Sons of Avalon discussion

Arthur's Tale > The Nag Team

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 194 comments Mod
If you have read Sons of Avalon: Merlin's Prophecy and wonder when the second book in the series will be released, please join the SOA2_Nag-Team.

The second book is in the final stages of completion, and I am encouraging anyone who wishes to read the sequel, to please give me some gentle nagging and downright butt-kicking, to finish the second story in the Sons of Avalon series.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (SndCastie) | 9 comments Can't wait lady for it to come out.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Hey Sandy,

Good to see you, I was getting lonely :]

Thanks so much for joining the Nag-team, You can be the captain! WhOOoo woo. I will even supply the big butt-kicking boots hehe

message 4: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Hawkins (lilyhawk) | 30 comments Just remember...you ASKED for it! ;-)

message 5: by Dee (new)

Hey Now! Just a quickie Q. How come you guys all come out of the woodwork when I mention the word "butt-kicking"???? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? hehe

Thanks Lillian, you have always been my #1 Nag!

And I love you for it :]

Huge Hugs,
Dee Marie

message 6: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Hawkins (lilyhawk) | 30 comments LOL! That is kind of funny. Can't resist a good butt kicking...especially when it's not my own that's getting kicked!

Glad to be of service. You can count on me!

Hope you both have a lovely weekend,
Lillian

message 7: by Dee (new)

I am going shopping for leather pants for myself...and gifting all of you some bunny slippers.

message 8: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Hawkins (lilyhawk) | 30 comments YEAH!! I LOVE bunny slippers.

Leather pants, huh?! Oh...your hubby better look out. Leather pants can lead to all kinds of delightful mischief!

message 9: by Dee (new)

Bunny slippers on leather pants shouldn't be too bad :[

Gets busy writing, writing...hehe

message 10: by Dee (new)

OK, how about the first three chapters ready to read by the end of next week?

Geez, I don't know if I can do that Aaaaaaaaahh

message 11: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Hawkins (lilyhawk) | 30 comments Ha, so who's the slave-driver now?!

Make it a nice even two chapters and you should be in good shape...as long as you have two more done the following week!

You can DO IT!

message 12: by Dee (new)

O-Tay Your Royal (whoops have to open spell check) Highness :]

I am but your humble servant. 2 completed chapters by two weeks from now ;]

message 13: by Nick C (new)

Nick C | 11 comments Groovy! An official nagging thread! Me likes!

message 14: by Dee (new)

YOU would
<---looking very afraid now...you all know where I live. Ye Gads!

Hey at least it is nice to have my editors kicking my butt, my work just means more work to you

Looks around sheepishly for Gyda and Paula to show up...no way out now :]

message 15: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Hawkins (lilyhawk) | 30 comments Woohoo, this is turning into quite the party!!

Leather pants, bunny slippers, butt kicking boots, slave-drivers...

Hey, what a minute....kind of party IS THIS?! 8-]

(LOL! Couldn't resist. I am the "Mistress of Creative Mischief" for a reason ;-)

message 16: by Dee (new)

Booo!

message 17: by Dee (new)

Hey you are up late
I still can't believe that no one comes around for weeks, until I mention butt-kicking :p

message 18: by Nick C (new)

Nick C | 11 comments Well...frustrated with work, we can't resist a good "butt-kicking" opportunity :)

message 19: by Nick C (new)

Nick C | 11 comments And yes, I too wondered about the direction of this thread, with items such as bunny slippers, butt-kicking boots, and leather pants...naughty-naughty :)

message 20: by Dee (new)

Hey there

message 21: by Dee (new)

Hey at least it was loin-less :]

message 22: by Dee (last edited Dec 06, 2008 10:06PM) (new)

It was Lillian who is being bad...not me :]

Geez, I just got back from a Christmas [corrected:] party. I was the Designated Driver, so I drank a POT of coffee, Now I am WiRed aaaaaaaaaaaah. As soon as my fingers stop being jittery I will put the finishing touches on the review I owe you :]

If I worked on it now, it would come out akdj;asfji[qhvb

message 23: by Nick C (new)

Nick C | 11 comments Yeah, or you might spell "Chirstmas" again ;)
Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Hope it was an excellent party!

message 24: by Dee (new)

BRAT...hey now, that is why U B da Editor.
And to think, I taught you well :p

message 25: by Dee (new)

Oh, did I tell you, that the local paper picked up the Twilight review? Woo Whoo, double dipping is fun :]

message 26: by Dee (new)

Sold two books tonight at the C H R I S T M A S party :]

message 27: by Nick C (new)

Nick C | 11 comments Of course, it might work perfectly well if you were speaking of Christmas with, say, a West-Virginian type accent :)

In fact, you could probably say: "Dat dar was a great Chirstmas party, by God" :)

(I can say this, because I had relatives there...and some good stories of many vists).

It must be late...I'm getting goofy, lol

message 28: by Dee (new)

<--is waaaaaaaaaah past goofy. My fingers are getting less jittery...I CAN TYPE again :]

message 29: by Dee (new)

Back to the book...I am having trouble with the first part. I want to start it with Merlin waiting on the cliff overlooking Tintagel. Waiting for Arthur's birth. I just can't decide if I want to flash forward right away, or let the story unfold a bit. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

message 30: by Nick C (new)

Nick C | 11 comments Hmmm...that's weird...two of your previous comments didn't show up till now..

Fantastic on the Twilight review in the paper!!!
And also on the book sales! Way to go!

I like the sound of the start with Merlin, even if it is a flash forward. I think it would work really well.

message 31: by Dee (last edited Dec 06, 2008 11:03PM) (new)

I thought it would match the first book.
Just undecided as to how much of Arthur's birth to put into the second book.

It is funny, cause the second book is almost finished, but I am still angst-ing over the start of this one.

I have re-written the start about 10 times.

Bad boy Lot keeps talking over the action. Perhaps that means his story is not finished yet?

message 32: by Dee (new)

Did you get the soundtrack for Twilight. Ahhh, it is soo easy to get off track :]

message 33: by Dee (new)

Looks around. Yeah, no one is here, no one with boots or bunny slippers. Does a little dance, sits in a big comfy chair and snoozes for a bit.

message 34: by Nick C (new)

Nick C | 11 comments He enters the room, trying to be discreet, but failing miserably as his butt-kicking boots make an awful sound on the hardwood floor. Luckily, though, the owner of the bunny slippers is deep in slumber...dreaming of distant lands and familiar folk, whose existence should be scrawled on the blank pages atop the cluttered desk in this room.

Coming closer to the big comfy chair, he plants his right boot forcefully onto one of the chair's arms.
As the bunny-slippered dreamer awakes with a start, he asks "What was it you were saying about Merlin?"

message 35: by Dee (new)

Gulp...

What a nightmare...gets back to writing, writing, writing. Whew, I those were some Big, Scary Boots!

message 36: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Hawkins (lilyhawk) | 30 comments Laughs wickedly! So, you bunny-slippered writting wench, you thought you could sleep on the job?!

Not with this butt-kicking crew around!
(Thank you Nick for taking the night watch ;-)

We are watching you Ms. Dee. We are always watching!

message 37: by Dee (new)

Geez...why do I keep hearing voices say, "Be Afraid, Very Afraid." hehe

OH, by the way, thanks for posting my Loreena review on your side.

All teasing aside, I appreciate everyone's boots (although I like the slippers better).

Dee Marie

message 38: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Hawkins (lilyhawk) | 30 comments You hear those voices, too?! (LOL~Just kidding ;-)

My pleasure! Thank you for writing such a beautiful review. You have such a lovely way with words!

Yeah, the slippers ARE more snuggly.
But, the boots will keep you going.

message 39: by Dee (new)

Yeah, but da Boots HURT :]

message 40: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Hawkins (lilyhawk) | 30 comments Hmmm...maybe we could put bunny slippers over the top of the boots ;-)

message 41: by Dee (new)

Real cute :P

message 42: by Nick C (new)

Nick C | 11 comments LMAO...

Anywho...I really, really like the idea of the start with Merlin...my two pesos

message 43: by Dee (new)

{takes the two pesos and dreams of sitting on a beach in Mexico}

OK, here is another something to munch on...How much of Arthur's youth should be in the second book? I tend to want to skip over most of Arthur's childhood and get right to his pulling of the sword.

message 44: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Hawkins (lilyhawk) | 30 comments I would like to see as much of Merlin's and Arthur's childhood and youth included as possible. I haven't read a whole lot (with the exception of your first book) about either.

I say explore the youth, as those are the formative years.

My two cents from the bunny-slippered, booted one ;-)

message 45: by Dee (new)

Thanks for your input Lillian,

Lot keeps wanting me to tell his story...and you know how I have such a soft spot for Lot. Hard to tell him no, so I let him rant during my first draft of the second book.

Although in the next draft, I cut most of his scenes. That was when he got way cocky with me and killed the...

He is such a bad boy. I actually saw him give me a side-ways shit-eater grin when he orchestrated the plan for the kill.

message 46: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Hawkins (lilyhawk) | 30 comments Lot killed the...what?! Inquiring minds want to know!

You really have to include Lot's plot and his scenes, or else he won't leave you alone and who know what else he might do! (Although it might be interesting to see what kind of mischief he comes up with ;-)

message 47: by Dee (new)

I think I will eventually do a book from Lot's viewpoint :]

And I cannot tell you what/who Lot killed. But I can tell you that it was very shocking, and it is going to piss Merlin off! bIg Time...

Oh, and I finally found out who Merlin's birth father was :]

message 48: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Hawkins (lilyhawk) | 30 comments Oh, you are SUCH a tease ;-)

message 49: by Dee (new)

Not I! 'Tis Merlin :]

Actually, it was Merlin's mother. When she told me, I asked her why she didn't let me know before the first book was published. She, like Merlin, just smiled with her twisted little "you didn't ask me" half-smile. Sometimes those two can be so smug.

Not like Lot. He comes right out and demands that his story be told.

message 50: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Hawkins (lilyhawk) | 30 comments Oh...this is going to be good!!

« previous 1 3