Factotum (Monster Blood Tattoo, #3) Factotum discussion

Your Thoughts on the Foundling series

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) I am reading Factotum right now, and this book is so fascinating. I feel like I will be thinking about this book for a while. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this series they wanted to share?

I find the setting very distinctive, and I am pretty impressed with the manner in which Cornish has created this world, so rich with elements, even novel vocabulary, sociology, and culture, and geography. I wonder why he decided to make the oceans acidic, and I ponder the consequences of that.

I love the relationship between Rossamund and Europe, although they are both fascinating characters in and of itself. I also liked how complex he has made the ethical issues of the monsters and the humans and their interactions.

I think this series is very underrated.

Robin I think this series deserves much more credit then it has received. The author is absolutely brilliant, and weaves the most amazing plots and character relationships. Loved the trilogy.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) Thanks for commenting, Robin. I feel that way too. I don't want to let go of this book, and it's been a couple of weeks since I finished it.

Robin I know! I felt like that for about a month after finishing them. Then I read the Evil Genius Trilogy by Catherine Jinks and felt better.

Tweedledum I thought the first 2 were great, but the last one for me was a bit of a let down.

Robin I read the last one quite a bit after the previous two, as I was unaware that it had been released, so I can't really compare them, being that I read them at different times.

message 7: by Dan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dan Zhang i really liked them all just didn't like the ending of the series. kinda inconclusive i guess