The Giver (The Giver, #1) The Giver discussion

wondering

Comments (showing 1-27 of 27) (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celia (new)

Celia is this book good or not if it is tell me what its about please i really need a new book to read.comments?

Kimberly I really liked it but wasn't too crazy about the other two that are companion books to it.

Chloe i love it its a really good science fiction book

Emmy I can't say I exactly LIKED it, but at the same time, I just couldn't put it down....Most of the people I've talked to have really liked it, though. Give it a try; you'll prolly like it.

Sarah You should read it because it's quite an excellent book. It's sorta like the book Matched by Ally Condie but her's is a series.

Kendal(Frank) well, i enjoyed it. and i had to it read no matter what because it was for a report. it was a fast read and i recommend it. i liked it and you will probably too. :)

Kendal(Frank) i would also recommend matched if the giver doesn't work out. i'm actually reading it right now and can't find a way to put it down its interesting and just as sci-fy as the giver

Sarah Kendal(Frank) wrote: "i would also recommend matched if the giver doesn't work out. i'm actually reading it right now and can't find a way to put it down its interesting and just as sci-fy as the giver"

Do you think you'll read the whole series?

Kirby I say "meh" on this one.

Kendal(Frank) sarah do you mean the giver or matched cause i already read the second one too....

Kayla Love The Giver really took alot to get into. Its not good from the beginning, but it DOES get better. Ive read it 3 times.

Kendal(Frank) Kayla wrote: "The Giver really took alot to get into. Its not good from the beginning, but it DOES get better. Ive read it 3 times."

wow um thts crazy did u like it that much? i read it but it was for a book project i mean if it wasnt for me having to do tht book report i wouldnt have read it!:) not in a bad way just my techer was the one tht introduced it to me

message 13: by Gillian (last edited Jun 25, 2012 09:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gillian The Giver is a classic dystopia: Science fiction set in a negative, future world. It is taught in school because the kids never forget the subject matter once they've read it, with the injections etc. Protagonist is young, pre-teen or teen, could be considered YA literature.

Kayla Love Kendal (Frank) wrote: "wow um thts crazy did u like it that much? i read it but it was for a book project i mean if it wasnt for me having to do tht book report i wouldnt have read it!:) not in a bad way just my techer was the one tht introduced it to me"

The first time i read this book was in 8th grade. my teacher introduced it to me as well. The first time around i wasnt sure if i liked it, but by the second and the third time, I knew It was going to be my favorite book. Now i own two copies of it.

Caroline Loved The Giver, it's in my top three books of all time :)

Kendal(Frank) Kayla wrote: "Kendal (Frank) wrote: "wow um thts crazy did u like it that much? i read it but it was for a book project i mean if it wasnt for me having to do tht book report i wouldnt have read it!:) not in a b..."

oh cool. when it comes to syfi books my favorites are the giver and matched

Kayla Love ive never read matched. and im not big on syfi books, but LOVE the Giver

message 18: by ϟEvelynϟ (last edited Jul 03, 2012 07:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ϟEvelynϟ I liked it a lot though it left you with SO many questions at end. That kind of let me down... On the brighter side, it's so interesting. It's mature in some way but it's just really mysterious and capturing. Definitely read it!

Flora (Ludacris) ♥ Btw, always read the first book of every series. It's always the best. :)

Rashika (is tired) it was great :) i loved it.. although i dont think the rest of the books quite live up to the giver..

Aleesha The Giver is my all time favorite book! It is like the prerequisite to all dystopian novels that are out today. Definitely read! It changed my life :)

Victoria Celia wrote: "is this book good or not if it is tell me what its about please i really need a new book to read.comments?"

This is a great book. I use it in my classroom to discuss social issues that the book is about. A book that really says something.

Victoria ϟEvelyn♫ wrote: "I liked it a lot though it left you with SO many questions at end. That kind of let me down... On the brighter side, it's so interesting. It's mature in some way but it's just really mysterious and..."

The ending is what makes the Book. It can be interpreted so many different ways.

Cassondra Yes, the ending is amazing! I love how... well, I can't say that, can I?

My favorite part of the book is the themes of love, freedom, choice, and the value of human life. I read it for the first time last year, and it was the first book I chose to teach in my classroom.

It was interesting how the reader makes discoveries through the novel as the main character does. It's a real journey to read.

Michaela It's about a boy living in a future society where everyone is forced to be the same and given medications so they will comply. I really liked it, but it is a bit weird

ϟEvelynϟ Victoria wrote: "ϟEvelyn♫ wrote: "I liked it a lot though it left you with SO many questions at end. That kind of let me down... On the brighter side, it's so interesting. It's mature in some way but it's just real..."

Eh. I don't like it because I know that he pretty much died. There's so many things that add up to prove that he died.

Rashika (is tired) ϟEvelyn♫ wrote: "Victoria wrote: "ϟEvelyn♫ wrote: "I liked it a lot though it left you with SO many questions at end. That kind of let me down... On the brighter side, it's so interesting. It's mature in some way b..."
read the other books.. u cannot be sure he died :P

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Giver (other topics)