Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Whats your fav book by Meyers?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Maddie Desfosses Whats your favorite book by Stephenie Meyers? It doesn't have to be in the Twilight Saga.

Eline The Host for sure.

Maddie Desfosses Eline wrote: "The Host for sure."

I'm going to get that today, whats it about

Eline You can find what it's about here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Host...

I really think it's better then the Twilight-saga.

Sarah Elizabeth Way better than the twilight saga! My favourite is definitly The Host!

brooke1994 New Moon, for sure!

message 7: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle The Host. The story and even the technical writing was much better. Plus, I personally prefer alien-related stories to vampires.

message 8: by Maddie (last edited Feb 25, 2012 10:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maddie Desfosses I think mine so far is Midnight Sun, but I might like The Host better. I just started the Host. And I'm almost finished with Midnight Sun.

Megan My favourite was The Host

Kirby the host

message 11: by QR (new) - rated it 4 stars

QR New Moon

Annabel ♥ Twilight

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. xD I haven't read The Host yet, even though I own a copy.

Darlene Definitely The Host! They're making a movie for it too =)

Kristin Whichever one was the shortest...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

THE HOST!

Merideth THE HOST NO CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tala  The Host. Would be Midnight Sun if it was finished.

Olivia TWILIGHT!!!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

hmmm i would have to say......... breaking dawn...although i feal bad for Jake.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Merideth wrote: "THE HOST NO CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ive never read it is it good?

David Dawson The Host is awesome.

Nicole D. Eclipse and Breaking Dawn are my favorites

kpopfan the Host all the way!! I love the whole alien theme. Love any alien related books like I am number four, Roswell, and soon to read (Obsidian)

message 25: by Nicole D. (last edited Mar 07, 2012 11:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole D. I haven't read The Host and I don't know if I will.I am not big on sci-fi.Sometimes I read it but I love fantasy.

kpopfan Nicole wrote: "I haven't read The Host and I don't know if I will.I am not big on sci-fi.Sometimes I read it but I love fantasy."

The begining of the book is kinda boring but later into it it gets really good! You should atleast give it a chance you'll never know you might like it.

message 27: by Mary frances (new) - added it

Mary frances host is tha best meyer book it is vary well written

message 28: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma The Host... Outstanding read!!! More mature and accessible to more than teens!

message 29: by Mary frances (new) - added it

Mary frances thats why i said it was well written

message 30: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Mary frances wrote: "thats why i said it was well written"

I agree!

message 31: by Mary frances (new) - added it

Mary frances she can be a good aldt writer if she wanted to

Stephanie O'dell The host is hands down the better Meyer book.I am not a big alien fan myself but the alien part fades into the background of the story as the characters and the struggles they endure pulls you into the book.Really it isn't an alien story at all but a true love story that to me equals or even rivals the Twilight series.

Angela Shrum I love all of the the Saga but Eclipse owns me.

I have owned The Host for years and tried reading it twice but couldn't get past the first couple chapters. Plus I kept waiting for Edward to come in. Maybe I'll try again soon.

Lucille The Host. It seems boring at the start, but it gets better after 50 pages or so. To me, at least.

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner would be my second favorite. Tho it's a tragedy.

kpopfan Angela wrote: "I love all of the the Saga but Eclipse owns me.

I have owned The Host for years and tried reading it twice but couldn't get past the first couple chapters. Plus I kept waiting for Edward to come ..."

Lol Edward isnt even in The host..... It has nothing to do with vampires, unless I read your comment wrong.........

Diane Twilight is my favorite.

Did y'all find the host as engaging as twilight? Does it have the same page-turner qualities? What about it did you enjoy?

I wasn't going to read it but y'all made me curious.

Penny The Host is pretty awesome. But, among the Twilight Saga books, Breaking Dawn is the best.

message 38: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Bookfreak wrote: "Angela wrote: "I love all of the the Saga but Eclipse owns me.

I have owned The Host for years and tried reading it twice but couldn't get past the first couple chapters. Plus I kept waiting for ..."

I read it as a joke - she was hoping to read about one of her favorite characters from Twilight but alas, he was not in that book.

message 39: by Kath (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kath Definitely The Host. Gives you something to think deeply about.

JazzyCat Twilight- crazy I know. I haven't read the host, and I liked twilight because it wasn't all sexed-up. it was just love between edward and bella, before it got messy and jacob was involved, even tho I'm team jacob, if I had to pick a team.

Stephanie O'dell I'm not sure how everyone is voting on Twilight while saying they havn't read The Host.This topic isn't on which Twilight book you like the most it is which Stephenie Meyer Book you think is the best and if you havn't read all her books then you cant really make an accurate judgement.

message 42: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I did read the host and really liked it, but I still think I like Twilight best. It was the book that drew me into the series and got me hooked. I'm not a big sci-fi fan, but I didn't entirely feel like I was reading a sci-fi book with the host. If I were to rate the quality of her writing alone, then maybe my vote would be for the host since its structure is more mature.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

animaldisneyreaderfan4lyfe7 wrote: "New Moon, for sure!"

YES!

kpopfan Diane *Ahnnihilate* wrote: "Twilight is my favorite.

Did y'all find the host as engaging as twilight? Does it have the same page-turner qualities? What about it did you enjoy?

I wasn't going to read it but y'all made me cur..."

You should, it has nothing to do with vamps, its about aliens trust me its really good the first pages is boring but later it get soooo good!!

kpopfan Amy wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Angela wrote: "I love all of the the Saga but Eclipse owns me.

I have owned The Host for years and tried reading it twice but couldn't get past the first couple chapters. Plus..."

Ooooooh ok then.

Feenix O'Dell The Host for sure.

Jessi I like Eclipse.... ;) But Midnight Sun if it was out. Haven't read The Host tho...

message 48: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee When I first read the Twilight books I was absolutely in love with them, but after thinking about it I believe The Host is definitely better than the Twilight books. The writing was better in my opinion, along with the plot. Also I really liked the supporting characters in The Host, more than the Twilight series. I still love those books, and they are one of my favorite book series, but The Host was better.

Madii the host :D
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane Stephanie wrote: "I'm not sure how everyone is voting on Twilight while saying they havn't read The Host.This topic isn't on which Twilight book you like the most it is which Stephenie Meyer Book you think is the be..."
Since favorites are a matter of taste and not everyone is interested in all her books, they can still probably answer the question without reading everything she wrote.

Bookfreak wrote: "Diane *Ahnnihilate* wrote: "Twilight is my favorite.

I wasn't going ..."

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try. :)

« previous 1