Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

Mockingjay > The Conclusion

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
The end of the trilogy, left me, for lack of a better word, stunned. What did you think of the end of this epic trilogy?

message 2: by An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews, Assistant Head Mod >♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) | 167 comments Mod
I thought it was rushed. Katniss seemed to hate her children and the children should have been hers and Gale's , not Peeta's! :/

message 3: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Roleplay Mod>GALE!!!!!!!!! (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 483 comments Mod
YES

message 4: by Beth (new)

Beth (beth_jones8) I loved it!

message 5: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
I loved it too...although I agree it did feel just a bit rushed.

message 6: by Emely (new)

Emely Villela (emelyvillela) | 6 comments I was completely shocked at who Katniss decided to shoot, I totally yelled out of shock. But yes the end was wayyy too rushed. I wish Collins would have gone more in depth as Peeta and Katniss' relationship mended back together. Oh well

message 7: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
I know I've mentioned this before somewhere, but I think the author wanted the readers to draw their own conclusions. However, she went a bit overboard letting us do that by not telling us much of anything at the end, just the basics.

message 8: by harriet (last edited Mar 16, 2012 09:53AM) (new)

harriet (harriet64) ((i haven't read the very end, can you put it in a (view spoiler)

message 9: by An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews, Assistant Head Mod >♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) | 167 comments Mod
I knew she was going to shoot her when she (Katniss) said yes to another Games, as a test to Coin

message 10: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
That came as a total surprise to me.

message 11: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Roleplay Mod>GALE!!!!!!!!! (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 483 comments Mod
Leah wrote: "That came as a total surprise to me."

Yeah!

message 12: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Marilyn wrote: "I thought it was rushed. Katniss seemed to hate her children and the children should have been hers and Gale's , not Peeta's! :/"

I don't think that Katniss HATED her children. She was just dissapointed in them because of them taking advantage of their circumstances. When she sang them Rue's lullaby, they thought of it as some old song. Maybe she was somewhat jealous because it seems as though their life is perfect. They wouldn't have to go to the Games. But, I think she loved her children.

message 13: by Ashli (new)

Ashli | 39 comments Marilyn wrote: "I thought it was rushed. Katniss seemed to hate her children and the children should have been hers and Gale's , not Peeta's! :/"

Why do you think Katniss hated her kids?

message 14: by Ashli (new)

Ashli | 39 comments Emely wrote: "I was completely shocked at who Katniss decided to shoot, I totally yelled out of shock. But yes the end was wayyy too rushed. I wish Collins would have gone more in depth as Peeta and Katniss' rel..."

I agree- I wasn't really super surprised when she shot Coin though. I hate how everyone died! Prim, Finnick, Boggs...

message 15: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Yup

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

The book itself was okay (minus the horrendous death of my beloved Finnick and Primrose) but the whole killing Coin thing surprised me. But it did make sense. Coin could have easily become another Snow. I thought the afterward was short, but sweet.

message 17: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Oh, I loved the epilogue.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! Virtual high five!

message 19: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
*High five*

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha:)