Mentoring Moments for Christian Women discussion

2/20/12 Preparing for Easter > Day 3 Ash Wednesday

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (mezzomom) | 14 comments Mod
I came home tonight and my family looked at me strangely. I forgot that I had an ash cross on my forehead after playing piano for our Wednesday night service. I was the one who needed reminding how much I need Jesus and His forgiveness and yet I hadn't seen what I looked like. "Have you seen yourself in the mirror yet?" my husband asked.

That's what I need to do everyday: really look at who I am and in what ways I can more closely follow Jesus. Tonight we sang, "Lord I want to be a Christian." One verse says, "Lord I want to be like Jesus," another says, "Lord I want to be more loving... in my heart..."

Tomorrow morning the cross on my forehead will be gone, but when I look in the mirror I'm going to try to remember how I want to be more loving and more closely follow the One who died for me and took away all my sins.

message 2: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Harris | 14 comments Mod
Today (Thursday) I looked ahead and read the hymns in the weekend devotions. I read through the words of "Near the Cross" and thanked God for saving me. I felt in need of kneeling and clinging to the cross and remembering Jesus' great sacrifice so I could be forgiven. It was a bittersweet time of recognizing His great cost and rejoicing in my eternal gain. Yes, Jesus, keep me near the cross.

message 3: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (goodreadscomkelliemmcw) | 20 comments Mod
I'm reminded of the song Here I Am to Worship.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q63Rg5...

message 4: by Cap (new)

Cap | 4 comments My 5 year old son received ashes for the first time. I love hearing his take on what the Lenten and Easter Seasons mean to him. He asks the greatest questions. Tonight he asked if Jesus was going to be in heaven as a baby or as a man. I think he is in the process of understanding that the same baby we worship and adore at Christmas rose from the dead on Easter. I pray for the appropriate answers to his questions... :)

I love that tune, Kellie! And Lydia, Amazon has a beautiful accapella version of Near the Cross for Free for downloading. :)

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (mezzomom) | 14 comments Mod
You all are a wonderful way to wake up this morning!