The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

did anyone else see gale..

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

did anyone else see gale as more of a brother towards katniss? i've read about how people see gale, peeta, and katniss in a love triangle, but as i was reading i saw that gale was more of like a big brother towards katniss, and he only felt that he might love her because of how long they had known each other. did anyone else see their relationship like this?

Kåiłeē Somewhat... I think a little romance was present.

Hannah I tiny bit but that is only really duriing the last book

Megan i hate that he left, after Finnick umm...*left* Katniss didn't have a freind and when Prim umm...*left* she didn't have a sibling either. the romance made it confusing

Erika exactly, that's why i hated the love triangle so much

Megan ikr!

ϟEvelynϟ Since Katniss and Gale were longtime friends, I thought a romance would grow. Then Peeta came in the picture and changed all my predictions.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

but i didnt see it as romance. it was more like gale just wanted to protect her, thats all. she never had feelings for gale, only peeta. she just felt connected to gale because they knew each other for so long

Erika ♥ Evelyn ♥ wrote: "Since Katniss and Gale were longtime friends, I thought a romance would grow. Then Peeta came in the picture and changed all my predictions."

So, that means a woman and a man can't just be friends, because a romance will grow?...

Megan sad sad quote "'I love you''i know!'" she didn't and gale knew that deep down one day the day would come when he had to admit it...peeta rushed it. I HATE PEETA butlove hin 4 katniss

ϟEvelynϟ Erika wrote: "♥ Evelyn ♥ wrote: "Since Katniss and Gale were longtime friends, I thought a romance would grow. Then Peeta came in the picture and changed all my predictions."

So, that means a woman and a man ..."

No, not in all situations but since Katniss described him as her best friend and handsome I assumed...Then Peeta professed his love for Katniss, there was a love triangle created. Since Katniss was around Peeta a lot. Oh yeah, and mostly reviews on websites kinda gave me the heads up. End.

Carol Kelsey wrote: "did anyone else see gale as more of a brother towards katniss? i've read about how people see gale, peeta, and katniss in a love triangle, but as i was reading i saw that gale was more of like a bi..."
Yeap, for me it was never a love triangle. I don't know why but from the start I knew she will ended up with Peeta.

Kerri Somewhere, I thought I heard, that Gale and Kat end up together, so the whole time I'm thinking that's what's going to happen. When Peeta comes into the picture and becomes more than just a competitor in the games... it starts getting interesting.

I think that Gale thought of himself as more than just a friend, but never broke the "friendship boundary" until Catching Fire. Kat didn't see their [with Gale] relationship as anything else than brother-sister. There seemed like a moment when she realized it could be more than just brother-sister.

Collins could tell the story from Gale's perspective, and then we could see how he felt about Katniss, but I guess that's what the movie is for.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Kelsey wrote: "but i didnt see it as romance. it was more like gale just wanted to protect her, thats all. she never had feelings for gale, only peeta. she just felt connected to gale because they knew each other..."

i think so

Annabel ♥ I definitely got a brotherly/sisterly vibe from Katniss and Gale in general, but I was so mad that Katniss didn't end up with Gale... wasn't that the whole point?

@Megan (I heart FINNICK)-- you said you hated Peeta but loved him for Katniss, I hate Gale but love him for Katniss! lol. (i heart finnick 2)