SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1)
This topic is about Déjà Dead
All Book Discussions > Déjà Dead (No spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new) - added it

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
The discussion thread for our March BoM, Déjà Dead . Please avoid spoilers, or use the spoiler tag to hide them: < spoiler> spoiler>

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith I better get started on this one. Lu and I are planning a joint review.

message 3: by Henri (new)

Henri | 122 comments HMMMM, its 4th on my to read list... so 3 and a half tomes to finish before i will get to this one... paaahhhh.

message 4: by Lauren (Sugar & Snark) (last edited Mar 07, 2012 11:06AM) (new)

Lauren (Sugar & Snark) | 1262 comments Mod
Im only a few pages in but am I the only one who is finding it a little stomach turning?

message 5: by Lu (new) - added it

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
0_o Not at all

message 6: by Henri (new)

Henri | 122 comments Lauren wrote: "Im only a few pages in but am I the only one who is finding it a little stomach turning?"

Sounds fun:

message 7: by Shiran (new)

Shiran | 23 comments I LOVE the TV series Bones but I was never able to get into the books. Though I started with like #5 so maybe this one will get me into it. I've got a lot to read already but let me know how it is I might join you guys in a couple of weeks :)

message 8: by Shiran (new)

Shiran | 23 comments Lauren wrote: "Im only a few pages in but am I the only one who is finding it a little stomach turning?"

That's the best part!

Riana | 397 comments Well I kind off agree with the stomach turning thing, but I expected that much, I generally avoid crime novels because I find it so much more graphic than horror movies (but I do enjoy those!) so i get that other people find it mild. But apart from the usual gruesome crime novel stuff, there are a few things that are not for the sensitive readers :-/

Carolien (carolien_s) | 2150 comments Mod
Just completed Déjà Dead. I recently read some of the later books in the series and found it interesting how her style has matured over time. I still like her ability to explain some of the scientific concepts in simple enough language so that I can understand it and apply it in other contexts.

This has been a perfectly timed read - managed to collect points for 3 challenges in one book!

message 11: by Lu (new) - added it

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Nice Carolien!

I wish I had more time to read the book this month :(

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Kathy Reichs as a writer, and have read 3 of her books, although now I don't bother that much because I find that the stories seem to mostly follow the same pattern - and that gets boring. Find the forensics fascinating though.