Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14679 comments Mod
Garth Reasby Awaken by Garth Reasby

Genre: Science Fiction

Awaken

Book Description

Achilles. Perseus. Cu Chulainn. Joan of Arc. Their names ring through the millennia. They were called gods, demons, heroes, the sons and daughters of divinity. Today, we know their kind by another word: Superhero. Jordan Law is the best sniper that the British Secret Intelligence Service has ever seen, possessing a singular talent for slipping in and out of places that no human should be able to. She is a woman with a secret, possessing superhuman strength, speed and reflexes, and the ability to make herself seemingly disappear into thin air. She is the perfect operative, an unstoppable assassin. After a successful mission to eliminate a known terrorist leader, Jordan’s secret is discovered by a shadowy organization within British intelligence. She is drawn into a covert war where the soldiers are superbeings struggling to keep their own kind from preying on normal humans. Faced with the greatest challenges of her life, Jordan must push her own limits to protect her family, her teammates, and the world from a threat that has worked behind the scenes since the earliest days of humanity. Will the cost be her soul?

Be one of the first 5 people to sign up below in order to receive a free copy of this ebook to Read and Review! All Reviews should be posted on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.

Formats available: Mobi, Pdf, Epub

All reviews should be completed and posted within 6 to 8 weeks after you recieve your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your Name, email address and format required

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 42 comments yes, please
Mallory Anne-Marie Forbes
Mobi
Archie.Standwood.Author@gmail.com
thank you!

message 3: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14679 comments Mod
sent in your request Mallory

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments Woohoo- LOVE the longer time frame!

mobi please
loonyalana@yahoo.com

message 5: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 6343 comments Mod
Sent in your request Alana :)

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) pdf file please. :) samtha.a@gmail.com Name is Samantha.

message 7: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sent in your request Samantha :)

2 copies left

message 8: by Lizze (new)

Lizze Gorski | 21 comments Okay, I'm intrigued! :-)
readingwritingmamaby3@live.com
epub please

message 9: by Midu, wants to try muesli! (new)

Midu Hadi | 627 comments Mod
strideress_longshanks@hotmail.com
epub
reviews only on GR, Smashwords and Shelfari.

message 10: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sent in your request Elizabeth and Midu!

message 11: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

All copies of this book are gone! I'm moving this post to the "completed" folder, but please still post your reviews in this thread!

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 42 comments Awaken by Garth Reasby
3 Stars

Jordan Law is an exceptional human being, with powers that border on the outright spooky, such as the ability to become temporarily invisible to one individual or to small groups. She is also stronger, more enduring, a faster runner, and a very quick-almost instantaneous- healer. Using her abilities as a trained sniper for Britain’s intelligence service is effective, productive, and mostly satisfying, until she encounters a very odd, nearly dangerous event while on a sniper mission in Afghanistan, when she discovers the chosen target also has telepathic or psychic powers. Then she is tapped to join a more covert organization within the ranks of the Intelligence Service, fearing that her siblings might be selected for extreme testing to see if they too possess these extraordinary powers, and also because of her lifelong search for answers to why she is as she is.
“Awaken” is the first of a series and is packed to the rafters with action and adventure. It will appeal to fans of thriller novels who enjoy detailed explanations of missions, weaponry, and the hierarchy of covert organisations. Jordan is an unusual protagonist, because she is female and that is not the usual case for highly-trained snipers on assassination missions. This gives the author an opportunity to weave in her emotional tapestry, her engagement, and her approach to work and relationships. Despite her gender, however, Jordan Law is a super-hero type, never the ordinary routine field agent.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments crap in a handbasket... this one fell through the cracks for me. So sorry, I'll start reading!

Bad Alana.

message 14: by Midu, wants to try muesli! (new)

Thank you Making Connections & Garth!

GR
Amazon
Shelfari
PBD Blog

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments So HERE was the thread! I did read this, as Garth knows because I did email him... lemme see if I can still find those review links...

GoodReads

Passionate Book Divas- Alana

Amazon Review

message 16: by Midu, wants to try muesli! (new)

i was going to remind you to post the links since i knew you reviewed it! :-)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Awaken (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Garth Reasby (other topics)