"REHAB" discussion

HELP > i need a fantesy book to read and i need it now!! some won help me!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

SuperFreakTeamAsh!!!! (tangledrocks) | 4 comments i need a fantesy book to read plz help me i cant read the wons with vampires and werewoves please help me!!!!

SuperFreakTeamAsh!!!! (tangledrocks) | 4 comments help me your my only hope XD

message 4: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Katerina (klymene) | 2740 comments Mod
Anything by Tamora Pierce, Shannon Hale, and/or Rick Riordan.

message 5: by Danica (new)

Danica | 174 comments Also, you should read Divergent by Veronica Roth

message 6: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

That's not a fantasy book. It's dystopia.

message 7: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments there are so many books that arent vampire and werewolf. its really not that hard to find them.

try:

The Merchant of Death [the Pendragon series]

Eragon

The Golden Compass

Magyk [Spetimus Heap series]

message 8: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Siareen wrote: "there are so many books that arent vampire and werewolf. its really not that hard to find them.

try:

Eragon

The G..."</i>

I really really like The Golden Compass, it is actually a series too. There are only three:
[book:The Golden Compass

The Subtle Knife

The Amber Spyglass

message 9: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments yes, its a really good series. did you know that the original name of "The Golden Compass" is "Northern Lights"? [the British version]
I like that name sooo much better :P

message 10: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) No, I didn't. I like that name better, but it doesn't go with the others.

message 11: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments i know it doesnt. it works more if the book was a stand-alone. the cover is also different...
what did you think of the movie?

message 12: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) It wasn't half bad, I saw it a while ago and I just remember it being good and not much being changed (there was something I didn't like but I don't remember what it was).

message 13: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments i hated it when i saw it. but then i tend to do that with movies when i read the book first.
but Mr. Coulter's hair was blond instead of black!!!!!!

message 14: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Yes, which in all was actually was minor.

message 15: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments i know, but it really annoyed me. other things did too, but i havent seen the movie for ages and i don't remember them :P

message 16: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) I want to watch it again sometime.

message 17: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments i probably should too. if i had the time. which i dont :P

message 18: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

Hannah | 3223 comments Mod
I haven't read those or seen the movie. Good?

message 19: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments yes. very. you should read the book. i liked the first one the best. its a very original idea

message 20: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Hannah wrote: "I haven't read those or seen the movie. Good?"

Yep, a pretty original idea (the having a animal companion idea isn't new but everything else is). I very much enjoyed them all, first is my favorite though.

SuperFreakTeamAsh!!!! (tangledrocks) | 4 comments Irene wrote: "Siareen wrote: "there are so many books that arent vampire and werewolf. its really not that hard to find them. should i try that book? frist?

try:

[book:Eragon|1134..."

SuperFreakTeamAsh!!!! (tangledrocks) | 4 comments am going to die i think am going to look up that book u guys are talking about i have to let my mom go throw it frist! so that i can read it to make sure its ok -.- my last book i read was pretty awesome it was called gracling some thing like that i read the first book and then i got the two won and he was bad it had were she sleept with three guys and there was some gay parts i hate it when they do that!!!

message 23: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Oh my god. Just read the books at school or something. You can't let your mom control you forever. One day you won't be a child and what'll you do then?! Gak. My mom told me not to read Harry Potter. I read the whole series over the course of a week during my 7th grade year. The books were that good. Imagine me without reading Harry Potter!

message 24: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments none of those books [at least the ones i gave you] dont have anything like that in them anyways.

Kylaia- whats wrong about harry potter?!?!?!?!? why would anyone not be allowed to read it? it has nothing but one curseword in the last book [one of the best lines EVER!]

if my parents knew what i read... lol

message 25: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

One word: Witchcraft. My mom: Don't pollute your mind! Witchcraft is giving into the devil! Blah, blah, blah.

message 26: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments seriously? witchcraft? riiiiiight.
ok, each to their own i suppose. so... did you give into the devil by preforming the horrible witchcraft explained in harry potter? lol

message 27: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Yup. I said Avada Kedava to my sister every day. JK. No. Gods, it's so ridiculous. In my opinion, the more you like to read, the more obvious the line between reality and fantasy is! Especially for those of us who love Fantasy. I'm not trying to be religion-ist, but if you were allowed to read HP and you're Jewish, then doesn't it seem ridiculous for my mom to not let me read them?!

I haven't read Lord of the Rings, though. Funnily enough, my mom said I could read it, because it had to do with Christianity. How she figured that out, I have no idea. I just saw the beginning of the last LOTR movie and it was terrifying.

message 28: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments lol. it is ridiculous. there are some Jews who dont let their children watch any tv or read harry potter and other books, but not only because of the whole witchcraft thing. but those are the more radical people. most Jews have no problem with this sort of stuff. my parents certainly dont :P

seriously? you're going by the beginning of the third movie?!?! thats literally the scariest and worst part of the whole trilogy!!!! its like opening Harry Potter 7 [if we are already talking about it :P ] on Molly's "not my daughter you B****" and putting it down again because its a book that curses. do you get my point? the rest of the movies are completely amazing and you MUST see them ASAP!!!!! skip that part. I usually do that too. its horrible. but the rest of the movies so totally arent. they rock and they are awesome and you are completely missing out if you havent seen them. in short, WATCH THEM!!!!!

message 29: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Okay... No time right now... wait. This calls for online downloads of LOTR! TTFN!

message 30: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments YAY!!! you wont regret it!!!!!!

message 31: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) The Eye of the World

This is one of the best fantasy series ever! For mature audiences only however, I wouldn't suggest them to anyone younger than 14.

message 32: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments wow, i started that series ages ago and made it up to the fifth book or something before i gave up. its a pretty good series, but really REALLY long and some parts of the books are pretty slow reading.
but yes, don't read this if you are looking for something light and fluffy.

oh, heres another book i remembered:

The Amulet of Samarkand

message 33: by Danica (new)

Danica | 174 comments Has anyone ever read Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater?

message 34: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments my friend read it. she said it was horrible. it has something to do with a wolf, right?

message 35: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

It was horrible. I don't understand how Dani could ever like it. It's one of those books that you start reading it, and you just can't stop, but the moment you stop and put it down, even if it's only for a short while, you think "Wow. What a dreadfully boring books. What a waste of time." If you have the will power, then you'll stop reading. If not.... yeah. You become like Dani. And you actually finish the book.

message 36: by anilee, "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion." (new)

anilee (anileesghost) | 780 comments Mod
I bought Shiver back when it first came out, but I haven't read it yet. I think I mainly bought it for the pretty cover and the blue font. (It is printed in blue ink, right?)

message 37: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments lol, im pretty sure that's what happened to my friend, Kylaia...

message 38: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Hm? No, Dani brought it home and started going on and on about how good it was.

message 39: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Danica wrote: "Has anyone ever read Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater?"

I read it, and read the following two. I enjoyed all three; but I think her writting was intended for an older teenage audience not the younger one that has gotten a hold of it (as mentioned in her blog a few months after it came out).

message 40: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) anilee wrote: "I bought Shiver back when it first came out, but I haven't read it yet. I think I mainly bought it for the pretty cover and the blue font. (It is printed in blue ink, right?)"

Yes, the ink matches the color cover.

message 41: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Kylaia (Formerly known as Klymene) wrote: "It was horrible. I don't understand how Dani could ever like it. It's one of those books that you start reading it, and you just can't stop, but the moment you stop and put it down, even if it's on..."

Personally I enjoyed all three, but when I read them I was looking for that sort of book and it suited what I wanted to read. If you don't enjoy that sort of stuff you wouldn't enjoy them. They are the sort of book that I wouldn't recommend unless someone particularly asked for that type of book, not saying it's bad just that they were not incredibly awesome (as are other books that I have read).

message 42: by anilee, "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion." (new)

I really liked Lament by her, and I just got The Scorpio Races (which one of my friends thought was boring) because it was 3.99 for the Kindle edition.

I don't know when I'll read Shiver. Maybe this summer? (Keep in mind, I probably have a first printing hardcover....)

message 43: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) anilee wrote: "I really liked Lament by her, and I just got The Scorpio Races (which one of my friends thought was boring) because it was 3.99 for the Kindle edition.

I don't know when I'll read Shiver. Maybe th..."

I loved Scorpio Races, it was very different from Shiver and it's companions. What's Lament about?

message 44: by anilee, "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion." (new)

I don't remember. Except that it's a faerie book. The main character can see faeries, and she's supposed to be assassinated by one or something.

message 45: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Oh, I think I have read that actually.

message 46: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Lament? It looked like a Vampire book!

I was checking out this book called Anna Dressed in Blood, and, get this, the ink, of the words inside the book, it was RED, like BLOOD RED.

message 47: by anilee, "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion." (new)

Lament is not a vampire book.

I can beat that; The Blood Confession by Alisa M. Libby has "bloodstains" on the bottom of the pages.

message 48: by Irene (last edited Mar 20, 2012 01:31PM) (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Kylaia (Formerly known as Klymene) wrote: "Lament? It looked like a Vampire book!

I was checking out this book called Anna Dressed in Blood, and, get this, the ink, of the words inside the book, it was RED, like BLOOD RED."

Yep, and the copy I had (well, I should say version I guess) had 'blood splatters' on the inside covers and some pages. Even though they didn't look too realistic I have to give them credit because they were a rusty brown color not bright red (blood doesn't dry red).

message 49: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

*shudders* Yeah, I tried to read that book, The Blood Confession, but the blood stains creeped me out way too much, so I quit.

message 50: by anilee, "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion." (new)

Considering that Death Note is one of my absolute favorite things in this world, I'm not too worried to read it. I love psychopathic protagonists.

« previous 1