Warriors Lovers! discussion

Favorite Characters > the Three- ** Long Shadows spoilers!* *

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (fireheart223) | 26 comments So, at the end of Long Shadows, Squirrelflight reveals that indeed, she is not the mother of the Three! And even though she won't say who is, I think its obvious...

message 2: by Anoleflash (new)

Anoleflash | 4545 comments SHE KILLED ASHFUR AND MADE IT LOOK LIKE HE DROWEND!! IT WOULD'VE RUINED THE CLAN!!!! I HATE ASHFUR!!! THAT LITTLE PIECE OF FOX DUNG! I HATE HIM!!! AUGH!!!!!! HOW DARE HE TRY TO KILL FIRESTAR!!!!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (fireheart223) | 26 comments Yes, it probably was Squirrelflight who killed him. I knew it had to be Ashfur who had led Firestar into the trap, but I guessed his intentions wrong. I thought that he wanted to make it look like Brambleclaw was trying to kill Firestar and that Ashfur was there to save him and look like a hero while Brambleclaw would be banished from the Clan. I was shocked that he was so hateful that he'd want to see his Clan leader dead, even if he really did want to punish Squirrelflight that much. But either way, I'm not sorry that he's dead now.

message 4: by Anoleflash (new)

Anoleflash | 4545 comments Same. I agree.

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) I KNOW WHO THE MOM IS AND I HAVE A PRETTY GOOD IDEA OF THE DAD
i think the mom is leafpool (actually I'm like 100000000% sure cause she is the only other kin and i think the dad is crowfeather because of hollyleaf's black pelt!!!

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) and i'm not sure on who killed Ashfur but ive never really liked him. ever since the first series. if i had to pick between two cats that killed him i would say squirrelflight or the dad (crowfeather!!!)

message 7: by PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (last edited Dec 11, 2008 07:06PM) (new)

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) also SUNRISE DOES NOT COME OUT UNTILL MAY 9TH 2009!!!!!! AND THE NEXT SEEKERS DOESN'T COME OUT UNTILL FEB. 09!!! I AM SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD!!!!!!

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (fireheart223) | 26 comments Yep, the Three are definitely Leafpool and Crowfeather's, if you've picked up on the little clues that have been popping up ever since Leafpool and Crowfeather ran away together, they've always pointed to the two of them being their parents.

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) my mother thinks that the dad is either sol, ashfur, littlecloud or some other strang cat. she doesn't think it would be that simple. And she is trying to say that they are some how related to hawkfrost or tigerstar!

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (fireheart223) | 26 comments If Leafpool is the mother, which she has to be, then the only one who would be the father would be Crowfeather. Which means the Three have a half-brother in WindClan...

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) Poor breezpaw. his 'siblings' hate him so much. *as do i*

message 12: by Leafpool (new)

Leafpool | 2 comments Here's what i think: yes, Leafpool and Crowfeather are the parents of Jayfeather, Hollyleaf and Lionblaze, since they have been giving out clues for a long time in the books. Either Squirrelflight or Brambleclaw killed Ashfur. Breezepaw will be the fourth apprentice since he is the Three's half brother. Again, this is only my opinion. And also, Sunrise comes out April 21st, 2009, and I am dying to read it!!

message 13: by Benancio (new)

Benancio (firestar4) | 16 comments Also in Long Shadows she said to Spiderleg that is better be the parent then just be their mentor when Spiderleg and Daisy were arguing. That is another hint I think hunter dropped that she was the mother. im upset she left us hanging even though we can guess some of sunset

message 14: by Leafpool (last edited Jan 05, 2009 11:38AM) (new)

Leafpool | 2 comments Whenever Leafpool was talking to Jayfeather(kit at the time) about how they weren't born in the hollow, she always said 'your mother', but never said 'Squirrelflight' directly. It might be just exagerating, but isn't that kind of a clue too?

message 15: by Allie, You make me happy whether you know it or not (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 13023 comments Mod
possibly.

message 16: by === (new)

=== ...
PLEASE LET IT BE LEAFPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

message 17: by maddie (last edited Jan 29, 2009 08:16AM) (new)

maddie (marleyme) | 121 comments but...brambleclaw couldn't have killed ashfur, he didn't know that they weren't his kits, and he still dosent knkow! so, it's pretty much an absolute derr that squirrelflight killed ashfur!!! but...how could leafpool be the mother? cats would've noticed that she was getting bigger and bigger...and it would've said it in the book too...it makes absolutely no sense about who the mama is...

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) squirrelflight killed ashfur or tigerstar came back like he does with lionblaze and killed him or he really did just drown and maybe cut his throat *probly not though* OR! crowfeather somehow found out and killed him! or it was sol.

message 19: by Allie, You make me happy whether you know it or not (new)

In Sunrise it mentions something like Brambleclaw noticed she looked 'plump'. and yellowfang hid it 2 sooo yeah. and i think it was squirrelflight, tho crowfeather and sol are two other definate options.

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) noticed who looked 'plump'.

message 21: by Allie, You make me happy whether you know it or not (new)

leafpool

message 22: by Annie/Soul, Soul sayz "Ignore my creator; she’s delusional.” (new)

Annie/Soul | 8852 comments Mod
Duh. It's Leafpool.

Listen, I found this on the internet, a bunch of kids created it. Erin Hunter hadn't done anything, but it's worth reading!

message 23: by Annie/Soul, Soul sayz "Ignore my creator; she’s delusional.” (new)

Takes place right after We Need to Talk

Leafpool couldn’t believe it. Crowfeather was the father of Nightcloud’s kits! How could he do something like this? Leafpool was far from getting over the smoky-gray tom, and he was already expecting kits? It wasn’t just the fact that Crowfeather had found someone else so quickly, but the fact that he had refused to speak to her. And when she had such important news to tell him! Little did Crowfeather know, he wasn’t just the father of Nightcloud’s kits, but to the kits of Leafpool, also.

“How could he do this to me?” Leafpool wondered aloud as she padded back to the hollow alone. She knew that as a medicine cat, she was forbidden to fall in love and, most importantly, to mother kits. This was all too fresh in her mind. The way her Clanmates glared at her reminded her constantly. They would never understand the feelings the two cats had for each other—or at least, used to have, in Crowfeather’s case. But Leafpool thought that no matter what happened, Crowfeather would understand and be willing to help her. The recent encounter proved that she was mistaken.

Leafpool trembled at the thought of what her Clanmates would do to her if they ever found out she was bearing kits—Crowfeather’s kits. She thought of the disapproving glare of her father, Firestar; the clouded look of her mother, Sandstorm; and the yowls of her Clan. Leafpool longed for it all just to be a dream. For her to just jerk awake and find herself safe in her den. She shook her head in a desperate attempt to wake up, but no matter how hard she tried, she still remained sitting outside the ThunderClan camp with the same dilemma.

After sitting there for few moments more, Leafpool decided that she must look pretty stupid just sitting there all alone, so she made her way through the thorn entrance. She looked around at the cats of ThunderClan; the cats that she would risk her life to protect; the cats that may soon be running her off their territory. Leafpool’s legs shook with anxiety. More than anything, she wanted to yowl at the top of her lungs, confessing her secret to the world—but with every cat in ThunderClan there to bare witness, that option was out.

Leafpool padded toward the medicine den. Luckily, there were no cats in need of her attention; she was in no mood to care for any cat at the moment. She collapsed onto her moss nest and began to weep silently. So wrapped up in her own troubles, Leafpool didn’t hear the pawsteps padding into the den.

“Hey Leafpool.” The tabby she-cat jumped at the sound of her sister’s voice. Turning to face her, she saw the ginger she-cat coming into the den, a vole dangling from her jaws. “I thought you might be hungry,” she said, dropping the fresh-kill at Leafpool’s paws.

“Thanks,” Leafpool murmured and began to nibble at the vole.
Squirrelflight sat watching her sister eat for a moment before deciding to break the silence. “Heard you met up with Crowfeather today,” she mewed softly.
Leafpool forced a mouthful of vole down her throat. Had the news already spread though the clan? “Yeah,” she forced out.
“What did he do?”

message 24: by Annie/Soul, Soul sayz "Ignore my creator; she’s delusional.” (new)

Leafpool felt her fur bristle with irritation. “Was he supposed to do something?” she hissed. She hated how everyone couldn’t get over the fact that they were together. It was like they expected her to run off with him again at any moment. Leafpool’s heart sank when she realized that was what she really longed to do.

Squirrelflight ran her tail over her sister’s flank. “No,” she meowed sympathetically. “I just know how upset you were when you had to leave him.” Leafpool suddenly felt guilty for snapping at her sister. She knew how much her sister had struggled when she and Brambleclaw had quarreled a few moons ago. But she had found comfort in Ashfur, Leafpool had no one; except, maybe, her sister.

Leafpool swallowed as she prepared to confide in her sister. “S-Squirrelflight?” she stammered.
“Yeah?”
“I have to tell you something.” Squirrelflight sat there, waiting for her sister’s secret to spill out. “Umm…I-I’m going to have kits.” Leafpool closed her eyes, waiting for an explosion, but Squirrelflight remained calm, her green eyes fixed on Leafpool.
“I had a feeling it was something like that,” she mewed finally. “You’ve been acting more anxious than a RiverClan cat on a moor.”
Relieved, Leafpool sat up and touched her muzzle to Squirrelflight’s. “Will you help me?” she pleaded. Squirrelflight nodded, and began to give the medicine cat comforting licks as they plotted what they were to do.

Leafpool padded to the nursery, borage leaves clamped in her jaws along with a package of poppy seeds hidden within the borage. For the past few moons, Squirrelflight had remained in the nursery, pretending to be bearing kits. Leafpool knew all too well that staying in camp drove her sister absolutely insane. She couldn’t thank Squirrelflight enough for staging pregnancy for her.
“Here you go; eat these up,” she mewed to her anxious sister.
“Why do I have to eat them?” Squirrelflight hissed quietly. “It’s not like it’s going to make me have milk.”
“I know, but we have to make it look like you really are going to have them.”
Reluctantly, Squirrelflight chewed the bitter leaves. Leafpool’s heart pounded. It would be any day now when she would give birth to the forbidden kits. She figured that there were three of them, and although she wouldn’t be able to keep them, Leafpool felt a feeling of affection toward the unborn cats.

Leafpool’s breath began to grow faster. “Squirrelflight…” she breathed. The pelt of her sister began to stir. She had decided to stay in the medicine den with Leafpool in case she began to give birth to the kits; and her efforts had not been wasted.
“Leafpool?” she whispered.
“It’s time!” Squirrelflight pulled her sister to her paws, and grabbed the herbs Leafpool had laid out. Slowly they made their way to the abandoned badger set, and Leafpool dropped to the ground, panting faster than ever.

Seconds turned to minutes; minutes turned to hours. Leafpool lay on the floor of the badger set, wailing in agony. Please StarClan! Just get these little scraps out of me! She couldn’t remember any other queen having this much trouble having kits. Are you punishing me?

Time passed slowly, and Leafpool wondered if it would ever end. Then finally, one by one, three little bundles lay sprawled on the ground. Leafpool looked at them affectionately, all pain that they had caused her forgotten. Squirrelflight picked each up and laid them beside their mother to begin suckling the warm milk. “They’re beautiful,” she mewed.
“Yes,” Leafpool purred, “just about the most beautiful thing in the world.” They remained there until sundown, letting the kits fill up on milk and allow Leafpool to regain her strength. Squirrelflight caught a black bird for herself and a plump vole for her sister.
“What are you going to name them?” Squirrelflight asked after Leafpool swallowed the last of her fresh-kill.
“I thought you would name them. I mean, they are—your kits now.” Leafpool forced the last few words out. Although they had agreed that Squirrelflight would take over as the kittens’ mother, Leafpool still felt too attached to them to think of them never knowing their real mother.
Squirrelflight ran her tongue over Leafpool’s ear. “No, Leafpool,” she purred. “They will always be your kits; I’ll just be the one looking over them when you can’t.”
Leafpool looked up at her sister. She wanted nothing more than to throw her paws around her and begin licking her repeatedly, but she did her best to contain herself. “Thank you, sister,” was all she could choke out. She gazed at the three tiny scraps. “Lionkit; that will be the name of the golden tabby.” Squirrelflight nodded with approval. Leafpool looked at the black she-kit. “She’ll be named Hollykit.” Then she glanced at the gray tabby tom. There was something about him; a certain destiny that he would face. “Jaykit,” she purred. “He will be called Jaykit.”
Squirrelflight nodded. “They are going to make ThunderClan proud.”
“Yes,” she mewed, still staring at the gray tom. I don’t know what you are destined to face, my precious Jaykit, but I promise, I will make sure that you will do it the best way you can.
When the sun sat low in the sky, the two she-cats made their way back to the hollow, the kits dangling from their jaws. As soon as they padded through the entrance Brambleclaw’s head shot up. “Squirrelflight? Kits?” he meowed. “It-it’s our kits!” He scampered over to his mate. “Oh Squirrelflight!” he purred. “They’re beautiful!”
Not wanting to be a part of Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight’s excitement, Leafpool tried to get out of the middle. “She needs to lie down,” she mewed stiffly.
“Yes, yes, of course!” Brambleclaw meowed. They padded to the nursery. Leafpool had surrendered Hollykit to Brambleclaw, leaving only Jaykit hanging from her jaws. Once she had her sister settled, she retreated to her own den and began to weep quietly once again.

A few weeks passed since the three kits were born, and it was time that they opened their eyes. Leafpool had been forced to stay away from the nursery because it was always filled with Squirrelflight’s family members admiring the new kittens. Since Squirrelflight’s milk never came, Ferncloud offered to feed them. Leafpool was very grateful but she only wished that she could be the one the little bundles were suckling from.

“Leafpool!” Brambleclaw’s voice echoed into the medicine den.
“Yes?”
Brambleclaw’s eyes shone with worry. “It’s Jaykit.” Leafpool’s heart almost stopped completely.
“W-what’s the matter?”
“Squirrelflight thinks he can’t see.” Leafpool sprinted to the nursery to find Squirrelflight on the verge of tears, crouched over Jaykit.
“Leafpool,” Squirrelflight choked, “he’s blind.”

message 25: by Allie, You make me happy whether you know it or not (new)

wow. that is really good.

message 26: by Silver (new)

Silver ... are they really Leafpool's kits? I mean, in the books?

message 27: by Annie/Soul, Soul sayz "Ignore my creator; she’s delusional.” (last edited Mar 10, 2009 05:30PM) (new)

Duh. XD

NO OFFENSE PLEASE!! MEH SORRY!!! *cowers to the ground*

message 28: by Silver (new)

Silver Okay, I didn't finish them...

Claudia the Night Owl (claudiamancilla) I still haven't read book five or six i can't wait till i do sounds really good

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie I loved Long Shadows!

message 31: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 2399 comments me too, but sunrise was better.

message 32: by Katie (new)

Katie I loved Power of Three. Especially books 4-6. Elcipse's cover was great! I also loved Outcast's. It looked very professional.

message 33: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 2399 comments Outcast was kinda stupid in my opinion. one major quest was enough.

message 34: by Katie (new)

Katie It wasn't the best.

message 35: by Sephiroth (new)

Sephiroth (Cinderbolt) | 2399 comments yeah. i'm starting to hate the entire idea of cats going on quests...>_<

message 36: by Katie (new)

Katie Hehe. I believe unrelateed quests kinda distracts the series a bit.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Anoleflash wrote: "SHE KILLED ASHFUR AND MADE IT LOOK LIKE HE DROWEND!! IT WOULD'VE RUINED THE CLAN!!!! I HATE ASHFUR!!! THAT LITTLE PIECE OF FOX DUNG! I HATE HIM!!! AUGH!!!!!! HOW DARE HE TRY TO KILL FIRESTAR!!!!"

LOL!