My YA Obsession discussion

General > Books you love to recommend

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Soumi (new)

Soumi (soumiroy) | 66 comments Mod
All of us have a list books which we love and like to recommend to friends. Please post you books of choice and you would love to recommend others.

message 2: by Soumi (new)

I'm doing the first post
I would love to recommend Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath #1) by Anne Greenwood Brown for those who loves mermaid book, a evil one.
You can check out my review http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
I recently finished Oppression (Children of the Gods, #1) by Jessica Therrien and i love it, with ups and downs, you will never know what coming next.

message 3: by Emily V, Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be EVER in your favour! (new)

Emily V (xemilyx) | 214 comments Mod
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare
I always reccomend these

message 4: by Roshini (new)

Roshini I really like Willow by Julia Hoban , Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi , On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta and Saving June by Hannah Harrington

message 5: by Soumi (new)

I would like to recco The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis one of best of the decade

message 6: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I recommend
ChicLit: Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) by Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic #2) by Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic, #3) by Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic and Sister (Shopaholic, #4) by Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic & Baby (Shopaholic, #5) by Sophie Kinsella Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Contemporary romance: If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

Mystery/Thriller/Fiction: Legacy of Lies & Don't Tell (Dark Secrets, #1) by Elizabeth Chandler No Time to Die & The Deep End of Fear (Dark Secrets, #2) by Elizabeth Chandler The Back Door of Midnight (Dark Secrets, #3) by Elizabeth Chandler The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Played With Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Pickett (michelle-pickett) Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

And of course mine:

Concilium Concilium (Concilium, #1) by Michelle K. Pickett
Concilium:The Departure Concilium The Departure (Concilium, #2) by Michelle K. Pickett
PODs PODs by Michelle K. Pickett

Of course, they have to be released. :) Look for Concilium in July.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

A gossip girl manga was confusing but powerful (especially loved the graphical reversion to childhood at emo moments),

I'm liking The Dungeon

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (thecovercontessa) So many!! But here are a few:
Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows Divergent by Veronica Roth If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer

message 11: by Daisy (last edited Apr 30, 2012 04:24PM) (new)

Daisy | 180 comments On the Jellicoe Road is one of my all time favourite books. Anything Melina Marchetta. And all of Cassandra Clares books are amazing :D I love the Infernal Devices series.

message 13: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 22 comments The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner and its successors

Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth

Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and its successors

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1 comments I recommend Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan to everyone! :D

message 15: by An (last edited May 03, 2012 10:42AM) (new)

An I LOVE the Nightshade trilogy, by Andrea Creamer.
Book one is
Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer
Also,
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare
is pretty amazing.

Rhondaluvsmylibrary (iluvmylibrary) | 4 comments You must read Graceling and Fire if you haven't read them yet and then move on to Bitterblue.

message 17: by Katy (new)

Katy The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 18: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Gillespie (crystal_gillespie) | 6 comments My favorite trilogy by far so I MUST recommend it: Wither and Fever, the third part of the series comes out in Spring of next year! A little about it: It's based in the future and their has been something terrible happen with the new generations. Women die at the age of 20 and men die at the age of 25 because of this disease.

I would also recommend Delirium and Pandemonium which is about another type of disease. Amor Deliria Nervosa which is love. When children turn 18 they get a "cure" to keep them from falling in love, or Amor Deliria Nervosa.

I also just got done reading Die for Me, which is about the "undead", not quite zombies but not quite ghosts either. It's based in France and it is a very romantic book!

All of these are great books!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

message 20: by Denisse (new)

Denisse (denmargarita) | 30 comments i recommend you GAME OF THRONES and MAZE RUNNER:D BOTH ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I read Mazerunner really good! My mom won't let me read Game of Thrones.

message 22: by Denisse (new)

Denisse (denmargarita) | 30 comments WHY? it is sooooooooo good! it is not as cruel and sexual as in the TV show, AND he is the king of the suspense I SWEAR!
MAYBE SOMEDAY you could read it :D hope so cause is soooooo good.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh I will.

message 24: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I recommend : The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

Such an amazing series :)

message 26: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 17 comments The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins It's the best book EVER.

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks I'm reading it now and it's amazing!

message 27: by Raine (last edited May 11, 2012 06:38PM) (new)

Raine Radke (rrainydays) I think these are really good stuff. (NOT IN ORDER)

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver The Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu

Starters (Starters, #1) by Lissa Price Starters by Lissa Price

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine #1) by Ransom Riggs Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

ENJOY! =D

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Before I fall is soooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing!

message 29: by Mara (new)

Mara (maraanne) I have soooo many books I love to recommend, so here are just a few:

Entwined by Heather Dixon , The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater , Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey , Ripper by Stefan Petrucha , How the Hangman Lost His Heart by K.M. Grant , The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins , The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1) by John Flanagan , The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick , Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1) by Jessica Day George

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Entwined is soooooooooo good!

message 31: by Mara (new)

Mara (maraanne) Isn't it, though? I was absolutley in love with that book when I finished it; I immediately bought my own copy as soon as I was done.

message 32: by Mara (new)

Mara (maraanne) I know! :) Between that one and "Entwined," I have a hard time deciding which one is my favorite, because "Entwined" is soooo good, but I absolutely love Galen.

message 33: by Areana (new)

Areana (prettiiariij3) | 41 comments The maze runner by James dashner

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Who is Galen?

message 35: by Beatrice (new)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh. I have that book on my Kindle but I got bored and couuldn't finish.

message 37: by Marlowe Bryan (last edited May 12, 2012 08:46PM) (new)

Marlowe Bryan Baltazar (marlowebaltazar) | 1 comments I would recommend these: Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Harry Potter Boxset by J.K. Rowling The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1) by Michael Scott

message 38: by Luce (last edited May 12, 2012 09:55PM) (new)

Luce (lucenevertrustaduck) I like to recommend Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis
And Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
And City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
And The Nine Lives of Chloe King (Nine Lives of Chloe King, #1-3) by Liz Braswell
And The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan
And Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
And Crave (The Clann #1) by Melissa Darnell
And Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver
And Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik

Mili- tropical girl :) i loved the PRIVATE SERIES! and BLUE BLOODS and JESSICA'S GUIDE TO DATING ON THE DARK SIDE and VAMPIRE ACADEMY and THE HUNGER GAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 41: by Jules (last edited May 14, 2012 08:26AM) (new)

message 42: by Hazel (new)

Hazel West | 23 comments I'm going to second Mara here with Scorpio Races and Ripper because those are two of the best YA books that have come out this past year. And Ranger's Apprentice is amazing as well. Those are some of my favorite books!

message 43: by Pritha (new)

Pritha (pritha_saha) | 7 comments Just One Wish by Janette Rallison My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #1) by Janette Rallison My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison

I recommend these to anyone who enjoys a good romantic comedy or a fairytale!

message 44: by C. (new)

C. (czaragoza) I love Wither:
Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano

And my own contribution, if you like dystopias:
The Complex by C.E. Zaragoza

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

You gotta read City of Bones! Now!

message 46: by Luce (new)

Luce (lucenevertrustaduck) I agree more people need to know about my boyfriend Jace

message 47: by Nuzaifa (new)

Nuzaifa (n-u-z-a-i-f-a) Jules wrote: "Almost

The Only Alien on the Planet

Here

Pride's Run"

Added Almost to my TBR list!Seems great. :)

message 48: by Aleks (new)

Aleks | 2 comments vampire academy series
mortal instrument series
hunger games series
wings series
<3

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Luce wrote: "I agree more people need to know about my boyfriend Jace"

Also my bestestestestestestestestestestest friend that I knew from BIRTH! But Luce is his bf.

message 50: by Christy (new)

Christy (christyram2005) | 10 comments Immortal This series is pretty awesome..

Marked the house of Night series also.

« previous 1 3