Pop Rocks Group discussion

5 Day Weekend/Vacation

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Anne (last edited Feb 21, 2012 06:08AM) (new)

Anne | 14 comments Mod
Tell us something about your five day weekend (aka short vacation). Use complete sentences.

During my five day weekend I made sure I relaxed, A LOT! The boys and I visited Mr. Sherrieb at my parents' house. While we were there we went shopping, ate dinner, and watched TV. While relaxing, I also finished reading my book, Forest Born by Shannon Hale. I went on a reading marathon. I read over 160 pages in one day! It was AWESOME! I am hoping I can find that much time to read and relax again soon.

message 2: by Ashlynn (last edited Feb 21, 2012 05:50AM) (new)

Ashlynn (asmithashlynn) | 9 comments During my five day weekend, I was bored. Also, I didn't get much sleep. I read and read striving to be the Top AR person again (I only read like 45 pages of the Lost Hero). Then, on Saturday I went to Verizon and I got a new phone the Intentsity II. I was texting ALOT! But, then, while my phone was on the charger I read Hoot over 60 pages because I thought it was going to be Monday on todays' date! I wish every five day weekend would be like this. Ahh, relaxing and good.

message 3: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 6 comments Yester day i went to gandmas house and did ......

message 4: by Braden (last edited Feb 21, 2012 06:15AM) (new)

Braden | 10 comments during my five day weekend i was extreamly bored. Because my brother wouldnt let me play on the Xbox and when i wanted to watch tv he wouldnt let me do that either so i finally just decided to read until my basketball tournament in yale the next morning when we got in yale i was so pumped we were playing 3 games. after we got home from yale was when the boring part comes in because my brother wouldnt let me play the Xbox again for the rest of my weekend.

message 5: by Jared (new)

Jared A | 3 comments This vacation was the best one ever I was home for most of the time but nobody bothered me and I got to play video games till ten.

message 6: by Justice (new)

Justice | 9 comments On my 5 day weekend i had a slumberparty with my cosin
at my grandma`s house. Helped set up a wedding!It was ant kathy`s.

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 14 comments during my five day weekend did not do much thursday sat around hung out with my friend in walmart and friday had to start decorating for my birthday party and saturday was my party it started around 5 thirty that was it pretty much.

message 8: by Chandler (new)

Chandler R | 9 comments During my five day weekend I had some friends over and had some airsoft wars. we stayed up till three every night besides sunday that night it was till twelve.

message 9: by Leila (new)

Leila | 5 comments During My "Five day weekend" Was, saturday we went to our Grandma's house, sunday, Robert (Older brother)
Came over for his birthday, then he dropped his kids off, for us to watch them. Monday, he picked the kids up at like five. But Friday we cleaned the house to make it shine :) So our "Five Day Weekend" Was like cool and stuff, but it went by so fast (To me).

message 10: by Savannah (new)

Savannah O | 9 comments On my vacation I did a couple things. I went over to Leahs house and spent the night, I (My parents) had people over for cards and i got to play with baby Tyler and Bug ( Caiden ) it was so much fun i fell asleep right in the middle of the floor that night! after that day was over we got to go to a camper show! There were so many fancy campers! I had alot of fun!:)

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina | 11 comments Thursday and Friday, me and my little sister stayed home and cleaned the house ALL day. Saturday morning I went to a basketball practice, then after that to Macey's house. We watched a bunch of movies (like Paranormal Activity 1 & 2) and stayed up all night. I stayed the whole weekend. We did the Cinnamon Challenge, and lost. And did the same thing again except with garlic salt. It was horrible but funny, then we walked around town for about 4 hours, after that we ate subway, and I went home. Our 5 day weekend was the best yet.

message 12: by Kody (new)

Kody H | 9 comments During my five day weekend half the night playing a kill zone i fell a sleep figthing a monster.i was sleepy in the moning.

message 13: by Zachary c (new)

Zachary c C | 9 comments During my five day weekend i stayed up all night playing mw3,black ops, and this racing game i had monster energy drinks it was AWESOME!!!!!,but i had alittle sleep.

message 14: by Nataly (new)

Nataly | 8 comments During my five day weekend,i was not to boring like i expected it.I got to stay home relax on friday, friday was like a lazy day for me we did not do much,i went to sleep that day.The next day we went grocery shopping and we got to go to the mall, it was an outlet mall burch run and i got a North Face Jaket it is so fuzey. Sunday i got to make cupcakes and got to read and watch a movie.On monday i just played with my friend her name it Morgan so i did not do much over the vacation (A.K.A.)weekend.

message 15: by Ellyn (new)

Ellyn H | 9 comments On my 5 day weekend I got two new calfs and two new cats. One of the calfs name is Ringo because he has rings around his eyes. The two cats. One of the cats names is Midight. (I'm sure you could infer to what color it is.) The other cat we havnt named yet. My brother wants it to be named Tiger because it looks like its tiger striped but my dad said no on that idea. So if you have a good name for a tiger striped cat let me know and i'll take your idea into thought!!I am looking forward to what you have in mind.
~Ellyn~

message 16: by Leeanna (new)

Leeanna | 8 comments During my five day weekend I went to Chicago for Dance Revelution with Keegan. We didn't get to go into the city much, the only time was when the train dropped us off at the station. Then we got on a bus that dropped us off at th Westin Hotel. On The first day all we did was relax at the hotel for a while, but after about two hours of that, all the dancers went down to the hall for an assembly to watch the group Ingreadince dance. They were really good and almost danced like proffesinals, when they were done we talked about what we would be doing. The next day all we did was dance, we had a juniors calls, a seniors class and a teacers class, Angel and I Had to go the the juniors class because it was our first year. For hours on end all we did was dance, we had SO many classes and they each lated an hour long. We danced from 6:00am to 11:00pm, and only had breaks for water inbetwwen classes and lunch. Our classes were lyrical, madern, hip-hop, jaz, gymnastics, creative movement, ballet and LOTS more. On the thrid day we had about 6 or 7 classes for 6:00am to 8:00pm but we were pulled out of out last class early becuase we had to catch the train back home to Lapeer, it was 12:oo when we got back. I can't wait for next year.

message 17: by Zacharyh (new)

Zacharyh H | 9 comments Friday we had a monopoly marathon all day and it was awesome .Then we went to a wrestling tournament down by Flint.After that my little brother Joshua showed me all of his medals that he got.Then the rest of my weekened and then I had time to sleep in . I really wish that I had a awesome five day weekened like this again.

message 18: by Dylan (new)

Dylan | 5 comments my 5 day weekend i had to sleep in till 1:00 in the afternoon.

message 19: by Seth (new)

Seth P | 8 comments My five day weekend was a well let’s just say it slinked a big one, because when we went to get new shoes I didn’t get to my out so now I’m stuck with stupid shoes for as long as those "last".

also I didn’t get to go nowhere first she said it was ok but then she said no because I didn’t clean my room,{but I did then my sister when in my room and messed it all up five min. before my mom and dad got back from were ever they were.}

So that’s my boring Friday weekend.

message 20: by James.w (new)

James.w | 5 comments I went to the moveis and wached Ghost Rider wich turned owt to be a good movei.

message 21: by Brattanie (new)

Brattanie  (brattanie) | 4 comments OMG!My five day weekend was amazing, ok now let me tell you about my weekend!! This is probble going to blow your mind or not ok on saturday i went to my mom and dads friends house beacuse there daughter was haveing a birthday party it was so much fun! Now gess what me and her are now best friends, gess what heer name is paige she just turned 7 years old can you belive it!! Then my family was one of the last people to leave the first one was my moms and dads friends and mine and my brothers. me and my mom and dad and my brother and my nice and of corse me!!I just cant belive me and her sister made some stuff she gave me loogna blue off of monster high and plus something i just now herd of lala loopise!! at first they looked weird then when i stared to play with them i said omg thoose are so weird but cool to!! but when i got home i got told to clean my room but i did not i waited until the next day to do it!! It took o most 2 hours it was so boring!!Now let me tell you about sunday. Sunday was so fun beacuse i rode my with my friends and dylan barnick!!!

message 22: by Luke (new)

Luke | 10 comments Well, over my 5 day short vacation,I slept in every day,went bowling with my friends twice, an took care of my grandmas pets while she is gone in Illinois. I also went to the Lapeer library and checked out a really cool book. I was a lot of fun.

message 23: by Chelsey (last edited Feb 21, 2012 06:41AM) (new)

Chelsey | 9 comments my weekend was amazing i was waiting for friday to go over to leahs birthday party and we stayed up till 5:00 in the morning and we played pranks on leah like salt on the tooth brush and some other crazy dares. Then saturday my mom said we would only clean for twenty minutes but we ended up cleaning for two hours it was horrible. sunday i was study for the spelling bee and a i also studied yesterday and then i went to the dentist and got my teeth sealed up.

message 24: by David (new)

David C | 9 comments What i did on my 5 day weekend was i mostly playerd video games(MINECRAFT). on saturday i slept along time almost all day i slept until 1:00 it was the best sleep ever so i didnt realy do much over the rest of the days i was mad cause i left my book at school and couldent read it

message 25: by Gunner (new)

Gunner | 9 comments over my five day weekend i got my dirtbike fixed and i rode it through all the mud at my house. i also got to go to the bar to get my favorite chicken strips and seasoned french fries. well i was there i beat 3 people in a pool tournment and won 10 dollars. and when i went to meijers to go grocery shoppong i had my hellys and i rode through the whole store.

message 26: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 10 comments My five day vacation was fun I went to my friend Leahs for a birthday party, and we played an awesome prank on her. You know how people prank each other with the faucet and a rubber band then when they turn the water on the person gets sprayed in the face? Well that is excatly what we did to her. She had to rinse the shaving cream (we cleaned their table with it) off her hands. Her other friends there were at the bathroom sink rinsing their hands, so the only sink left was the one that we jinxed. She went over to the sink turned it on then BAM! Leah got sprayed.It was amazingly funny.

message 27: by Richard (new)

Richard | 7 comments During my short vakation I played a lot of video games and made sure that i read alot. Another thing that I did was I went to the movies and watched Chronicle it was hilarious then we went to Best Western and i swam for a hour and didnt get out accept to go to the hot tub and a guy did a cannon bal and the people had to refill the pool because it overfloed.

message 28: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 9 comments Thursday was my Mother's Birthday, but she was at work so my 2 sisters and I were home alone! Which is pretty boring though. On Friday, my grandma (yes, Elaine the one you know) came and picked us up, while my parents left for a cabin by Lake Michigan to go snowmobiling. They were up there with my aunts and uncles. We stayed at my grandma's house until Monday. There was pretty boring except on Sunday we drove to Caro and we went to Walmart. But after Walmart we went to Dairy Queen!!!! I had a chocolate something blizzard, of course. On Monday, my parents come to Cass City to pick us up and then we got back at home at 7:30 at night. That was pretty much my boring mini vacation.

message 29: by Madison (last edited Feb 21, 2012 06:50AM) (new)

Madison | 5 comments I went to my aunt's house.And it was fun but i had to chase my little cousin.And that was not fun.And he had pink eye and had a cold.I was like ohh no.I did not want to get sick.But i still had a fun weeked.I got to hold leAndra.She is so tiny but she will like wiggel her way out of your arms.

message 30: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 5 comments well i sleped in evrey day and i had to watch dino dan evrey day beacouse of my little cousin i HATE DINO DAN its ANNOYING ive watched evrey eposode 8 times 8 times literaly and watched tv well that was my 5 day weekend

message 31: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel B | 9 comments My five day weekened was amesome. i wen't up north to see my cousings and they took me skiing.First we wen't on the bunny hill but i caught on so fost that i ended up going on a black dimond. Witch is the most difficult well even though i din't realy mean to go on it it was right next to a easy run. But i did realy good and i loved it it was proubly the most fun i'v ever had. But then when we were done we wen't in side the ski lodge an drank hot coco and eat chicken noodle soup.So that was my five day weekend.

message 32: by Megan (new)

Megan | 6 comments I watched paul 3 times in one day 2 times on the movie channle 1 tiime on the dvr.Now i know all the rude things paul says/inaporpreit.

message 33: by Ashleye (new)

Ashleye P | 8 comments oN my 5 day weekend i went too my freinds house and went bowling and it was my 1st time going soo yea i was not the best lol and when you are going with angi and park wow You will not win its crazy and after that i went back too my freinds house and then parker mom lacey drop me off at my house and i went to get mt hair cut a little bit of it and then i went too get taht i was going to get high lights i wanted my moms freind mranda then we got home i stayed but ALL night rust too like 4 o clock in the morning but that i was not a good thing the next morning i had to go too curuch with my grammma and we had fun then it was monday and i went out too eat with my moms freind jersery and diane

message 34: by Gavin (new)

Gavin | 7 comments on my 5day weekend i stayed up until 7:00am playing video games and wathing tv

message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 15 comments on my 5 day vacation I wend to my grandmas house and my grandpa took my sister and I to CJ Barrymores. It was so fun, my sis me and my grandoa got to play laser tag, it was soo awesome! (haha my siser was scared the lasers were gonna hurt her if she got hurt!) Well that was my 5 day short vacation!:D

message 36: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 9 comments On my vacation, my cousins came and spent the night at my house and we played video games and we messed with my sister. The funnest part was when I went to my grandmas and her dog went nuts!!!

message 37: by Michael (last edited Feb 21, 2012 09:05AM) (new)

Michael | 7 comments During my 5 day weekend,I really sat down and made the best of it while not only watching TV but playing with my dog,Ruby in the snow while also enjoying time with my brother with 3 new games he downloaded and we decided to play Zombie Apocalypse, and the game sorta scared me seeing how it was made by Kunomi, The second game was 3v3 NHL hockey which was a free-for-all full of many power ups and a no rule system,our wrists were very sore after 4 matches,and last but not least Scott Pilgram VS the world the game, yeah yeah, yeah, my brother loved the movie and wanted to try the game, to be honest me and my brother just throw stuff at eachother as a form of VS since the game didn't have any...

message 38: by Brenndon (last edited Feb 21, 2012 09:14AM) (new)

Brenndon | 11 comments On my 5 day weekend i went out to at Sagebrush in Lake Orion. Then I went over to my friends house and hung out we played some zombies at my house and we stayed up till like 9:30 then we went to bed till 5:00. then after that my mom made

message 39: by lupita (new)

lupita (lupitagg) | 9 comments eh it was like long day fro me I read a littel and played my ipod most of the time went to my uncels I did not do much nothing specel i could not go to sleep woke up at school time on monday not good

message 40: by Nickt (new)

Nickt | 6 comments I was at my dads house all weekend .I was so bored plus the most fun was sleeping and that was my weekend .

message 41: by Frank (new)

Frank | 8 comments During my five day weekend I got to got to my uncles for the hole vaction you may think its boring its not in fact I think my uncle is my most favotite relitive in the whole family and plus my uncle has high speed internet so I was able to download some add ons for my video game. So I realy hope for another vaction like that again

message 42: by Shelby (new)

Shelby S | 8 comments my weekend was great me my mom and my 2 sister painted my oldest sisters room but the bad thing was the paint never came off and i still have paint on my hands that wont come off.

message 43: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 10 comments During my five day weekend I didn't do much but i did have a game and even though I didn't score I think I did pritty well. Also we went to go eat with my grandpa at Sams Coney Island in Lapeer. After we got Home we rented moives we got Money Ball, Breaking Dawn Part 1 and P.S I Love You (witch I never watched and I didn't wach Money Ball either because it was about how people changed how much money baseball players get BORING!). In other words I had a good but boring at the same time.

message 44: by Meranda (new)

Meranda | 10 comments On my 5 day weekend I went two my grandmas house. My uncle Noah came to. The day after that my nicece Mackenzie and Makayla came And they made my watch Barnny, Wonder Pets, Dora and Wow Wow Webzy. I had songs stuck in mt haed for two days straight. I also had to watck Yo Gaba Gaba with my cousin Elanha. Noah took all of us to the movies and Makayla pooped on my brother Corey and he got so mad. I had to go clean her up but she did not mean to do it she kept telling Corey she had to go potty and he just ignoed her and watched the movie. on Sunday I had like 3 pops in an hour and I stayed up till 1:30 in the morning than had a sugar crash.

message 45: by Brooklyn (last edited Feb 21, 2012 09:13AM) (new)

Brooklyn | 9 comments On my five day vocation i went to my friend Leah Schank's birthday party and it was the best birthday party i've ever been to this year!We stayed up all night!!! Literally we didn't sleep!! During our no sleeping streak we played truth or dare, we did pranks...(got a pair of Leah's underwear wet, and put it in the freezer!)and put make-up on the one's that fell asleep first! And during the process of pranking... a little girl that came named Laci was sleeping and when we were on our way across the room to put make-up on the other girls i STEPPED on Laci's head!!The funniest part was that we made Madelyn D. had a dare and she had to eat ketchup,mustard,and tarter sauce on a spoon altogether and she ate it.All the people that went were,Me,Savannah,Brenna,Leah,Chelsey,Laci,Madelyn, Elaine.

message 46: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 14 comments On five day weekend i went up to my cousins(in Caro) and i went shopping and got to hold 2 baby girls named bristal, and lyric. I had a blast and i got everything i could imagine i got pouding,and i clothes and all.My best time is when i got to hold the 2 baby girls and i love going up to my aunts/cousins because i get spoiled just as much as the little two girls do and they are not evn a year old yet.

message 47: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 14 comments ~And i also stayed from friday to sunday and it was a blast!!!~

message 48: by Brenna (last edited Feb 21, 2012 09:18AM) (new)

Brenna | 9 comments On my five day weekend, I did alot of things. On Friday I went to Leah Schanks Birthday party, and I didn't get a wink of sleep that night, Madelyn, Chelsey, Olivia (Madelyns sister), Brooklyn, And I stayed up until 4:30 AM! We stayed up playing truth or dare, Madelyn got dared to eat a spoonful of condiments, so she ate, Ketchup, Mustard, and Tartar sause in one spoon! After I got home from Leahs, me and my sister, Alissa, and I went out to lapeer and went shopping. It was really nice because we don't do things like that. So where did we go? Rue 21 of course! I got some really good smelling perfume. That night, with the whole family, we went to see the movie, The Chronicals. Then we went to the best resturaunt ever.... APPLEBEES. The next day we had Jacobs Birthday party. Then finally on monday I went to watch my cousin, and got seriously CLAWED by there cat. And that is what I did on my Five day weekend!

message 49: by Brenndon (new)

Brenndon | 11 comments Leeanna wrote: "During my five day weekend I went to Chicago for Dance Revelution with Keegan. We didn't get to go into the city much, the only time was when the train dropped us off at the station. Then we got on..."
Really leeanna why did you take a train when you could of flown and been here in 45 minutes

message 50: by Drake (new)

Drake | 7 comments On my vacation I got to play video games,and the best part,nowbody knew because I was "sleeping." then I had to go to the worst store to be in for five hours, Babys R' Us. well my little brothers went crazy. Throwing stuffed animals, climbing on the display.Man it sucked.

« previous 1