The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

If you were a tribute..

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Annabel ♥ I wouldnt dare ally with another tribute... i thought katniss was insanely brave what with being on Rue's and Peeta's side. Id play to win.

Kåiłeē If I were a tribute, I would win.

Ha ha lol

Annabel ♥ Kailee wrote: "If I were a tribute, I would win.

Ha ha lol"

Nope. I would. lolll

Jacob I would make plans. If I were as smart as Beetee, I would set up the electric trap and light a fire in the center of it, shimmy up a tree, and wait for some idiot to walk into my trap and get electrified. I would have a short sword strapped to the side, and maybe a bow and arrow. Even if you're not the best shooter, you might get lucky. I would also play to win. Unless there was someone who I loved, and I knew that person loved me, I would play as an ally, then suicide.

Kåiłeē Wanna try me?? Me, you, in the arena. 2000 years from now... lets see who wins!!

Annabel ♥ Kailee wrote: "Wanna try me?? Me, you, in the arena. 2000 years from now... lets see who wins!!"

bring it on!!!!!!!!!

Kåiłeē Ha ha! You should do a HG role play against me sometime!!! I've got M-A-D skills!

Annabel ♥ oh no you dont!! im the 1 with the mad skills!!!! lol:)

★ Jess I'd play to win by making alliances in the training centre, but only if there was someone I could trust (not for the sake of it).

Otherwise my strategy would be somewhat like Haymitch's.

message 10: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Le I'd hide up in the trees all day and wait for the competition to kill itself :P

Kayla Kim wrote: "I'd hide up in the trees all day and wait for the competition to kill itself :P"

That would be what I tried to do as well! But then they'd throw in something to drive us down. Tributes weren't allowed to hide for long.

Kayla Hopefully I never have to find out!

message 13: by Julianna (last edited Feb 23, 2012 01:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Julianna I'd die first... I cant kill people, and I have no special skills... other than singing, writing, readng(I dont know if this would be a special skill), and dancing and I dont think they would get me very far. I would totally sacrafice myself for someone I loved.

Valerie I would try not to die.

Christina I would get food, haul butt to a tree high up. I would stay there until I knew it was clear to go down, and then survive off of nature's food. I wouldn't dare make alliances. I would never sleep with someone that would very possibly kill me. But I have a feeling if my life depended on it, I would kill someone without thinking twice.

Nati^^the insane, laughing  panda^^ i agree,valerie and julianna but still i know it sounds bad but i would kill all the people i had to win or keep someone like peeta alive!this also sounds bad but i would like to be in them, they sound a little fun.( (now i sound really mean, like a bully,:( im not actually like that)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know what I would do. Because, this is all just assuming that it's not gonna be a dessert or that there isn't going to be hail every morning. You never know what the capitol will throw at you.

message 18: by george ☽ (last edited Feb 23, 2012 01:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

george ☽ I'd play to win. I would try to hide until most people were dead, only getting food and water. I wouldn't care what the public thought of me, I'd just be in it, to win it. I wouldnt trust anyone and I would kill to survive. (god, I sound violent, but it's true) I'd also try to appear weak, so other tributes wouldnt see me as a threat.

Julianna Christina wrote: "I would get food, haul butt to a tree high up. I would stay there until I knew it was clear to go down, and then survive off of nature's food. I wouldn't dare make alliances. I would never sleep..."
I accually wanted to be in them when I finished the book because I felt like if Katniss had a chance maybe I could to! :D

Nati^^the insane, laughing  panda^^ me too, i sound awful!!!! also i would stay alive and if i knew i had no chasn

Nati^^the insane, laughing  panda^^ chance at winning i would make the capitol mad like katniss did with the berries and rue :(

Julianna Nati wrote: "me too, i sound awful!!!! also i would stay alive and if i knew i had no chasn"

Whoops I accidently replied to the wrong one! But Yes, I was talking to you!

Jacob Julianna wrote: "I'd die first... I cant kill people, and I have no special skills... other than singing, writing, readng(I dont know if this would be a special skill), and dancing and I dont think they would get m..."

If you can sing, surely you can scream. Make their ears bleed, and while they cover their ears, go behind them with a dagger/knife and slit their throat.

Nati^^the insane, laughing  panda^^ uuuuuuh bloody violent person.hahaahaha,i smiled tho

Julianna Haha!!! Oh my gosh!! Diddn't I say I cant kill people.... but I can scream pretty loud.:D

Nati^^the insane, laughing  panda^^ :) i can imagine, the crowd would be very entertained(i know, its all so wrong)

Julianna Ahah! Oh yeah, I would need to play the crowd correctly... hmmm I really dont know how I would look, so looks would be out of the question...

Jacob Or you can disguise yourself to blend with the grass. Then camp near a tree, and when someone comes near you, stab their ankle and when they fall you quickly finish it off by repeatedly stabbing them in the face. And in the groin.

message 29: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay I would win

Jacob Jay wrote: "I would win"

Psh. I know how to do hand to hand combat, and I'm handy with a knife. So, come at me bro.

Julianna Jacob wrote: "Or you can disguise yourself to blend with the grass. Then camp near a tree, and when someone comes near you, stab their ankle and when they fall you quickly finish it off by repeatedly stabbing th..."

Wow! Thats... creative! haha!

Jacob You need ideas to survive. Anything in a forest-area is helpful. Such as sticks. You can easily sharpen a stick and use it as a sharp weapon to plunge into eyeba...

That's it. I'm done.

Julianna Haha!! Oh wow!! You're making me laugh so hard... I dont even know why cause its not even funny...

Jacob You have quite a weird sense of humor. o_O

Julianna You dont even know...

Jamie I would try to make a decent impression with the sponsers, not unforgetable, but so that they know that I'm not weak. Then once I got in the arena I would try to get a knife if I could and haul tail out of there. Then I would hide and avoid the other player, wait for them to kill each other off, and when there's only a few people left in the arena i would pick them off one by one.

Kåiłeē Deep man...

message 38: by Mika (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mika I'd get a set of knives,and a gun if they had a 9 mm somewhere, stay somewhere really far away, and just plain survive, foxface style. if anyone came to fight me, i'd kill. I won't like it, but i'll do it. anything to get home alive.

Michelle I always thought it would be a pretty nice act of rebellion to kill yourself right at the start. I wouldn't have any hope of winning, anyway.

Julianna Michelle wrote: "I always thought it would be a pretty nice act of rebellion to kill yourself right at the start. I wouldn't have any hope of winning, anyway."

Thats the spirit!

Kayla Well, assuming I could get over my blind terror, I would probably get a sword. I used to do a lot of play sword-fighting with my bro when I was little:P I've tried archery. Uh, did not turn out so well. Of course I would TRY to win, but I can't see myself winning. I would sacrifice myself for a Tribute if it was my best friend, or a family member. I'm not sure I could bring myself to kill anyone though..

message 42: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Le It'd be nice if we could go in with grenades or something... C: or or or a machine gun oorrrr a bomb shelter stocked with a month's worth of food keke

Christina no one could really pull of the weakling again, people would recognize it from Johanna. Too many would try and pull off the star-crossed lovers, so you would have to be pretty original.

Amanda Throughout my reading of the books I was trying to imagine myself in that position and it was a truly terrifying thought. I definitely don't think I would team up with another tribute as it would only make it harder when they died and you would always be thinking that they could kill you at any moment. As for weapons of choice, I'm not quite sure. I think a few sharp knifes would make me feel a lot more confident for sure!

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

message 45: by QR (new) - rated it 4 stars

QR I'd be like Foxface probably...

www.nineteenreviews.blogspot.com

Kayla Michelle wrote: "I always thought it would be a pretty nice act of rebellion to kill yourself right at the start. I wouldn't have any hope of winning, anyway."

I agree. Instead of waiting for someone to kill you miserably.

Caroline Nazzy wrote: "I'd be like Foxface probably...

www.nineteenreviews.blogspot.com"

She died FYI

Kayla Caroline wrote: "Nazzy wrote: "I'd be like Foxface probably...

She died FYI"

Caroline - Ha!

Caroline Kayla wrote: "Caroline wrote: "Nazzy wrote: "I'd be like Foxface probably...

She died FYI"

Caroline - Ha!"

Well, it's true :)))

Christina Caroline wrote: "Kayla wrote: "Caroline wrote: "Nazzy wrote: "I'd be like Foxface probably...

She died FYI"

Caroline - Ha!"

Well, it's true :)))"

it's kinda sad though, like she outsmarted everyone and lasted to the top like 5 tributes, then was stupid enough to eat poisonous berries, and Peeta didn't even mean to kill her!! I want to know her name SO bad!!

« previous 1 3