"REHAB" discussion

HELP > Trying to find a book!!!

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments K, so today I was talking with my friend and she reminded me of this book I read ages ago. I sort of remember some of the details but I don't remember what the book is called, which is really annoying because it's been bugging me all day
Maybe someone can help:

What I remember is some sort of competition when the winners get to play this new video game [think "golden ticket to Wonka"], except that they kind of go inside the game. basically, it's some sort of parallel world and the creator of the game has a sick daughter, but the cure is only found in the video game world. the kids that won have to go through the levels and try to get to the cure to save the daughter.
I remember some task that has to do with a huge snake, something that has to do with letters from the Greek alphabet. I think the video game is some sort of middle-aged world, and they get dressed in old fashion clothes and there is some sort of market place at some point too.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?

message 2: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Katerina (klymene) | 2740 comments Mod
A book that was kind of like it was called Heir Apparent, but that doesn't seem exactly like it.....

message 3: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Siareen wrote: "K, so today I was talking with my friend and she reminded me of this book I read ages ago. I sort of remember some of the details but I don't remember what the book is called, which is really annoy..."

So familiar but I can't remember ...darn.

message 4: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

Hannah | 3223 comments Mod
yeah it does seem like [book Heir Apparent}...I'll keep thinking.

message 5: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments it could be im getting some details wrong... can you describe Heir Apparent? i tried to look it up on Goodreads, but there are too many different books with that name, and it got confusing :P

oh, i think the cover had a big snake on it. could have been green, though im not sure...

message 6: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

No... Heir Apparent had a girl on the front cover and it was green.

Here's the Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heir_App...

Even if it isn't your book, you should still read it.

Epic was also about a virtual reality, but it's more like a roleplaying game kind of story.

Here's a list of Virtual Reality books, seeing as that's kind of what your book sounds like: http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/v...

message 7: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) It sounds like one of the Alex Rider books too, but like another book I have read that is very close to her description.

message 8: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments no, i don't think its either of those. and i don't think it was on the list either.
not Alex Rider too...
I don't think it's very well known.
anyways, thanks for your help!!! i'll let you know when i find it. if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know!!!

message 9: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

why don't you ask your friend?

message 10: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Brilliant idea, Hannah, just brilliant.

message 11: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments becuase she is sort of scatterbrained and im not sure if she remembers or not. when i talked to her she didn't. i need to ask her again though :P maybe this time she will... lol

message 12: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

I feel like you're talking about me. :(

message 13: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (last edited Feb 22, 2012 01:09PM) (new)

Okay. :D

Oh Klymy that's sad.

Oh and I have another suggestion. Take a book that is similar (like Heir Apparent) and then see the suggestions for related reads ("Readers also liked" etc...) on the sidebar. I found a bunch of similarly related books and that might help you in your search.

message 14: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments great idea! thanks :P

message 15: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

welcome. Let us know if you find it.

message 16: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments i spoke with my friend today and we managed to remember a few more things about the book. one of the words in the title is "quest"! and im pretty sure it's a two word title. now i just need to remember that last word :P

message 17: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_Q...

It's not your story. But it sounds like a beautiful one anyways. Read the summary!

message 18: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments summary's too long and i cant be bothered to read it now :P

but no, it doesn't sound like it at all...

oh, and the main character's name is Adam.

message 19: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid The Serpents of Arakesh? The Serpents of Arakesh (Karazan Quartet, #1) by V.M. Jones

message 20: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!! THANK YOU WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I owe you big time :P lol

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im so happy now!!!!!!

message 21: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Dude. Way, you are awesome. That takes TALENT.

message 22: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments it does. especially since i got a lot of details wrong :P
thanks again! im sooo happy now!!!

message 23: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Pleased to be of assistance.

message 24: by Hannah, Don't TOUCH my Title Klymy. (new)

Way to go Way. :D

message 25: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments sia, you crack me up. when you asked me i said heir apparent too. lol.

message 26: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments i know you did. i told you it was already proposed...

message 27: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments i know. but still, it's funny that everyone said the same thing.

message 28: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments it is. i guess i must read the heir apparent now to see if there really is a similarity between them :P

lol, im just happy i found the book. it was bugging me for daaaays :)

message 29: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments i know. so borrow heir apparent from someone. i'm sure one of your friends must have it.

message 30: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments ill have to check. probably not.
its really sad, a lot of my friends have stopped reading fantasy :(

message 31: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments that is sad. i havent. :)

message 32: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments i know you haven't. and not all of my friends have. but now i only have two at school who like fantasy and one who moved from kinda writing fantasy to writing realistic stuff [not that she writes a lot, but still. she still reads it though...]

message 33: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 900 comments in my class i have a bunch of people who read everything. everyone loves twilight and stuff like that. *gags* but for the most part i have two friends who love reading, not necessarily fantasy but sci-fi and realistic fiction and stuff. my bookshelf is the library of my class. lol.

message 34: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments So, everyone remember this book that I was trying to remember the name? Well, i knew my friend had it, but she couldn't find it. But today she came up to me and told me she HAD found it and she gave it to me and I got to read it again!!!!
It's just one of those really nostalgic books, and it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was a very cute kids book.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know :P
and thanks again Way for the help!!!

message 35: by Katerina, Mother Gothel's Cake (new)

Crazy... That's what the Goodreads lists are for, so that you can find books you don't remember the name of.

message 36: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 1620 comments yes, but this book is from New Zealand, ergo, it's not very well known and it isn't on ANY of the lists. I should probably go fix that, but I soooo can't be bothered to :P