Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

The Dark Lord's Handbook (The Dark Lord's Handbook, #1)
This topic is about The Dark Lord's Handbook
Fantasy > The Dark Lord's Handbook

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new) - added it

Paul Dale (paul_dale) | 12 comments The Dark Lord's Handbook

I started to write this as I'd always thought I'd like to see the flip side of the fantasy coin. Who are these Dark Lord's? How do they come about? Why are they so bad at what they do? Couldn't find it in myself to be serious and therefore the humorous streak.

Cover blurb ...

To become a Dark Lord is no easy thing. The simple ambition to hold dominion over the world and bend all to your will sounds straightforward but it's not. There are armies to raise, fortresses to build, heroes to defeat, battles to be fought, hours of endless soliloquy in front of the mirror – it's a never ending job. Not to mention deciding what to wear. (After hours, days, even weeks of consideration, it will be black, so save yourself some time.)

After many spectacular failures, Evil decided to lend more than inspiration to these would be tyrants. He wrote an easy to follow Dark Lord's Handbook. And yet the next Dark Lord that came along screwed up like all the others. What good was a Handbook if they didn't RTFM?

It had been hundreds of years, and the Handbook had been lost in the annals of time, along with all that was mythic and exciting in the world, until one day a randy dragon had a chance encounter. Nine months later a Dark Lord was born (for even a Dark Lord has a mother).

It took a while but the orc who had been looking after the Handbook all this time delivered it to this new contender, Morden.

To become a Dark Lord is no easy thing. Morden had better be a quick study.

Nessie Q. (iseenessie) | 26 comments :(

Kindle titles for your country are not available at Amazon.co.uk.
Please shop for Kindle titles at Amazon.com.

message 3: by Paul (new) - added it

Paul Dale (paul_dale) | 12 comments I'm in the process of doing a createspace paperback. It's a fiddle process and I'm not over the moon about the list price. I'd like to keep it reasonable as possible but the overheads are so much steeper than an ebook.

message 4: by Paul (new) - added it

Paul Dale (paul_dale) | 12 comments Thanks. Will do.

Becca (beccabeccabooklover) Haha this sounds fantastic. A nice little spin on the whole fantasy genre. Sadly I don't have a kindle so can't read it (boo) but if you ever need reviews I'm here. Good luck with it all btw it sounds like a fun read.

message 6: by Paul (new) - added it

Paul Dale (paul_dale) | 12 comments @Jaq Mail me and I'll send you the PDF proof I'm using for the hard copy.

paul.a.d.dale@gmail.com

Nessie Q. (iseenessie) | 26 comments Hi sir!

I can review your book too. I'm okay with pdf format.

nessie.quiambao@gmail.com

Becca (beccabeccabooklover) If you need a third review you may send a pdf copy over to rharris1991@hotmail.co.uk I'd love to read it!

message 9: by Paul (new) - added it

Paul Dale (paul_dale) | 12 comments @Jaq, Nessie, Becca Posted. Hope you enjoy.

message 10: by Joe (new) - added it

Joe (skinsjoe) | 12 comments Just bought it. Really cool idea. Can''t wait to read it.