What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA Novel - book with oranges on cover

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (celestial) | 1 comments This book has an orange cover and is about a white girl living in the South in the U.S. She has a friend named Chase and the book is during the time where African Americans had to work on farms for really little money. I'm sorry if that's too little info, but it's been stuck in my head for days and I just want to find out what the book is! Any help at all will be appreciated! And feel free to ask questions, it may even help jog my memory!
Thanks!

message 2: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments I have no idea, but is the cover orange, or does it have oranges on it? Your thread title and post seem to contradict each other...?

message 3: by Cheryl (last edited Feb 21, 2012 11:22AM) (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Do you remember about what year you read it? Was it recommended or required by your school, or by a library, or did you read it just plain for fun?

Did the girl want to be a newspaper writer or journalist?

Was Chase white or black, boy or girl? Were the grown-ups much involved?

Was there any big event like a lynching or integrating a school or someone moving in or out of the community?

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (bpez) | 16 comments may want to check out the books on this list:
http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/78...

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (weareattached) | 220 comments Might it be Peaches (Peaches, #1) by Jodi Lynn Anderson ?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37760 comments Mod
Celeste, are you still looking for this book?

message 7: by Debra (new)

Debra B. (ipreferdebbieinsteadofdebra) Clover Could it be "Clover", written by Dori Sanders?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37760 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Celeste, are you still looking for this book?"

No response; moved to Abandoned.