The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Hunger Games vs. Twilight

Comments Showing 1-50 of 247 (247 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Annabel ♥ (last edited Mar 01, 2012 10:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annabel ♥ You've probably seen this topic a lot some place or another. I just want to know your thoughts on what percentage you'd say you love Hunger games the most, and what percentage you love Twilight the most.

Hunger Games 80%
Twilight 20%

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles 90% for Hunger Games
10% for twilight

Kåiłeē ((I love how many chats I'm apart of!!))

98.88888888888% for Hunger Games.
1.222222222222% for Twilight.

Annabel ♥ Kailee wrote: "((I love how many chats I'm apart of!!))

98.88888888888% for Hunger Games.
1.222222222222% for Twilight."

(((((((I know right!!!))))))))))))))

Kåiłeē Ha Ha!! I love HG so any topic that has "Hunger Games", I'm apart of!

Annabel ♥ Kailee wrote: "Ha Ha!! I love HG so any topic that has "Hunger Games", I'm apart of!"

meeee 22222!!!

Danielle HUNGER GAMES!

Danielle though i do like twilight too

Mika 100% love for hunger games. no love for twilight. at all. sorry twi-hards. :p

message 10: by K (new) - rated it 5 stars

K 100% for Hunger Games. I honestly don't think these two stories have ANYTHING in common.

Haidi Love them both, so 100% for each. (am i allow to have 200%?!) And yeh, they are nothing alike so it's easy to like them both

message 12: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya I dont know there both soooo good!

message 13: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam ughhhhh. Hunger games all the way.

message 14: by Yoel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yoel 100% for Hunger Games

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

HUNGER GAMES

Danielle yeah you totally can't compare them because they are totally different stories...it really is who fell for which story more

message 17: by Koli (new) - added it

Koli Walker Honestly Hunger Games RULE! Nothing in common of the two.

Danielle Koli wrote: "Honestly Hunger Games RULE! Nothing in common of the two."

agreed!

Richie Lyman Why is Hunger Games the "next" Twilight? Doesn't make any sense to me for they're WAY different from each other.

Jaclyn Lore - Edwards I dont like Twilight at all! I read the first book and it was terrible (no offense to Twihards)! I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Hunger Games because it is full of action, not giving up, rebellion, and love. The HUnger Games trilogy are some of the best books I have ever read. Therefore:
Hunger Games - 100%
Twilight - 0%

message 21: by Matt (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matt Hageman Hunger games for sure! Not even comparable to twilight.
If you have read the hunger games already and are looking for books to read click the link... http://www.geniusbookreviews.wordpres...

george ☽ 70% Hunger Games
30% Twilight

like you said! Though I still LURVE Twilight, Hunger Games is waaay better. Twilight is better than Mockingjay and Catching Fire though

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

um i love both!!!! 50% for each!!!!!!!!!

Anika 100% Hunger Games
0% Twilight

message 25: by Teresa (last edited Feb 25, 2012 03:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teresa 80% Hunger Games
20% Twilight

But I do plan on going to see Part 2 Breaking Dawn. And also hope to see Hunger Games, too.
I still LOVE Twilight, but right now I'm totally into Hunger Games. Totally.

message 26: by Beth (last edited Feb 25, 2012 03:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth um... i don't think these books should be compared at all. its an insult to hunger games to even dare compare it to twilight. just because they're both book series that have been made into movies doesn't mean they have anything in common. twilight is some romanticised bullshit about some pathetic chic who can't even get a boyfriend of her own freakin species but hunger games can almost be a comment on humaity, when i read it i found myself questioning whether humanity as a race would be capable of forcing children to fight to the death for the sake of power and control. it dealt with real issues like poverty and oppression, granted with a similar lame love triangle element. thats pretty much the only way they can be compared. the arguement over which boy is better (obviously peeta btw and i don't even give a shit about edward vs jacob). but thats not all the story is about. thats it. twilight sucks. HUNGER GAMES FTW

message 27: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna sorry twilight fans but i can not stand those books. Hunger Games all the way!!
Can't wait for the movie

Grace Hunger Games!!!!!!!! I think books about vampires and ware wolfs are really annoying .

Kerri There is no love in my heart for Twilight. So Hunger Games all the way. But HG is not my all time favorite. I wouldn't put it in my top 10, top 20 yes.... well maybe #9 or 10.

Grace I agree.

Grace Twilight is to sappy.The Hunger games were awesome!!!

Danielle i still really enjoy twilight (it's a great story) but the hg were definetly better

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I think hunger games is more of an action book that keeps you on your toes. Twilight is more slow and not as fast as the hunger games. Also the twilight books are soooooooooo long!!

Grace and stupid.

Teresa Yes, I totally agree about the sappy love story. But I love Twilight. Not quite as much as Hunger Games.
Twilight-544 page
New Moon-608 pages
Eclipse-640 pages
Breaking Dawn-756 pages
All the pages you have to read in Twilight Saga altogether 2,548. That is enough to make someone cry. They were the longest books I've ever read.

Hunger Games-384 pages
Catching Fire-391 pages
Mockingjay-390 pages

I will say this, Hunger Games will probably knock Twilight Saga out the ball out the field as far as the Books that it has sold and the Fans that will be going to see Hunger Games. I LOVE these books. I'm reading Catching Fire right now and no spoilers, but it's better and more exciting than Hunger Games. IT ROCKS!!!!!!

Haidi I love long books, I wished that HG was longer, it finished too quickly for my liking.

Maeve Mcdonagh i don't care what anyone else says! TWILIGHT ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hunger games was good but i LOVE twilight)

lalakary i cant pick really since hunger games is new and different everyone would like it....i like both sorry

Teresa I LOVE both, too. I also LOVE Hunger Games. I just think, in my opinion, Twilight Saga books lasted a little too long for my liking.
I HATED Hunger Games to end so quickly, but again, I'm LOVING the 2nd book more.
I especially LOVE Twilight Movies. I've already collected the first 3 movies. I plan on buying Part 1&2 of Breaking Dawn, too. And then I'm buy all 3 Hunger Games Movies. I've already got all 3 books.
The only thing is: I'm going to be so sad :-( after I've done reading the last book.

message 40: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi Honestly, I didn't even finish the first Twilight book. I found it kind of bland. No offence to anyone who likes the book, it's just my opinion. Maybe it's because I saw the movie first, which I will admit, was a great movie.
However, I absolutly LOVED all of the Hunger Games books and can't wait for the movie to come out. :)

Teresa Jodi wrote: "Honestly, I didn't even finish the first Twilight book. I found it kind of bland. No offence to anyone who likes the book, it's just my opinion. Maybe it's because I saw the movie first, which I wi..."
The Twilight Saga Books are soooooooo long. It will take you forever to read them. Stick with the movies.

message 42: by Rose (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rose Twilight just seems like a sappy love triangle story about some girl choosing between necrophilia and bestiality. I say Hunger Games all the way!!

Melanie Why are these two books even being compared to each other? Suzanne Collins can write, whereas Stephanie Meyer paints such a mundane picture in my head with her words that I could fall asleep! Suspense, conflict, compelling characters... The Hunger Games has everything Twilight does not.

message 44: by Rose (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rose ^ Exactly

message 45: by Itzel (new) - added it

Itzel Twilight is a disgrace to literature, females, and even humankind.

The Hunger Games is about standing up to injustice and fighting to live a better life. Plus, it helps that Katniss kicks ass, unlike Bella.

As you can tell, I harbor a lot of hatred towards Twilight, I don't want to offend Twi-hards but, it's a piece of crap, plain and simple.

Everyone is entitled to own opinion, and Hunger Games wins and slaps Twilight(Bella) out of the competition.

B. Lynn Olujare ummm, sorry but twilight can't even put a stick to hunger games. so here this:

Hunger Games: 99.27%
Twilight: .73%

geez, I even had to pull out the calculator for that one.

message 47: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth MonsterReader wrote: "Twilight is a disgrace to literature, females, and even humankind.

The Hunger Games is about standing up to injustice and fighting to live a better life. Plus, it helps that Katniss kicks ass, un..."

so true... i'm glad someone sees it as clearly as i do

message 48: by Itzel (new) - added it

Itzel Thanks Beth, we must stand together in the endless fight against *shudder*, Twilight.

LONG LIVE THE HUNGER GAMES!

message 49: by Beth (last edited Feb 26, 2012 11:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth i know!!! how did it even get that popular?... i'm amazed that Meyer managed to get four books out of the love life of some delusional girl cause lets face it THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS VAMPIRES. at least hunger games is about a real species :P

message 50: by Itzel (new) - added it

Itzel Hahaha! I am happy, I have found a common person who hates Twilight as much as I do.

Twilight is popular because girls imagine themselves as Bella and think Edward will save them. HAHA, yeah no.

The Hunger Games is too good, to even be mentioned on the same sentence as Twishite.

« previous 1 3 4 5