Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

The Hunger Games > Peeta's Confession

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Peeta's declaration of love for Katniss was....er.....unexpected to say the least. However, it sure did make the book more interesting and in the end, more well rounded, as far as action, romance, etc. What did you think about it? Did you find it sweet, sad, romantic, stupid, unneeded, etc. etc?

message 2: by An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews, Assistant Head Mod >♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) | 167 comments Mod
It bugged the crap out of me! She was meant for GALE! NOT PEETA! GALE!!!!!!!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

If I hadn't had it, I would have not known the difference, but it really does make sense, instead of him just falling for her. It helped get them sponsors, and let's face it, not as many people were going to sponsor Katniss, despite her great training score.

message 4: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Roleplay Mod>GALE!!!!!!!!! (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 483 comments Mod
Marilyn wrote: "It bugged the crap out of me! She was meant for GALE! NOT PEETA! GALE!!!!!!!!"

:)

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth (beth_jones8) i thought it was sad. I mean, he probably wanted to tell her for so long and then he finally does and really its all just a lie (not his love but the whole strategy thing). I feel sorry for him

message 6: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Beth wrote: "i thought it was sad. I mean, he probably wanted to tell her for so long and then he finally does and really its all just a lie (not his love but the whole strategy thing). I feel sorry for him"

Yes...me too. And, being "Team Peeta," I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. :)

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth (beth_jones8) I kinda hate it though cause i was like 'oh yeah, finally!' and then she takes his heart and stomps on it. But for a good cause i suppose

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (appsl) | 10 comments Peeta saw dumb, stupid and lovable. Much better than smart, strong and selfish Gale.

So Peeta's confession did add a bit of spice to things. I loved Katniss's reaction!

message 9: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Me too!

message 10: by Nataly (new)

Nataly (natalyreads) I think it was sweet and a perfect strategy for the Games. Although it was all an act for Katniss, it was real for Peeta, and this was a huge factor in the survival of not only one, but both of them.

message 11: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
It was sad though, that Katniss didn't figure out he was for real until the end. I had a feeling that he was, but I wasn't sure.

message 12: by Nataly (new)

Nataly (natalyreads) It was sad, especially since it hurt Peeta so much. In a way, it wasn't necessarily Katniss' fault because she was told that this was the plan for the Games, to help them get sponsors and actually have a chance to win. It's just, it was always real for Peeta and he believed it was real on Katniss' side also.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I like how even though he was really mad when she told him it wasn't real, he still pretended for the cameras. As much as I love Gale, I don't think he could have.

message 14: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
I almost wondered if Haymitch even knew it was real. Because, when Peeta finds out, the conversation starts after he asks what Haymitch means by "we should be good after the train station."

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmmm I never even noticed that, I bet he didn't think it was.

message 16: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
But then again, there was that other comment about Peeta being "already there."

message 17: by Kate9 (last edited Sep 01, 2012 01:24PM) (new)

Kate9 | 285 comments I'm not sure that Peeta was totally real when they started the games. He probably had a little crush on her and was just playing it up for the cameras, and then after his confession he probably realized his confession was true! :D

message 18: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
I had wondered that, and that would be a great twist to the story as far as the whole love triangle thing goes. But I honestly think that he was telling the whole truth. I don't know why, but...

message 19: by Kate9 (new)

Kate9 | 285 comments Yeah, you're probably right. Its a possibility, but I agree, i think he was telling the truth.

message 20: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
If he had not REALLY cared for her, I think he would have speared her when she attacked the Careers with the tracker jackers. He was probably kind of mad...I would be, at least. :)

message 21: by Kate9 (new)

Kate9 | 285 comments He was too sweet to be mad :D

message 22: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Oh, yeah! :D

message 23: by Kate9 (new)

Kate9 | 285 comments :P I liked Peeta, he was so nice the whole time, and people (including myself) say that he was kind of fragile, but he did save Katniss a few times too.

message 24: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
He was fragile, but he was also strong. He wasn't like the other victors...he didn't turn to any form of mind-altering substance to escape his misery. He tried his best to hold on.

message 25: by Kate9 (new)

Kate9 | 285 comments Right-o. He was also very selfless, which requires a lot of strength sometimes.

message 26: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Right, it does, especially since the human instinct can be "think only about yourself/your own survival."

message 27: by Kate9 (new)

Kate9 | 285 comments Yup.

message 28: by Ashli (new)

Ashli | 39 comments Marilyn wrote: "It bugged the crap out of me! She was meant for GALE! NOT PEETA! GALE!!!!!!!!"

I completely disagree with you. Gale didn't realize what he had with Katniss until she was gone. Peeta noticed her at the beginning- he saved her life! Gale will be/was able to find someone else but Peeta couldn't live without her!

message 29: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Ashli wrote: "Marilyn wrote: "It bugged the crap out of me! She was meant for GALE! NOT PEETA! GALE!!!!!!!!"

I completely disagree with you. Gale didn't realize what he had with Katniss until she was gone. Peet..."

That's an absolutely awesome point.

message 30: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Roleplay Mod>GALE!!!!!!!!! (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 483 comments Mod
Ashli wrote: "Marilyn wrote: "It bugged the crap out of me! She was meant for GALE! NOT PEETA! GALE!!!!!!!!"

I completely disagree with you. Gale didn't realize what he had with Katniss until she was gone. Peet..."

Gale liked Katniss for six months before she went into the games!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate9 wrote: "I'm not sure that Peeta was totally real when they started the games. He probably had a little crush on her and was just playing it up for the cameras, and then after his confession he probably rea..."

Well, later on in the series he said he liked her since she was five, didn't he? (I've read the entire series seven times, I know what I'm talking about)

message 32: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 25, 2012 02:46PM) (new)

Anywho, Peeta's confession seemed kind of out of the blue to me, but it gave it that added spice, it gave Katniss more sponsors, and it gave him a chance to tell her how he really fault. Though, honestly, I don't think I could've done that in front of all of Panem.

message 33: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (last edited Sep 25, 2012 04:32PM) (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
ℂᖺᗩᖇᒪἷᙓ ~Chaos Walking~ wrote: "Ashli wrote: "Marilyn wrote: "It bugged the crap out of me! She was meant for GALE! NOT PEETA! GALE!!!!!!!!"

I completely disagree with you. Gale didn't realize what he had with Katniss until she ..."

He did, but I still think that they were too much alike. They got into petty arguments ALL THE TIME.

message 34: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Leong (stephaniexleong) I totally awwwww-ed out loud in the middle of class when I read this part :P

message 35: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Awesomeness! :)

message 36: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Anna wrote: "I loved that part one of my favorites <3 um a lot of people say katniss was never really in love with peeta in the games I agree she wasn't I even love peter but I'm not afraid to say it... But I a..."

Yeah, that's an excellent point.

message 37: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
You're welcome. :)