You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Discussion Topic > Bookmark Exchange

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments If you are interested in participating in a bookmark exchange, please sign up below...

The idea is that we make a bookmark for each person who wants to participate. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just that it's something you make.

Sign your bookmarks so we know who made them.

Mail all of them to me and include self addressed return envelope along with some money (probably $5.00) for return postage. If you live in Canada, you can affix stamps on the envelope.

I'll leave sign up open till Feb 29th and then we can discuss a deadline for them to be completed and sent.

Any questions, or have I missed anything?

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments I will PM participants with my mailing address.

message 3: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments Judy wrote: "Janice how do we know how much postage to have on our SASE?"

That's a toughy. First, unless you are in Canada, do not send a SASE envelope because your postage won't be recognized in Canada when I try to mail it back. Just send a SA envelope and include some money in the package. I'll purchase Canadian postage with it when I send out the bookmarks.

Last November, I mailed a package from Vegas to Ohio - it was likely about the same weight and size and it cost me $4.50. If in doubt, have your package weighed at the post office and include that amount in the package.

Does that make sense?

message 4: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments I'm in :)

message 5: by Snoozie Suzie (new)

Snoozie Suzie (snooziesuzie) | 937 comments I'm in. Would it be easier if I sent a cheque?

message 6: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments Snoozie Suzie wrote: "I'm in. Would it be easier if I sent a cheque?"

A money order in Canadian funds would be better than a cheque. But, I'll happily take US cash, since I'm going on a US Disney Cruise in July. Teehee!

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments Janice wrote: "Snoozie Suzie wrote: "I'm in. Would it be easier if I sent a cheque?"

A money order in Canadian funds would be better than a cheque. But, I'll happily take US cash, since I'm going on a US Disn..."

LUCKY! :)

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Count me in : )

message 9: by Robin (Saturndoo) (last edited Feb 26, 2012 01:03AM) (new)

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) But I have one problem....I can't sign my bookmarkers lol Can I affix a tag that can easily be removed if the recipient so chooses?

I would also like to know everyone's favorite with a second choice of color in case I don't have the favorite color : )

message 10: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments Robin wrote: "But I have one problem....I can't sign my bookmarkers lol Can I affix a tag that can easily be removed if the recipient so chooses?

I would also like to know everyone's favorite with a second ch..."

I would leave the tag on. You know how some bookmarks have ribbons or charms that hang down?

message 11: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments I also need to know everyone's favourite colours, I need at least 3 colours from each person.

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) My favorite colors are Purple(all shades), Yellow, Aqua. I also like black and white : ) Hope that helps : )

message 13: by Snoozie Suzie (new)

Snoozie Suzie (snooziesuzie) | 937 comments Yellow is my favourite. Other than that um, purple and um pink. I don't know other than yellow.

In return you are all getting what you are given. Sorry, but it depends what wool I have.

message 14: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments I just love colours - doesn't matter what. I like to be surprised. :)

message 15: by Robin (Saturndoo) (last edited Feb 28, 2012 07:12PM) (new)

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) I am going to start getting my thread and hooks out and ready. I also need to find a pattern as I have a ton of them unless you all want the fan pattern. Which is the photo below. So far I have everyone covered with colors : ) Judy you are in luck lol I don't have camouflage in thread in those colors (I only have it in regular yarn) but I do have some very nice varigated in other colors lol

fan bookmarker

message 16: by Kimberly (last edited Feb 28, 2012 08:32PM) (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments I forgot to post my favourite colours!
Mine are green All except olive and cammo shades(neon is awesome if anyone has neon), yellow, and purple no pink or blue.

message 17: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments Here are the participants so far:

Janice (all colours)
Judy (all colours except neon)
Kimberly
Snoozie Suzie (yellow, purple, pink)
Robin (purple, yellow, aqua)

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Judy wrote: "Are there four participants (beside myself)? Just trying to get an idea of how many I need to make."

You may want to check with Kat as I think she posted in the other thread that she may like to join. But other than that yeah I think you are right : )

message 19: by Alison (new)

Alison Forde | 269 comments Robin wrote: "I am going to start getting my thread and hooks out and ready. I also need to find a pattern as I have a ton of them unless you all want the fan pattern. Which is the photo below. So far I have eve..."

Your crocheting is beautiful. Would make lovely bracelet also.

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Thanks Alison!!! Never thought about it but yes it would...may have to comtemplate that one and figure out how to do that LOL

message 21: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Sorry lovies, I haven't even STARTED making anything. Don't wait for me - Christmas might come sooner ;)

message 22: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments I haven't started anything yet either. We can set the due date at a reasonable time too.

message 23: by Snoozie Suzie (new)

Snoozie Suzie (snooziesuzie) | 937 comments I've started, just experimenting mind. First bookmark I'll ever have knitted so it could be interesting!

message 24: by Ava Catherine (new)

Ava Catherine | 4258 comments I am in. I like all colors except neon and drab colors (tan, olive green, mustard, etc.)

I haven't started anything...haven't even gathered material yet. I cannot knit or crochet. Is that ok? Mine may be too simple for all of you. I will not participate if you only want knitted or crocheted ones. Just tell me. I promise it will NOT hurt my feelings.

message 25: by April (new)

April | 970 comments Connie wrote: "I am in. I like all colors except neon and drab colors (tan, olive green, mustard, etc.)

I haven't started anything...haven't even gathered material yet. I cannot knit or crochet. Is that ok? Min..."

Connie, it does not matter how you make the bookmark or what materials you use. This is for fun. I will post something more detailed later this week. Glad you are going to join in!

message 26: by April (new)

April | 970 comments Judy, I do have a question. Are we making a bookmark for each person who participates?

message 27: by Amber (new)

Amber I'll join in. I love 'fan mail' and how fun will it be to see everyone's creations?? :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.