Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Sales Tips > Kindle ebook sales

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Skillman (sheilarobinson1) | 2 comments Please could anyone tell me: How do I find out how many ebooks I have sold? On my Amazon Kindle page I can only find the Amazon bestsellers rank. However there are a number of bloggers who seem to know their sales figures. Where can I find this on Kindle Publishing Direct? Thank you very much!

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane Castle (dianecastle) | 23 comments If you uploaded to Kindle yourself, you would go to kdp.amazon.com, sign in, and click on "Reports." :)

message 3: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Skillman (sheilarobinson1) | 2 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane Castle (dianecastle) | 23 comments You bet!

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) If you go into Reports under Amazon KDP and look up your sales there should be several ways listed for you to do so.

message 6: by Paul (new)

Paul West (pauwwest) | 14 comments I get it that this must only work for books published by Amazon or KDP. What about those of us who have published under a traditional publisher? Where can we see our sales figures?

message 7: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) I would assume you ask your publisher for a sales report or look on their website to see if they have a similar setup.

message 8: by Paul (new)

Paul West (pauwwest) | 14 comments I've looked, even asked the publisher, but it seems they don't have those figures either.

message 9: by M.T. (new)

M.T. O'Neil | 4 comments I think there may be a delay for when your traditional publisher will have the info. I sometimes publish through Smashwords.com, and they have indicated that it can be a few weeks before they got the updates from Barnes & Noble.

message 10: by Paul (new)

Paul West (pauwwest) | 14 comments Interesting. My publisher did say I could find out how my book is doing when I get my royalty check and statement. I just don't want to wait that long. I need to know if my marketing efforts are working, or do I need to try something else.

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelduggin) | 1 comments SC wrote: "Please could anyone tell me: How do I find out how many ebooks I have sold? On my Amazon Kindle page I can only find the Amazon bestsellers rank. However there are a number of bloggers who seem to ..."

Within your https://kdp.amazon.com/reports dashboard click on Prior Months' Royalties to see all of the available prior months reports.
One thing I've noticed is that the reports have changed several times since 2012. The column headers have variations which make it slightly more difficult to compile your sales data into a single spreadsheet.
To compile them into one file without having to open every single spreadsheet to copy and paste the data I import it using an Excel add-in called Power Query. It's more advanced but I'm able to import an entire folder of KDP reports in a few steps.
If anyone would like to learn how to do that feel free to message me. From 2012 through 2016 there are 60 separate KDP reports in Excel to compile, and currently Amazon does not provide a way to export it as single report.

message 12: by Paul (new)

Paul West (paulwwest) | 12 comments Thanks Michael, but this site doesn't tell me anything. Am I looking at the wrong things?