Delirity discussion

Author T-V > Daughter of Smoke & Bone - L, Taylor

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor

message 2: by Heather (new)

I'm not done with this one - there's about 100 pages left - but I feel the need to comment now. =)
I didn't expect to be remotely interested in this one. It's different, a little quirky, but really interesting. The first few pages were iffy and I thought I might put it down, but something in my head told me to keep going. I love the characters and I really want to know what will happen to them. The story hasn't hit it out of the park because I can still put the book down, but a big part of that has to do with the way the book is cut up into sections so I can't really hold that against it. I'm curious to see what you all thought of it.
Unless things get really great or really bad I'm going to say it's a good read, but get it from the library instead of buy it. We'll see if that changes after the next 100 pages.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I'm trying to get my hands on this one, it sounds so amazing!

message 4: by Heather (new)

I liked it. I'm not sure if I like it organizationally, but I enjoyed the story and I'm curious to see where it's going to go. It definitely is more of a "to be continued..." as the book says, than a complete standalone.

message 5: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments cant get into this keep trying but its like shiver to me as in i dislike the charcters automatically and they dont do ish. hope that changes soon.

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I didn't expect to like the first one when I read it, but I really liked it. I liked all the monsters and how normal Karou was. I thought the second one started out super slow, but it did pick up. With the way the second one ended I can't wait to see where things go from there.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Read this one last year and I really liked the first one, it took me by surprise.

Haven't gotten to the second one yet.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments I wasn't sure about the first one either and really really liked it....one of my favorites this year so far...but since the third is more then a year out I am going to wait a while before starting the second

message 9: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments booo its a lonely world

message 10: by Darcy (last edited Feb 02, 2013 07:09AM) (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Don't worry about it Chakara, I have often been the odd one out in a series that most people love but not me. At least you gave it a shot.

message 11: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Darcy wrote: "Don't worry about it Chakara, I have often been the odd one out in a series that most people love but not me. At least you gave it a shot."

yeah I tried to read shiver for three years.

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Chakara wrote: "yeah I tried to read shiver for three years."

The sad thing is that that book was the best of the three.

message 13: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Darcy wrote: "Chakara wrote: "yeah I tried to read shiver for three years."

The sad thing is that that book was the best of the three."

yeah i stupidly bought the second thinking it would motivate me but when i picked shiver back up I almost had a break down trying to read those charcters. Ruined me for that author.

message 14: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Anywho that being said ILL prob keep trying to get into Daughter of Smoke and Bone :)

message 15: by Heather (new)

It took me a bit to get into too. Liked it by the end.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Darcy wrote: "Chakara wrote: "yeah I tried to read shiver for three years."

The sad thing is that that book was the best of the three."

You're joking . . . I've got the other two on my shelf at hom. *sigh* Shiver was just OK for me.

message 17: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Shera, just remember that is it only one person's view.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Yeppers. I've been putting off reading them for a long while either way.

message 19: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I'm liking the other bone book better Shadow and Bone

message 20: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I'm back three years later. :D
I'm reading this now and i've been burned by the hype. It seems that everyone who has read it says that its so good and original and above the rest. I don't feel that it is.
I love everything except for the relationship between the two main characters its the most instalovey love I've come across in a long time. Akiva makes no sense what so ever like really (view spoiler) it might make more sense if their relationship was built on something other than wooe purrrrty human, woooooe puurrrty angel with a tortured soul.

message 21: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I'm back I gave the book 3 stars or more like 3.5 stars. I really enjoyed the story telling and the other characters especially Karous best friend . Learning about the worlds etc. I really despised the instal-love between the two characters. First of all, what in the name of Romeo & Juliet ....

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Chakara wrote: "in the name of Romeo & Juliet .... "

*giggles*

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Actually I need to reread the first book. 1 it's been a while. 2 I was so enamored with it I know I need a second look at it.

Especially before I finally read books 2 and 3.

message 24: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments It would have been better for me ( at least) if (view spoiler) It really pissed me off it was looking so promising and then it went into the I will sacrifice myself for you and we can never be apart status with in the first few hours of them meeting.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Ha-ha! Crap, now I'm afraid to reread incase I take issue with that.

message 26: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Ha-ha! Crap, now I'm afraid to reread incase I take issue with that."

Well, if you do I'd love to hear what you think about it the second time around.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I'll post here! Promise.

I plan to get to it sometime this year. It's on my goal chart of series I want to finish/catch-up this year.

message 28: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I'll post here! Promise.

I plan to get to it sometime this year. It's on my goal chart of series I want to finish/catch-up this year."

i also have a list like that however i keep starting new series and not finishing any old ones. :'D

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Chakara wrote: "Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I'll post here! Promise.

I plan to get to it sometime this year. It's on my goal chart of series I want to finish/catch-up this year."

i also have a list like that ..."

So guilty of this.

I was starting to feel bad about it. But now I'm starting to play catch-up I don't feel so guilty about starting up new series.