Coraline Coraline discussion

HOW DID CORALINE DO IT?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jen could you have done what she did? what are your thoughts about how she solved the mystery?

message 2: by Meh (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meh Seemed pretty obvious to me. Then again, I'm a little older than Coraline was. But this ostensibly kid's book is one of the creepiest books I've ever read. In a good way. It was scary without just being gross, which is a big deal nowadays.

Jen yah it was a cool book. U should join the ranom club. It's a group.

Janepage I want to be brave like Coraline! I'm older then she was and I don't think I could have done what she did!

message 5: by Caleb (last edited Apr 24, 2011 11:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Caleb Blake But this ostensibly kid's book is one of the creepiest books I've ever read. In a good way. It was scary without j..."

I absolutely agree with this.

The book is a masterpiece of creep. I watched the movie much later but although it was entertaining it really didn't get the same mood.

I recommend Coraline all the time - to anyone who'll listen.

My sister bought additional copies of Coraline and Stardust and got Neil Gaiman himself to sign them so that she could give them to me as a present. She knows they're my favourite Gaiman stories.

Edit: This was a really old discussion. Just popped up on my update screen for some reason and I couldn't resist commenting.

Sophia You have an awsome sister.

Lena It's hard to find creepy without gore. I'm always impressed when I do.

Assikatsum Coraline would have been quite lost without the stone she received from Misses Spink&Forcible.

""By the by" it [the cat]said. "It was sensible of you to bring protection. I'd hang on to it, if I were you"."

""I'm going now", said Coraline. She put her hands in her pockets. Her fingers closed around the stone with the hole in it. Her other mother's hand scuttled off Coraline's shoulder like a frightened spider."

The stone protected her, and allowed her to find the three souls (without it she wouldn't have had a chance, really - very brave of Coraline to search for the souls when she didn't yet know what size or shape they were, or that the stone would be of help to her).

This story has some great moral lessons as well. For example, Coraline realizes, that a world where you get everything you want always without any effort, and where everything is always perfect, isn't fun in the end - so she doesn't want to stay there.

One of my favourite stories :)

Amanda i didnt know neil gaiman wrote stardust. he is a good writer. i have both coraline and stardust. love it!

message 10: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia Stein Janepage wrote: "I want to be brave like Coraline! I'm older then she was and I don't think I could have done what she did!"

That was a creepy book i would be really scared if i were her

Angie I wouldn't have solved it like her.

Thanks to Coraline, I understood what does being brave and courage really mean.

Michael She's got a much calmer mind than I had... or have.

Angie She has courage and dares to enter to the unknown. I wouldn't have done it because I am a coward and I wouldn't have adventured on entering to the door on first place.

Jamie Angie wrote: "I wouldn't have solved it like her.

Thanks to Coraline, I understood what does being brave and courage really mean."

HOLLA BACK . ;D

Jamie Also, I don't really understand how her feelings were. At times she was angry, then scared, then the bravest young girl I've met. When I read this, I was a little younger than Coraline. And I like the way this book was creepy, but not in a terrifying way. It's like, it's not gross, it's just creepy that sends spine bending chills.

HURRAH! Unbalance Bean Mr. Wiggles My friend just sent me a Coraline book mark. Isabelle your the best!

HURRAH! Unbalance Bean Mr. Wiggles I love this book! Read it 4 times and I'm gonna read it again

message 18: by Kh (new) - rated it 1 star

Kh it was ok... read it with my family