Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight question

Do you think when you watch the movie on a book you can't picture the same characters the way you used 2?
Anna Munson Anna Feb 21, 2012 08:21AM
I was just thinking that whenever I watch a movie over a book that I have just recently read. I can't picture the same characters that I used. Like I can only picture Kristen Stewart or Robert Pattinson when i read the twilight series.

Anna wrote: "I was just thinking that whenever I watch a movie over a book that I have just recently read. I can't picture the same characters that I used. Like I can only picture Kristen Stewart or Robert Patt..."

I totally get what you are saying.. It happens with me all the time too.. For some books its not that bad (eg Harry Potter series.) But Twilight.. Well the casting people did justice to Edward no doubt.. But Bella?? Umm.. I don't think so..

I actually don't picture the characters in the book being Rob, Kristen, and Taylor. Book characters aren't meant to look like the movie versions, actors just portray them.

I still picture the book's characters the way the author describes them. In some special cases, when the casting people aren't idiots, the two match and I can envision the movie star, but this is rare.

I saw the movie before reading the series. I definitely imagine them all looking like their characters from the movie. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Kirby (last edited Mar 03, 2012 11:38AM ) Mar 03, 2012 11:38AM   0 votes
yeah, if I see the movie before reading the book, I can only envision the actors...

It's a little ironic that I stumbled upon this discussion today, because I was just re-reading the Twilight series, and I realized that I definately picture most of the characters a little bit differently than I used to. However, with the exception of Jacob, I don't picture them as the actors.

The depends. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
Like in the Percy Jackson series, I don't picture the movie's Annabeth because it was SO different from the description.

In the Twi series I mostly picture the actors in the movie because I saw the movies first and I liked the cast.

Yeah that happens to me too. Like the other day I was reading spells again and I kept picturing Laurel as Miley Cyrus and that just made me want to rip the book and burn it and...anyways at least I can picture Tamani as this total hottie. ;)

Lucklily I don't picture the actors or actresses after watching the movies, Which I'm happy about because I dont think they ever fit the parts. Especially in the Twilight movies.

Kirby I really wish I had read the twilight books before the movies came out...
Mar 03, 2012 12:34PM · flag

It depends on how firm a presense the book characters have for me. In Harry Potter I DO find I picture Harry a little bit as Dan Radcliff but that's because my image was so close to him to start. Ron and Hermione (especially her) both still have a VERY firm image in my mind that are not the movie actors and I've watched the films a lot.

Twilight I watched before I read and honestly didn't much like any of it.

I will always picture Jeremy Sumpter when I picture Jace from Mortal Instruments no matter who is cast or if they even make the movie. And I'm sure that after watching the Hunger Games I'll still picture my Katniss, Peeta and Gale exactly how I always did. Most of the side characters will probably be replaced by the movie faces though.

Something I usually do when I really love a book is load up the Sims 3 (because I'm definitely the coolest) and build sims to match how I picture the main characters. I don't usually play them, I just set them up as dolls in a little doll house.

Cate Jeremy Sumpter is kinda how I pictured jace as well. As for the Hunger Games, I can't say I ever pictured them differently than the actors, because I ...more
Mar 06, 2012 09:22AM