Looking for Alaska Looking for Alaska discussion

Do you think this book has got the worst cover ever?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cliona (new) - added it

Cliona Is it just me, or do you think this cover and Looking For Alaska's other cover (the blue one with the pink heart in the water) are hideous? I've been wanting to read it, but I've been putting off buying it because these are so ugly and the only nice edition is out of print! What do you think?

Michelle Don't judge a book by the cover. This is one of my favorite books, even if the cover isn't pretty, the story more than makes up for it. Buy it, read it, and you'll love it despite the cover! :)

Steph Well, it's just a matter of taste. I really like the smoky cover, as well as the one with the flower on it. The heart one, not so much.

Like Michelle said, don't judge a book by its cover :)
This really is an amazing story.

And if it bothers you so much, maybe you could even create a bookcover of construction paper? I've done that before with damaged or ugly covers.

message 4: by Lena (new) - rated it 1 star

Lena I liked the cover okay, but not the book. So, it's all a matter of taste, as Stephanie said.

Torie I dunno. Personally. I like the smoky cover--it gives a sense of mystery and classy simplicity.

kris No. I've seen much worse book covers.

Lily I really like the smokey cover. It embodies the book well, I think. The book is incredible so even if you don't agree about the cover you should read it!

Chiara If there is one thing I hate,it's a bad book cover... I can't understand how some authors often accept to be represented by readymade covers without any sense.

Heather There is a version I have wih a girl on the cover that I like, maybe ou can find that version. either way I recommend the book :)

message 10: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Williams This is my favorite John Green book and I wouldn't care what the cover looked like - read it! I'm waiting to get The Fault in Our Stars from the library and then I'll have read them all.

Kirsty In my opinion, John Green's book covers are often quite ugly. That does nothing to how much I enjoy his books, though. I love them.

message 12: by Natalie (new)

Natalie The cover with the heart is extremely ugly. The covers, however, do not take away from how much I enjoy John Green's books.

Miakamo I LOVE this cover, I think its great, its so different from others. And I also like Paper towns cover with pined map.

The book "Looking for Alaska" was and still belongs to one of my favourite books - a sad true life story

message 14: by Yami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yami Fizzy I don't believe this cover is really that bad. It was chosen for a reason, one I do now know. I, myself kept wondering why this book had such an unrelated cover. I like to see it as Alaska being the heart who drowned? Not literally of course. This book is great and it should not be judge by its cover.