The Readers discussion

Ask... Ali Shaw

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (new)

Simon (savidgereads) | 449 comments Mod
For our 'fairy tale' special 22nd episode I just wanted to let you know that not only do we have the wonderful Eowyn Ivey, who Gav and I interviewed on Sunday and was an utter delight, we will also be recording something special on Friday the 24th with author Ali Shaw, so if you have any questions for him on his work, or fairytales in general then please let me know!

message 2: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ oh wow! i am going to love this episode! i haven't read ali shaw, but The Girl With Glass Feet has been on my TBR list for a while.

i think an interesting question for mr. shaw would be where he finds the inspiration for his stories? are they based on any type of tales from the past? also, does he find this particular setting of a story more magical in that there can be more liberties taken with characters and elements of magic that you couldn't typically find in a regular fiction setting? (i hope that makes sense. in my mind it does).

has shaw read other authors that draw on fairy tales of the past as a means of creative inspiration?

what is it about fairy tales that continues to keep us in awe and wonder?