The Geek Girls Book Club discussion

General Info > H.P. Lovecraft

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (NikkiSticks) | 413 comments Mod
Lovecraft has been suggested and requested many times, so I think it is a must do. What should we read of his? Any suggestions?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos that included not only short stories by Lovecraft, but also others authors. I thought it was ok, some stories are really creepy.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Davis | 1 comments I recently read a really fun (scary) novella, which was a nod to Lovecraft and the Cthulu mythos. It's called "All Hope Lost" by Faith Van Horne. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...

message 4: by Megg (new)

Megg | 7 comments I like the idea of picking some of his short stories to read & discuss. You can purchase the complete collection of his short stories for just .99 at Amazon for Kindle.

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Estepp (quietjenn) | 3 comments Oh, I'm very excited that we're going to dive into Lovecraft, and I think that the idea of picking a handful of stories is a good one.

What about The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories as the hard copy text for people who want to buy or borrow a physical book? And if we skip talking about the introduction or whatever (I *do* tend to skip introductions anyway), all of the stories in this one are available free online or in the .99 compilations that Megg mentioned.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Here is the collection that we are going with thanks to Cthulhu Chick, she has a free collection available at her website! http://cthulhuchick.com/complete-work...

We will start this one April 1st!

message 7: by Nicole (new)

I should also add that anyone can read whatever collection or story that they would like... it will just be so great to discuss this author!

message 8: by Nicole (last edited Apr 27, 2012 12:40PM) (new)

Discussion starts tomorrow, April 28th!