Ashwick Valley RP discussion

Outdoors > Park

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Adena (last edited Feb 22, 2012 07:54PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) A large grassy park with fruit trees scattered about. An old stone fountain sits at the center with the words Tenetur per infinita pacem inscribed on it, which means "Bound by unlimited peace."

message 2: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Dylan was walking in the park. She always liked it here feeling more whole or something, due to the face she was an Earth Elemental. She sat under a tree and played with a flower that was growing under it. Making it bloom and unbloom.

message 3: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Nearby, Skye was trying to grab fruit from a tree. Julie saw this and was a little skeptic of the fruit, so she told her daughter to stop. "It might be bad," she told her. Skye was able to understand her because as Julie taught her sign language, she also taught her the words so she can recognize them.

message 4: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (last edited Feb 26, 2012 10:52AM) (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Dylan saw Mrs. Anders nearby with her daughter. Getting up she went over to greet her. "Hello Mrs. Anders and hello Skye. How are you both doing today?" She asked politely.

message 5: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Skye signed good and asked her how she was doing, copying what her mother said when she greeted someone. Julie smiled at her daughter. "I've had better days. Skye says she's good and wants to know how you are doing."

message 6: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Dylan smiled at Skye. "Serena and I are managing but otherwise we're fine. Thank you for askig. Are you picking fruit or just here for a stroll?'

message 7: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRDELETEDMYINTENDEDPOST))

Skye signed quickly that she wanted to pick fruit, but her mother wouldn't let her. Julie ignored her and said, "We're just out for a stroll." Skye pouted and wish that the girl with the boyish name could sign.

message 8: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Dylan saw Skye pointing towards the tree but didn't quite understand what she meant. Guessing she wanted fruit, Dylan put her hand on the tree and willed the branch with a few apples to come towards her. When the branch bended to her will she picked the apple and handed it to Skye. "A little fruit will do you good." She smiled, then turning back to Julie said. "That's nice.

message 9: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Skye face lit up in awe. Julie took the apple and made sue it didn't have signs that bug were gnawing on it or anything, then gave it back. She didn't really like that Dylan did that without Julie's okay, but she let it slide for right now. Skye munched on the fruit happily. "Yeah. I wish it would do a better job at clearing my head, though."

message 10: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "Yeah I suppose." Dylan said with a small smile. She sat down under the tree. "Would you like to sit? Sometimes that helps too."

message 11: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Julie looked at her watch before answering, "Maybe, but only for a few minutes. I have to drop Julie off at a friend of mine, then go to work." Skye didn't like that idea. It frustrated her that only her mom can understand her.

message 12: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "Well if you ever need a sudden baby sitter, Serena and I will be willing to take care of her. I think we live a few houses down from you." She offered with a smile.

message 13: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Would you be willing to work for free?" Julie asked tentatively. "I haven't been able to get a stable job lately, but as soon as I do, I will pay you some." That fire two years ago was just a sign for more bad things. Nicholas was the one who work and she had no job experience, so she had to get a job at a fast food joint. And the money she got from there wasn't enough for herself, Skye, and the bills.

message 14: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "Oh yeah, I'd be willing to help out as much as I can." Dylan said. "I'm sure Serena won't mind either." She said with a smile to assure Julie.

message 15: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Julie sighed. That was a huge relief. "Thank you. You don't know how much this helps. Maybe one day we can have dinner together and I can teach you some simple words in sign language. To help you understand her more."

message 16: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Dylan nodded. "Sure. Well if Skye can write that could work help a bit too." Turning to Skye she said. "I'm sure we could get you a slate and some sort of chalk or something." She said.

message 17: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Skye looked confused. She didn't know what slate meant. Julie looked to he and signed her what slate meant. "Her spelling is not that terrific. Her penmanship isn't that great either."

message 18: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Dylan smiled and shrugged. "I suppose I could her help her out with that if you don't mind. It'd be good so she can communicate with others who don't sign." She said as she made her blonde hair into a messy bun to keep it out of her face.

message 19: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Julie ran her fingers through her daughters hair, "Well, she's only five. She'll get there."

Skye bit through the core of the apple and made a face. She spit the chunks of apple and seeds out. Julie smiled sadly.

message 20: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Dylan nodded. "She seems like a bright girl I'm sure she 'll get there soon enough. Isn't that right Skye?" She said with an encouraging smile. Noticing the time she said to Julie, "I think that, sadly, you have to get to work. Would you like me to take Skye to your friends house for you?"

message 21: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Skye didn't acknowledge the smile- she was too busy busy getting the last seed out of her mouth.

Julie looked at the time too and nodded, "I do need to go, but I don't need you to take her. I left enough time to get there, then to work without being late. Thanks anyway." She got up.

message 22: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Dylan smiled. "No problem. Have a good day Mrs. Anders. And you too Ms. Skye." She said cheerfully to both of them. She noticed that it was almost time for her to get home too.

message 23: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Skye waved and Julie said, "You have a good day too, okay? I'll talk to you later, Dylan." Julie led her daugter to her friend's house across the street and started to walk to work.

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David Juniper walked along the edge of the field that was located at the park. Ever since David was a child, he use to come as a boy all the time with his sister and they'd play and play and play in the giant field that surrounded the magnificent fountain in the center. Walking over to his favorite fruit tree in the area, he set down his backpack of supplies and motioned for his kids to sit down in the shade of the branches. Jacob and Janessa hastly sat down in the shade, Jacob taking out one of the granola bars in the bag and wolfing it down while Janessa sat cross-legged with a straight back and waited for her father to begin their training for the day.

message 25: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Funny how you pick the exact place I roleplayed before. Can this be a few days after this?))

Skye ran around with her arms out like she was a plane. Julie kept a sharp eye on her. She was glad that Skye was not deaf. She wasn't happy that she was mute, but she figured it was better than being deaf, she figured. If she called her, Skye would be able to hear her.

message 26: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ (last edited Mar 04, 2012 10:00PM) (new)

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ ((haha, sorry. It's the place I would have chosen anyway. It just so happens that that one had already been used :P And that's what the ~~~ mean.))

David waited for Jake to finish the granola bar, and heald another one in his hand just to keep Jason's attention on him. "Okay," their father said, rubbing his hands together with the granola bar inbetween them, "We're going to learn a little bit more about what we could use our powers for. I taught you mostly of how they work last time, now we're going to see how we can use them to our best ability." He raised the gronola bar up with one hand and motioned for Jacob to come at him, "Jake, see if you can take this away from me,"

Jake, being the dare-devil that he was, immedeately disappeared from where he was sitting. Janessa watched the ground, and sure enough, magically there was an imprint being made by Jacob's exact shoes that were heading straight for David. Laughing, David moved out of the way and walked slowly backwards, seeing what Jake's next move was going to be.

message 27: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((That's what I thought, but I needed to clarify.))

Skye stopped and looked at David. She was confused about why he was being so silly. Looking at her mother, she pointed at him and frowned. Julie looked at David, then back at her. "What about him?"
Skye signed, "Why is he being so silly?"
Julie shrugged, "Maybe he just likes walking backwards."
Skye attempted to walk backwards and almost fell over. Julie laughed and held onto her arm.

message 28: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ (last edited Mar 04, 2012 10:00PM) (new)

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ ((Yep, clarification is a good thing. And quick question, wouldn't they know each other since they are one of the origionals?))

David turned around and saw a little girl trying to walk backwards like him, he laughed lightly with her and saw the mother as well. He smiled at her and slightly bowed his head in respect, recognizing Julie immedeately as one of the origional.

Jake held in a laugh as he plucked the granola bar from his father's hand and started to run back towards the tree, then suddenly felt himself being lifted off the ground like he was weightless. Janessa stood up with a wide grin on her face and took the granola bar from mid-air. Unwrapping it, she took a bite and looked up at the now seen form of Jake still floating. "Mmmm...now that's a good granola bar." She smudging replied and went to go and sit back in the shade of the tree. David turned around, holding up his right hand slightly, knowing that Jacob was going to play a trick on him. Then letting his hand drop to his side, Jake also fell with a thud on the ground.

He let out a low groan, "Yep, I'm definitely going to feel that in the morning," he replied, still not getting up. His blonde hair was now messed up and had grass all through it, which would usually bother Jake, but now, he just cared about how many bruises he was going to have tomorrow from the fall.

David turned back to Julie and replied simply as if nothing had happened, "Hello Julie, long time no see."

message 29: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((I was thinking about that, but then I thought "They're about 10 years apart, so would they?" So I don't really know.))

Skye grinned wickedly and search for a stick. She then proceeded to poke Jason (or Jacob?) with it.
Julie didn't notice this... yet. She looked at David, "Hey. Yes, I know, I've been so busy. How are y- SKYE stop doing that!"

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ ((Hmm...oh well :P And I can just totally see these scenes play out in a movie :) And wow, that's a fail about my charries name. I'll go and fix all of them >.< *says to self* wow, I don't even know my own person's name.))

David nodded, laughing at Skye that was currently poking Jake. "No, no, it's fine. He had it coming to him anyway." He said, letting Jacob drop to the ground, so Skye could continute to poke him on the ground. He turned back to Julie, "Yea, ever since the crash, things have been busy lately, so how have you been doing lately?" He asked, wondering if there was a father around. Ever since the crash had first occured, they'd only seen each other a few times and knew that them, along with a few others, had been given powers. But since then, they'd been so occupied with learning how to control them, they'd rarely had any time to talk.

message 31: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Nah, you just got confused.))

Julie raised an eyebrow at his first comment while Skye started to jump on Jacob. "It's been really hard. I don't even know how to describe it to you," Julie said, sighing. Really, really hard. She had no family except for Skye and only a few friends from college and high school. She's been working so hard for the past two years, that she never had time to really mourn Nicholas. She had a kid to take care of and that was more important.

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ David sat down next to Julie, motioning for Janessa and Jake to go play with Skye. Then, returning his gaze at Julie, he nodded his head in understanding, "I'm guessing you feel like ever since you've changed, everyone's looked at you differently, and if anything out of the ordinary goes wrong, it feels like someone has blown a hole in your chest and you don't know if you can recover from it." He actually knew exactly how she felt. Ever since he had gotten his powers, his wife had almost shunned him and his tainted children. Now, she's warmed up to them a little bit, but still treats their other daughter just a little bit better than the others.

message 33: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "It used to be like that, but that's not the reason for my hardship," Julie said, looking at Skye and almost cringing each time she jumped. "The friends who matter have stayed." She sat there for awhile not saying anything. "When Skye was born she didn't scream or yell. The doctors said she was mute. That was hard and with the help of my boyfriend, I got through it. We helped each other," Julie started tearing up and shaking. She took a deep breath and said shakily, "And then... the fire happened." She wiped her eyes. "We had just gotten married..." she said pitifully.

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ He sat crossed legged, letting a rotten apple that had been laying on the ground slowly lift up and circle around David' head, giving him practice with control. Listening intently, he hadn't heard Julie choke up...ever. It must be hard for her... he thought, wondering what he could say to comfort her, but not quite knowing the whole story. Deciding that he should probably find out a few more details, he responded, "Well, it looks like Skye is making great progress with her signing. I use to teach an American Sign Language before I was married at the University, and I think she's doing great for as young as she is," he said, knowing that she needed to hear that. For most young parents, hearing that your child had been born with a disability was hard, and they had to learn how to curve their lifestyle around that bump in the road, "Has Skye been asking about her father? How he died?"

message 35: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Nicholas and Julie had heard that young babies could learn sign language and so, when she learned how to sit up, they started teaching her what they had learned. Julie made a pained face at David's question. "She started a week or two ago. I just told her that he passed. For now she accepts that."

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ He nodded, knowing that she was going to ask more soon, then glanced over at the children playing. Jake was currently invisible and Skye was chasing him with the stick, sometimes finding it's mark and everyone could hear his loud, "Youch!" and Janessa ran along the side, holding Skye's hand.

David smiled at he scene and turned back to Julie, "Yea, but be prepared for more questions, she'll grow up fast you know. Now, it seems like they never will, but it goes by in a blink of an eye." He said, having a question nagging at him, but wasn't sure if it was okay to ask it to Julie.

message 37: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Julie sighed, "That's what I hear. I just don't know what exactly to tell her at this age." She propped her head up with her hands and looked at Skye. Will she be tainted? She thought so, but she didn't really no. Nicholas had the healing ability, which explained why Skye had no burns. He had healed her and did a good job of not getting her burned more. Healing her burns with the combination of his third degree burns had played a major part in his death.

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ David shrugged, knowing that it was hair for Julie with the situation that she was in, "If you don't mind me asking, but I was wondering how the fire got started in the first place." He said, still letting the apple float around him, making sure that it spun in different shapes and wounded around him and Julie.

message 39: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Btw, I have a plot about this. The police are going to revisit this because someone accused her of setting it.))

"They ruled it an accident. Apparently the toaster caught on fire. I wasn't really paying attention... I was in still in shock," Julie said absentmindedly. She didn't want to talk about this anymore.

Skye stopped running and sat down. She was tired.

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ ((haha, sounds awesome! Do we still want to make that ixed family that you, Sadiya, and me would make?))

David nodded, remembered reading about it in the newspaper. That was the first time he had first heard about the fire, or even about Julie and her family ever since the crash. "That's a pretty tragic accident, I'm sorry for your loss. Is there anything that we could do to help?" He asked, using the tearm 'we' meaning his family. David remembered when neighbors had voluninteered to help pick up the debris of her house and had helped set up the burial for her husband.

message 41: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Uh... When did we decide this?))

"Did you say that you signed? Would you be willing to babysit Skye every once in awhile. Money is tight, but I'm sure I'll be able to pay you a little," Julie said, thinking, Eventually...

Skye signed that she wanted water. When Jacob and Janessa looked confused, she huffed and walked over to her mother. Julie opened the top of her water bottle and gave it to her.

message 42: by Killer Queen (last edited Mar 07, 2012 09:22PM) (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Hey, Adena, can we do this someplace else, like the lake?))

message 43: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((Sure, that's fine. can you post first though, I'm doing homework right now...))

message 44: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((So am I... About to take a shower.))

message 45: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((How about we pick this up tomorrow :) ))

message 46: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Good idea.))

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ sтερн ._. wrote: "((Uh... When did we decide this?))

"Did you say that you signed? Would you be willing to babysit Skye every once in awhile. Money is tight, but I'm sure I'll be able to pay you a little," Julie sa..."

((I think we talked about it in the on/off topic, but nevermind.))

David nodded his head, thinking that it might be fun for Aubree, his other daughter, to be able to babysit a child for a little bit. Since he spent most of his time with his other two children, constantly trying to train them, he wanted to teach something to Aubree. And the only other think he knew he could teach her was sign-language. Which definitely came in handy when they were in crowds, and she needed to tell something to him privately without anyone else knowing. It was also a good way for them to have something that connected them to each other, while powers didn't. Remembering that Julie was still there, he answered quickly, "Yea, that sounds great. I'm sure my daughter Aubree would love to spend time with her anytime."

message 48: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Julie smiled, "Thank you. What is your number?" She got out her cheap phone that is only able to make phone calls.

Skye drank about half of the water and gave it back. Julie took it, raising her eyebrows. "Boy, you really were thirsty."

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ David quickly took out his phone from his pocked, along with his glasses. Enjoy being as young as you are while you can Julie, next go the eyes... he thought, half chuckling to himself. Putting them on, he squinted at the tiny screen that had his own number listed on it. "Ugh, I can't believe they talked me into getting this..." he said mostly to himself, still not believing that his children had talked him into getting them each a phone, plus one for each of the parents. Finally finding it, he read it out loud slowly, waiting for Julie to type it in, "693-1693."

message 50: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Julie smiled at him. "It was either this or a house phone and a house phone isn't portable. What if the person babysitting Skye needs to contact me?" she said as she put in his number. She told him her number.

« previous 1