Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14665 comments Mod
The Dark Lord's Handbook by Paul Dale Paul Dale

Genre: Humor/(epic)fantasy

The Dark Lord's Handbook

Book Description

To become a Dark Lord is no easy thing. The simple ambition to hold dominion over the world and bend all to your will sounds straightforward but it's not. There's armies to raise, fortresses to build, heroes to defeat, battles to be fought, hours of endless soliloquy in front of the mirror – it's a never ending job. Not to mention deciding what to wear. (After hours, days, even weeks of consideration, it will be black, so save yourself some time.)

After many spectacular failures, Evil decided to lend more than inspiration to these would be tyrants. He wrote an easy to follow Dark Lord's Handbook. And yet the next Dark Lord that came along screwed up like all the others. What good was a Handbook if they didn't RTFM?

It had been hundreds of years, and the Handbook had been lost in the annals of time, along with all that was mythic and exciting in the world, until one day a randy dragon had a chance encounter. Nine months later a Dark Lord was born (for even a Dark Lord has a mother).

It took a while but the orc who had been looking after the Handbook all this time delivered it to this new contender, Morden.

To become a Dark Lord is no easy thing. Morden had better be a quick study.

Be one of the first 5 people to sign up below in order to receive a free copy of this ebook to Read and Review! All Reviews should be posted on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.

Formats available: ePub, mobi, pdf, doc, odt (OpenOffice)

All reviews should be completed and posted within 4 to 6 weeks after you recieve your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your Name, email address and format required

Eldritch_Reading_Reindeer Groundhogged (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 42 comments Whee! Yes, love that sense of humour
Mallory Anne-Marie Forbes
Archie.Standwood.Author@gmail.com
Mobi, please:)

message 3: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14665 comments Mod
sent in your request

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments this does sound funny...

mobi please
loonyalana@yahoo.com

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul Dale (Paul_Dale) | 8 comments Check your email Alana, should be a pressie in there. If there any issues, feel free to email me.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments Got it! Thanks!

message 7: by Laurie: Almost Faemous (last edited Feb 25, 2012 08:53AM) (new)

Laurie: Almost Faemous (laurie-almostfaemous) | 42 comments this sounds great if there are any copies left please sign me up epub please
laurie@ufreview.com

message 8: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 6244 comments Mod
Sent your request to the author Laurie!

2 copies left

message 9: by Lizze (new)

Lizze Gorski | 21 comments please add me to the list, if there are any copies left.
readingwritingmamaby3@live.com
epub format please :-)

message 10: by Paul (new)

Paul Dale (Paul_Dale) | 8 comments Will mail as soon as I get back from the gym.

message 11: by Alicia (last edited Feb 28, 2012 04:42AM) (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) I just read the sample. Loved it. Gimme the last copy please!

If still available, please send mobi file to awb@aliciawb.com.

message 12: by Paul (new)

Paul Dale (Paul_Dale) | 8 comments Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my work, it's much appreciated. All copies gone.

message 13: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 6244 comments Mod
Thanks everyone! I'm moving this post to the "completed" section, but please still post your reviews here when you are finished!

Eldritch_Reading_Reindeer Groundhogged (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 42 comments http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

In the never-ending warfare between Good and Evil, there needs always be-a Hero-and a Dark Lord. The problem on Evil’s side is that Dark Lord candidates seem few and far between; and when one is killed by the Hero, then Evil simply must wait until the next one is born, which could be centuries. But Evil had a clever idea: it wrote a Manual, a Handbook for the Dark Lord. Problem is, in addition to a candidate being born in the first place, it really helps if said potential Dark Lord can even read the Handbook-and then manage not to forget its stipulations.

“The Dark Lord’s Handbook” is a subtly hilarious tale penned in the mode of a medieval-style high-fantasy. The characters are delightful, caricatures come to life and given some spin to make them individuals, not stereotypes. The background description, locales, and settings are excellently done. I wouldn’t recommend this for YA or younger readers, due to some terminology and situations. However, adult readers will definitely find their fancies tickled as they follow the exploits of young Mordred, the newest Dark Lord, and his evolution into world despot. The journey will take him from the humble village inn of his birth, into an altered reality few could have imagined, as he discovers his true heritage and his purpose in life. Author Paul Dales manages to suspend our disbelief and make the story seem natural, even realistic, thus keeping reader’s interest (whilst we are laughing along the way). The novel works both as a light-hearted epic fantasy, and as a parody of the more laborious works in that sub-genre.

Laurie: Almost Faemous (laurie-almostfaemous) | 42 comments Here is my review...loved it, it was hilarious

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

also on my blog and Amazon as well
http://ufreview.com/2012/03/10/the-da...

message 16: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) All done! Thanks so much; this was a great break from the norm.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2X3HQDT...

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments I'm still working on this, haven't forgotten! Sorry- crazy crazy with sick kids last week and two weeks before that!

message 18: by Paul (new)

Paul Dale (Paul_Dale) | 8 comments Kids are far more important :) Thanks to all that have reviewed it so far. If you want a cleaner copy (I'm happy to receive and update with reported errors) then you can email Kindle support with the book details and they should send you the latest version.

The Dark Lord's Handbook, Paul Dale, ASIN B00756ZO4Y

The cover you see in Goodreads is going live now.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Dark Lord's Handbook (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Paul Dale (other topics)