City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

What?!?!? *SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Libby What?! Clary and Jace are brother and sister? Please clear this up for me.

Libby Yes please!

Libby Casey wrote: "Libby wrote: "Yes please!"

They aren't really brother and sister. Clary thinks they are because she knows about the brother she used to have that was infused with demon blood. Jace is actually the..."

Thank you so much! I feel much better now. :)

Number 6 Casey wrote: "Libby wrote: "Yes please!"

They aren't really brother and sister. Clary thinks they are because she knows about the brother she used to have that was infused with demon blood. Jace is actually the..."

As well as that, don't forget the Clary is Valentine's daughter, and Valentine only claimed Jace as her brother so as to "foil their plans" so to speak.

Rania I cant belive you guys told her! that ruins the whole story! my friends begged me and i just said, READ ON! its so worth it! Trust the author, or better yet trust me!!

Lalala*Saredo* Lol i ma jsut like you i like spilled beans i like to know what happens before i read it rather then reading it and waitng.

Rania That sucks!!! :P

Lalala*Saredo* yeah i don't know why but i just have that habit of reading about the book BEFORE i start it.

Erin I like to know! I dont like the suspence! Some people like the suprise but I like to know most of the time

message 10: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Oh no spoilers! That one's not just a spoiler, it's the main thread through two entire books!!!

I just gave TMI books to a friend to read and she pleaded and pleaded with me to tell her whether J&C were brother and sister and I refused. She figured it out part way through book 3 (as did I), but the anticipation and trying to figure it out all as you go along adds to the drama of reading it.

I've found out major spoilers about books before (eg. Catching Fire, Vampire Academy), and think that it ruins things for me.

I try to limit my series now and don't start them until all of the books are available because the suspense just kills me until I can read it (damn you Cassandra Clare - write faster!!!).

Rania I loves COB until the very end wen we find out they are brother and sister. but in the back of my head i just knew the author would NEVER do that. i just didnt know how and wen we would find out.

Rania Casey wrote: "Rania wrote: "I cant belive you guys told her! that ruins the whole story! my friends begged me and i just said, READ ON! its so worth it! Trust the author, or better yet trust me!!"

I only told h..."

doent matter you shouldnt have told her. i keeped saying i wanted to know but not really.

Rania Its all good! i just believe no matter how much you ask, dont tell! you know everyones different. :)

message 14: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Casey wrote: "I am of the belief that if you ask I will give.
I'm sorry that makes you unhappy. Maybe you should have told that person not to ask or something. I don't know."

Same here! I always make sure to ask them "Are you sure you want to know?" A couple times before I tell them