What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Other > mid-late 70s adult fairy tale (Astra and Flondrix)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (new)

Andy | 8 comments I think that might have been the subtitle of the book; something like Guy's name & Girl's name: an Adult Fairy Tale. The guy was an elven prince, raised by shepherds for his protection after a war or assassination. The girl was an elven princess who had to marry a prince, only supposedly there were none left. Details, the elves had an alternate form; his was a faun, and hers was a doe. Elves have pairs of sex organs, one above the other, in the case of a male, one is normally hidden, the other shows up as part of the arousal process.

The book begins with a seduction scene between the princess in her doe form and the prince as he's watching his sheep.

A dwarf princess sees our hero in his faun form and falls in lust with him. She sends several of her father's retainers to kidnap the elf and they succeed. This is kinda pointless, since dwarfs and elves are NOT sexually compatible. Dwarf males have long, coiled penes that they keep coiled around their waists except during sex. Dwarf females have corresponding organs. The way dwarfs screw (pun intended) is for the male to lay on his back, while the female is suspended from a harness and wound up, so that as the harness unwinds, the two partners are screwed together. Needless to say, this will not work with a massive but straight penis. Of course they try it anyway, the princess gets bounced out of the harness and...

From what I remember, the book was more silly than it was funny, and I'd probably only read it once and put it away. It's more the fact that I can't remember it that makes it seem interesting.

Thanks for reading.

message 2: by Lindig (new)

Lindig | 51 comments I don't know the book but your description made me laugh out loud.

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy | 8 comments I think it was supposed to be a parody of all the fairy tales ever written, but... I don't remember it being all that well done. (almost feels like I'm saying I did better than the original authors, but I could never keep it up for more than a page... pun not intended)

I've also got this vague image of the cover. There was no picture like most covers, it was predominantly maroon and kind of a paisley, possibly as a frame with the characters peering out from it???

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (drokka) | 211 comments It sounds like something Lampoon would put out, but it's not one of Adam Roberts that I know of. I'll give this some thought, the author's name, might come to me.

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy | 8 comments This could be more misleading than helpful, but I want to think it might have been a Playboy publication?

message 6: by Andy (last edited Dec 24, 2012 04:09PM) (new)

Andy | 8 comments Don't know for sure, but I think this is it.
Astra And Flondrix

I'll let you know when I get it.

(actually, the edition I received was Astra & Flondrix)