City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

YA book to movies?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ Besides City of Bones, which young adult novels are shechduled to become movies in the future? Also, what do you think of the already selected cast for CoB? Do you think the movie will be satisfactory to most of us fans?

Amanda I would love the Heir Chronicles by Cinda Williams Chima to be a Movie series! The whole time reading it I just kept hoping for it to be a movie.

Also, the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull would be fabulous (this is a children series though)

Marisa The Heir Series would be an amazing movie. I haven't read The Fablehaven Series yet though

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

These are the ones I've heard of (dates from imdb.com)

Hunger Games (Mar)
Unwind (unknown 2012)
Mortal Instruments (unknown 2012)
Before I Fall (unknown 2012)
Enders Game (2013)
The Maze Runner (2013)
Delirium (2013)
A Great & Terrible Beauty (2015)
Divergent (2015)

Gabrielle Movies just ruin the book and make it so not as many people have to read it. It is sad. I would rather the good books I read not be turned into movies. My imagination is way better then a movie screen.

Amanda Gabrielle wrote: "Movies just ruin the book and make it so not as many people have to read it. It is sad. I would rather the good books I read not be turned into movies. My imagination is way better then a movie scr..."

I agree with this sentiment somewhat. I just personally LOVE movies and also have a shotty imagination. Therefore, I enjoy seeing things on the big screen.

It does suck that people don't read the books because of it. But sometimes it works opposite. I work at a movie theater and ever since the Hunger Games trailer came out, SO MANY people have started reading it. I was telling everyone to read it for months before the trailer came out and yet only 2 people picked it up. Now the trailer is out, I can't even count how many people finished the whole series (has to be at least 20 people I personally know [probs more], not to mention the tons of people I randomly meet that read the series or are reading it). So sometimes movies help motivate people to read, which is an excellent thing!

Darlene Sadly, a bunch of YA books are scheduled 2 become movies. way too many if u ask me. There's
Paranormalcy
Vampire academy
Divergent
Blood Red road
uglies
The host (adult book but whatever)
And the hunger games of course =)

Darlene Oh and the infernal devices I think

message 9: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Gabrielle wrote: "Movies just ruin the book and make it so not as many people have to read it. It is sad. I would rather the good books I read not be turned into movies. My imagination is way better then a movie scr..."

100% agree, I can't stand when books that are amazing get turned into movies that fall short. They rarely get the characters right, and parts in the books that are the most memorable, somehow become corney. I haven't read all the Harry Potter books, but my sister has and she said those movies stuck pretty close to the books, along with The Lord of the Rings (although of coarse so much had to be left out), but the Twilight movies,& Eragon, movies are just horrible. There are things even with the Hunger Games movie I heard that they have screwed up, like Madge being taken out. And with COB I really don't like who they have chosen for the cast so far, although I have watched some videos with Jamie Cambell Bower where he doesn't look as bad as he does in pictures, but still. I just wish they left books alone, but that's never going to happen. Oh! and The Host movie cast is horrible, not what I pictured at all! Sorry if I rambled lol

Butchered Barbie Vampire Academy is said to be coming out in 2013.

Gabrielle Deondra wrote: "Gabrielle wrote: "Movies just ruin the book and make it so not as many people have to read it. It is sad. I would rather the good books I read not be turned into movies. My imagination is way bette..."

They are taking Madge out what the heck. I don't wanna spoil it for anyone but what she does is kinda important to certian aspects of the books. That is sad. And I like the book The Host. I don't know how they are gonna turn that one into a good movie I have a feeling its gonna be cheesy. smh I guess the only people with imaginations now are authors and the movie industry needs to get their ideas from somewhere.

Juliana I don't like the cast of the Mortal Instruments movie at ALL. I wanted Alex Pettyfer for Jace!

Sarah House of Night series is also becoming a movie.

@Darlene =) - Paranormalcy is actually becoming a movie???

Kayla Uhh I don't even know if I like book movies or not... I haven't seen many besides Harry Potter:P I'm so excited for the Hunger Games though! And Maximum Ride, Before I Fall, etc... But I don't think any movie can really do the Maze Runner justice.

Darlene Sarah wrote: "House of Night series is also becoming a movie.

@Darlene =) - Paranormalcy is actually becoming a movie???"

Yup. Ray Kay is set 2 direct it

Caitlin Shiver too