FictionPress & FanFiction Members discussion

Start Here > About FictionPress & FanFiction

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_ekberg) Here I will post information on FictionPress and FanFiction. Any new improvments, news or interesting facts.
You can also ask me any questions you have on getting started on either of these sites, or what they are.

message 2: by Sam (last edited Feb 26, 2012 08:33AM) (new)

Sam (sam_ekberg) www.fictionpress.com is a website where you can post your original stories. With over a million original works, there is always something to read just for your taste.
You can also review the stories you read, sugguesting improvments on the story, give sugguestions, and give incouragment.
By becoming a member, you can post your own original works, and be rewarded by readers reviewing your own story. You can also hire a BetaReader to help improve your story even further.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

What's your name there? in fanfiction I mean.

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_ekberg) Rylee Wyatt

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_ekberg) www.fanfiction.net is a website where you can post stories about already made books, movies, etc. You can also do crossovers; mixing two different books, movies, etc. into one story. This is usually done with books, but you can write about any media.
You can also read others' work, review, and help them improve. With so many works, you can always find something to read.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

The Princesses of fanfiction.net James/Lily category:
-purtyinpink71121
-PrincessEarth
-RainbowCrystal
-Seven Scribbles
-Ruby4
-MysticMarauder

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_ekberg) Well it's not my website. I didn't make it. :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

OH.MY.GOSH. wait for it..........

XDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD I can't get enough of smiling XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

message 9: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (geekktragedy) | 5 comments Soooo I know that this is a Fanfiction and Fictionpress group, but I'd also like to say real quick that www.archiveofourown.org is also a really good website, especially for reading. AO3 is sometimes better because it has a ton of subcategories and tags that can refine your search if you want a specific pairing, character, genre, etc or just don't want to read about particularly offensive topics like drug use and violence.
Honestly, though, it's not the best for posting, because obviously this means you have to put your story into a ton of different categories, and it has a separate spot for tags, pre-chapter notes and after-chapter notes. On the bright side, once you post the first chapter it's super easy to post future chapters.

Not trying to say that it is better-honestly I prefer ff.net-but just wanted to let people know about it :)