The Sword and Laser discussion

Podcasts > For the next Halloween Episode

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou (new)

Lou | 3 comments I know it's still a long way off but I thought that it might be fun for the next Halloween episode of S&L to explore the Horror genre.

What are our favourite authors like Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Herbert...etc up to?

Who are the new authors/books in this genre that people are excited about?

What was your first horror novel? Mine was The Dead Zone, I read this when I was still in high school way back in 1980!!

This is just a suggestion and I'd be interested in knowing what everyone thinks of the idea.

Cheers.

message 2: by Tora (new)

Tora | 69 comments I love Halloween, and as far as I'm concerned October might as well be renamed "Halloween Month". All my reading and audiobook listening switches over to horror for the month, including my annual re-reads/listens of Dracula, The Haunting of Hill House, and now The Graveyard Book.

So obviously I am enthused about this idea. If some members don't like horror and don't want to read horror at all, we could make the horror novel an alternate pick...

message 3: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments you guys are WAY to far ahead of the game. Hit this up in September at the earliest. Im still coming down from the Holidays of 2011. :)

message 4: by Lou (new)

Lou | 3 comments @Micah, yeah, I know I chimed in way early on this one. It's just been one of those things that's been stuck in my head for a while so I just needed to put it out there. :)