Aussie Readers discussion

Individual Book Discussions > Cloudstreet: Book vs TV Series

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 16 comments I read and loved Cloudstreet by Tim Winton many years ago and have been thinking about watching the TV adaptation. Has anyone seen it, and if so, what do you think compared with the book?

message 2: by Hels (new)

Hels Taylor (hennie) I also read the book many years ago and i recently watched the tv adaptation and was very pleased. It was very close to the book, the actors really took on the character's personas. My hubby who had not read the book found the tv very slow (it is a bit), but overall I really enjoyed it, worth watching if only to see some of our very talented Aussie actors!

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 16 comments Thanks for your response, Helen, I will give it a go, I think!

message 4: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 16 comments Update...I ended up watching the series and loved it! A little different from the book (which is to be expected) but definately captured Tim Winton! It did inspire me to pick up the book again.

message 5: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (booksandtoebeans) Glad to hear you liked it Vanessa, I've been tossing up whether to bite the bullet and actually watch it or not.. I don't want it to ruin my own versions of the characters in my head, if that makes any sense!