Big Fat Books discussion

A Suitable Boy- Vikram Seth > A Suitable Boy Parts. 10 - 14

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mathis (last edited Feb 23, 2012 06:16PM) (new)

Mathis Bailey | 57 comments Mod
Discussions on Parts 10 -14 in this thread.

Please bear in mind,spoilers for this section of the reading may be found within.

message 2: by Mathis (last edited Mar 20, 2012 01:21AM) (new)

Mathis Bailey | 57 comments Mod
I found this section of the book a bit depressing, and difficult to get through without falling into a comatose state.......with Pran and Bhaskar falling ill, the beatings of student protestors, The Pul Mela stampede clamity, The Zamindari's countless political hearings, and Mahesh and Mr.Kapoor implusively quitting their jobs: a decision that left their financial future bleak. And in the midst of all this bedlam, Savita goes into labor and gives birth to a baby girl, instead of a baby boy that everyone fervently wanted. I mean, it was dissapointment, after dissapointment. I desperatedly wanted the story to go back and focus more on Maan's and Lata's romantic affairs.

As I reflect, I really didn't care too much for this section of the book;however, I did like the heart-felt letters that Lata and Mahesh wrote to each other.

I wondered what happened to Varun and Arun in all of this drama. They even didn't show up for the baby's delivery . They were totally MIA.

Meenakshi is supposedly pregnant and doesn't know whom it's by. Interesting. And Arun doesn't know a thing. I wonder how that situation will pan out.