J.D. Robb discussion

Celebrity in Death (In Death, #34)
This topic is about Celebrity in Death
In Death Books > Celebrity In Death (Spoiler Zone)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Harte (jennaharte) | 46 comments I'm totally digging Celebrity in Death so far. I love being able to wake up to a new In Death book sitting on my reader:)

Sharon Michael I was so glad to get this today and start it. I really needed a book that I like the characters and I know it is going to be a fun read!

Cher (sharpei) | 61 comments I'm starting tonight. I promised a friend I would read her short story first. Damn!

message 4: by Sara ♥ (last edited Feb 21, 2012 03:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Why do we have friends anyway? ;) I'm going to go pick it up tonight from the library! (Probably in a couple hours after I finish Imitation in Death on audio...)

message 5: by Jonetta (last edited Feb 21, 2012 03:28PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13542 comments Mod
I'm almost done with another book and will probably start tomorrow!!

Vicci (theibookemporium) | 26 comments Read this one as an ARC and it was classic Eve at her best!

Tina | 103 comments I'm half-way through it. Liking it a lot more than New York to Dallas and it is reminding me just a little bit of Witness in Death but not in a been-there-done-that kind of way.

Sharon Michael I'm about halfway through as well. Really liked the sense of 'strangeness' that was suggested with the actors that were playing Eve, Peabody, Roarke and McNab, especially with Eve and Peabody. I can imagine the weird feeling it would give someone to see their 'double' acting out something they themselves had done.

Cher (sharpei) | 61 comments Starting it now!! Yippeeeee

Sharon Michael Yep! Finished this up this morning. Classic Eve Dallas ... a lot of things I like about this one.

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Started it last night! I'm 5 chapters in!

Vicci (theibookemporium) | 26 comments Listening to the audiobook now and loving every word!

message 13: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Harte (jennaharte) | 46 comments Just finished and enjoyed it. Not as much drama and angst, but still lots of fun. Great banter between Eve and Rourke and Eve and Peabody. Julian must be a terrific actor, because he's NOTHING like Rourke. Ditto with KT and Peabody.

message 14: by Cher (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cher (sharpei) | 61 comments Finished it last night. Loved it!!! I do like this one much better than NYtoD. You're right Jenna about the banter this time out, much better. No spoilers from me, so I guess we will have to wait to disect, lol. :)

Stacey | 45 comments Another hit for JD Robb!!! I loved this book. Looking forward for discussions to begin.

message 16: by Cher (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cher (sharpei) | 61 comments Hurry up peeps!!!

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 14 comments Loved it because the gang was back together again. I even enjoyed the less dark & intense case work this time around. #34 was a hit with me!!

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Ch 14! Over halfway!

message 19: by Anita (new) - added it

Anita (honeygirl) Over halfway through and I'm just DYING TO ASK if the killer's who I think it is...It's KILLING ME not to ask! (I've written and erased it 3 times now!)

LOVING this book way better than NYTD...this one's going on my re-read-a-million-times list. Right up there with Treachery. (LOVED Treachery!)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 14 comments Anita, the only thing I can say is that it wasn't who I thought it was going to be. Such a great addition to the series.

message 21: by Sara ♥ (last edited Feb 28, 2012 04:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments The killer is... just kidding! Keep reading! I have 14 pages left, but it's just wrap-up at this point... I assume...

Oh, and Treachery was AWESOME!! One of my favorites, too!

message 22: by Anita (new) - added it

Anita (honeygirl) ah, never mind, I know who the killer is now...darnit, this is the FIRST TIME I've EVER been wrong!!!!

I love it.

Valerie Knox (vik814) I started reading Celebrity and I am loving it. Eve is my girl crush LOL

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Anita — Awesome for you! I think I've guessed right (before, say, 50% through the book) once. Judgment in Death. I knew who did it the second the person walked onto the page. But, like I said... That was the ONLY time. :) I'm kinda dense. I'd be a TERRIBLE cop!

Diana | 28 comments I was sort of right on this one.....well half right anyway. The other half I did see coming.

Diana | 28 comments Diana wrote: "I was sort of right on this one.....well half right anyway. The other half I did see coming."

didn't see.....dang typos!

message 27: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine | 10 comments loved this book. these characters are part of my family now. and my real family has gotten used to me reading and laughing out loud by now.

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments There was a new character introduced in this book: Kyung Beaverton, a media relations guy who works with Chief Tibble's office. Anyone think he'll be recurring? I'm always looking for a love interest for Nadine! :)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 14 comments From the way he was introduced and reappeared throughout the book, I have a feeling Kyung Beaverton will show up again. Working in Chief Tibble's office gives him the status and exposusure to work right into the cast of characters in my opinion. Trying to play matchmaker for Nadine, uh? Haven't seen enough of Kyung yet to say he might be "good" enough for the mighty Nadine!!

Vicci (theibookemporium) | 26 comments He could be a great addition to the series. I like his smooth demure and his ability to grasp the way in which Dallas works a case and the media.

message 31: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine | 10 comments Ohhhhh!!! Yes! He and Nadine will surely have enough in common to bicker all the time. Good eye Sara.

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments I just figure, for a while, we used to get random PAs, until we finally got Reo. (I suppose Kyung and her could hook up, too... but I think I like Nadine for him more. I dunno. I could be swayed.) Now we've gone through a bazillion media people, and finally we've got a guy who isn't a complete doofus... :) I liked him! I hope he sticks around!

message 33: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 2426 comments I didn't read that book

message 34: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Just got Celebrity tonight and I can't wait to read it. I really look forward to the new ones.

message 35: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 2426 comments I didn't read it so don't tell me about it

message 36: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Ok I have NOT read it yet but my guess, which I'm usually wrong, is the publiscist. I don't remember his name.

message 37: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Harte (jennaharte) | 46 comments Sara ♥ wrote: "There was a new character introduced in this book: Kyung Beaverton,..."
I enjoyed him. I hope he returns.

message 38: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Harte (jennaharte) | 46 comments I don't think In Death books are as good at hiding the bad guy as other mysteries, but I don't read them for that either. I love Eve, Rourke and crew. They could all go on vacation and not solve a crime, and I'd probably still love it.

message 39: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I just finished Celebrity in Death. Truthfully, after reading NY 2 D I really wasn't super excited to read this one. OMG was I wrong! This was a really frickin great book! Not as many funny parts as I have read in the past but still really good.

message 40: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Vicci wrote: "Read this one as an ARC and it was classic Eve at her best!"

what is ARC?

Adelheid (thecelticmyst) | 42 comments If you didn't read it then why the Heck would you be reaing the posts?

message 42: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 2426 comments I don't know lol

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments ARC = Advanced Reading Copy, meaning she got it before it even came out! Not fair, right? ;) They're usually given out so people can read/review a book to hype it up, I think...

Adelheid (thecelticmyst) | 42 comments We have all now had ours for weeks, though. So... what does everyone think?

message 45: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 2426 comments What do you mean?

Diana | 28 comments Adelheid wrote: "We have all now had ours for weeks, though. So... what does everyone think?"

ok I don't know how to do the spoiler alert thing but here's my spoiler alert....SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

I thought the beginning was hilarious especially the part where Peabody was like "Do you think that guy (can't remember his name but it was the publicist guy) knows that Roarke just saved his life?" and Eve is like "Did he really call me honey?" LOL I laughed a good long time with that.

Also I thought it was the drunk guy at the party in which I was partly right about that since he did hit her and make her fall down, but I never would have suspected who really did it which is a first for me. I'm usually right about who it is before its revealed who it is. (I'm pretty good at mysteries)

message 47: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 2426 comments Oh i see

Adelheid (thecelticmyst) | 42 comments I loved the scene with Bella. When she made Dallas pick her up.

message 49: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 2426 comments Aww cute lol

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 14 comments After "NY to Dallas," I was really glad this one was a lighter read. It is always fun when most of the gang is included and interacting with one another. That's what makes the "In Death" series so special to me -- well, secondary to Roarke!!!

« previous 1