting omission for speculation.

With Jesus, we have huge daily do-overs --- thankfully, as believers our death will result in meeting Jesus -- but not on earth but in heaven. What will YOUR words to Him be?

message 7: by Ann (new)

PS ----

Regarding that question "Who do you say that I am?" as well as what we will say to Jesus when we see Him -----What about what Stephen called out when they were stoning him: "Look, I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!" I hope that as I leave this earth, I see Jesus take my hand and I can proclaim Him even as I go to my glorious home in heaven!