The Great Kindle Challenge discussion

Monthly Reads > The Moonstone; Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Whoops! How the heck did I forget to put up a discussion thread! I am still in the first half of the book, but it is pretty interesting so far, especially in the beginning when it talks about the generations of priests that devoted their lives to guarding the moonstone. I have to say that I am definitely the superstitious type, and if a bunch of priests told me that a gemstone was cursed, I certainly would NOT take it. Just sayin'.
Anyone else giving this a go?

message 2: by Trisha (new)

Trisha So far, this is a really fun mystery novel! At first, I was getting a little annoyed with the narrative from Betteridge, but then it started to balance out and the plotline really started to move forward. The mystery has me very curious to see where everything will lead!

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane I just finished it last night! The story being told by a lot of different characters made it fun and kept it engaging for me. As the answer to the mystery was revealed I was surprised with each new twist and turn!!

message 4: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Fan-freaking-tastic novel!!! It started out a little slow, maybe the first 20 pages or so, so I had some doubts, but....wow! It was such a great plotline with twists, turns, suspects, clues (but only clues that raised more questions). I guessed multiple suspects at random, picking likely characters, unlikely characters, I honestly wasn't sure. I was dying to know who took the moonstone, how, and why. I really got caught up in the suspense of the plotline and read it to the very last sentence. Absolutely fantastic the way Collins weaved in the clues and kept the mystery going. Excellent novel!