Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Kristen Stewart.. Awkward or Not?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Mz_S I think KStew is such an awkward actress, especailly in the Twilight Saga. What really pushed me to wanting to slap her was the hospital scene at the end of Twilight when she kept stuttering. Bella's character in my opinion was not as awkward as KStew was in the movies. KStew is just awkward overall.

message 2: by QR (new) - rated it 4 stars

QR I actually did a post about her acting skills on my website:
http://www.nineteenreviews.blogspot.c...

I've seen her other movies and I think she's great for them... but as Bella?

message 3: by QR (last edited Feb 20, 2012 08:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

QR Casey wrote: "Nazzy wrote: "I actually did a post about her acting skills on my website:
http://www.nineteenreviews.blogspot.c...

I've seen her other movies and I thi..."

She's not that emotional though.... See that's the problem with taking a first-person narrative novel and putting it on the big screen. The actor will interpret the character differently than the reader. I thought Bella had a lot of emotion when she was dealing with all these problems in the series, but after seeing the first few films I re-read the books picturing Stewart as Bella (not the same way I pictured Bella in the books) and thought "it could be done without the emotion." I don't think it's as good, but I don't think it's "wrong"....?
And I agree Stewart might be a typecast actress for playing the depressed and abused character. I wonder how she'll do in Snow White...

www.nineteenreviews.blogspot.com

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) I think that Kristen Stewart is not a very good physical actress. She doesn't seem to know how to convey emotions very well. She either underplays or overplays emotional responses. I was watching Speak the other day and I think she's a good actress. But as Bella, not so much. She was better in Breaking Dawn. I actually liked her acting in that movie.

message 5: by Michelle (last edited Feb 20, 2012 08:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michelle Knox She definitely comes across most times as socially awkward and overwrought emotional in many of her roles. To me she was solid in Speak and in Panic room, but did anyone see her in the Runaways, with Dakota Fanning? I heard rave reviews about Dakota of course, but not much about Kristin as far as her acting in the movie chronicling the 70's all girl band.

Mz_S Michelle wrote: "She definitely comes across most times as socially awkward and overwrought emotional in many of her roles. To me she was solid in Speak and in Panic room, but did anyone see her in the Runaways, w..."

Yikes when I first saw Panic Room I thought she was a little boy lol

Michelle Knox Mz_S wrote: "Michelle wrote: "She definitely comes across most times as socially awkward and overwrought emotional in many of her roles. To me she was solid in Speak and in Panic room, but did anyone see her i..."

LOl! Too funny! She def had that tomboy vibe going on!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) I think the way they dress her in the movies is completely unflattering. I prefer the clothes that Alice picks for her in the movies. I don't picture her dressing so badly in the books.

Mz_S Michelle wrote: "Mz_S wrote: "Michelle wrote: "She definitely comes across most times as socially awkward and overwrought emotional in many of her roles. To me she was solid in Speak and in Panic room, but did any..."

Lol and in my opinion her voice is a little on the deep end

message 10: by Mz_S (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mz_S Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I think the way they dress her in the movies is completely unflattering. I prefer the clothes that Alice picks for her in the movies. I don't picture her dressing so badly in the books."

I hated that raincoat she wore! Wanted to burn it! Lol

message 11: by Michelle (last edited Feb 20, 2012 09:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michelle Knox Mz_S wrote: "Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I think the way they dress her in the movies is completely unflattering. I prefer the clothes that Alice picks for her in the movies. I don't picture her ..."

Why did her wardrobe in the Twilight movies look like things that came straight from her real life closet? I think she is a cute girl, but her choice in clothes definitely don't do her any favors on or off screen.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) I feel like there was a disconnect between the book and movie Bella in many ways. In the books, I don't see Bella as being that much of a tomboy. I know she's not a clotheshorse, but I wouldn't have chosen those clothes for her. Is that how KS dresses in real life? Yuck!!

message 13: by Mz_S (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mz_S I think were a lot of things from the book to the movie that could have been improved... Did anyone notice that Edwards hair colour looked different from movie to movie? Lol and that they changed the motorcycle colour! That one really made me mad I know it's just a minor detail but that's why it's makes it even more annoying because why couldn't they just do it the right colour!!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) I noticed that the makeup quality varied from movie to movie. As a whole, I think everyone looked better in Breaking Dawn, except for Bella when she was pregnant, but she was supposed to look bad. I hated the wig that KS had on in Eclipse. It was awful.

I didn't notice that about the motorcycle.

Moumita Sarcar Mz_S wrote: "Michelle wrote: "She definitely comes across most times as socially awkward and overwrought emotional in many of her roles. To me she was solid in Speak and in Panic room, but did anyone see her i..."

ME TOO me too me toooo :P

Moumita Sarcar if there is a non-actress,its kristen stewart!!! how did they evn choose her for the role im amazed!!! yes she s beautiful with makeup, and clothes..n teach her d right words and intonations she may be the it-girl!!! but her acting is terribly weird n makes me wna puke!!!! :O
she has nvr done justice to any of the twilight movies..stuttering and mumbling her way thru the film..as i hv read all d books beforehand, i cn safely say that she wsnt mnt to b bella!!! :x

she just has no emotion on her face...or any odr part of the body... her eyes dnt portray joy/sorrow/surprise/hatred or for dt matter anything!!!

Dusky I could not stand the first movie, because of her. I enjoyed the books. I didn't love them, but they were alright. I was pretty excited when it became a movie. Then HER and I was like wtf? The movies have gotten progressively better. But she was not what I had in mind. I find every emotion she tries to show as being exactly the same. Even when she smiles it looks forced. I really do not like her as Bella. I don't know what I think of her in other movies. And I don't think she is pretty. To me, Bella was pretty, not beautiful, but not so plain. I don't know how Kristen Stewart even became an actress, honestly.

Kirsty Kat (wanderingbookishsoul) Devils advocate here :). I don't really think it's her fault. So far I have found all the movies to be terribly done in general from the music to particular moments that are accentuated too much such as the scene in 'Twilight' where Edward smells Bella's scent when the fan blows it into his face and he is overcome by it - talk about over-acting! I think bad directing, sound and producing turns out bad acting from all the cast, not just Kristen.

I have seen other movies by Kristen and her acting is fine in them. I think it's the director and producers that are the problem. Great actors can be turned into horrible actors if the crew, and editing of the film can't properly put the whole concept together.

Haven't you seen it? Actors usually get the awards of 'best actor and so forth' when the film is super good too. You don't see them getting awards for their acting in mediocre films. Has the Twilight films gotten any awards???

Keyah-kun In my opinion she is very awkward in many situations throughout the Twilight Saga as well as in real life. Whenever she smiles, she forces it. It's almost as if she's never smiles in her entire life. Alice/Ashley Greene would have played Bella more professionally than KStew did. I can think of A LOT of more talented actresses that could most likely play her part better. But i have to give her my props in the movie SPEAK since she is used to looked down and depressed all the time. It would be nice if for ONCE in her life she acted human...

message 20: by Katarina (new) - added it

Katarina Eriksson all I'm going to say is that I LOVE Kstew I think she's amazing and original....but Twilight isn't her best movie/movies

Maddie Desfosses OMG!!! So awkward! But Bella always seemed like an awkward character when I was reading the books.

KareB I didn't realize so many people had the same opinions that I did of the books and movies. I like Kristen Stewart but I also feel like she wasn't the perfect actress to play Bella. I didn't picture Bella to be such an awkward tomboy either. I pictured her to be a strong yet clumsy girl though, if that makes sense. And you're all right, they never look like they're in happy love, just depressed through ALL the movies. Even with Jacob she was like that. Makes me wonder how she can possibly play Snow White... Hmmm...

Allison Moumita wrote: "if there is a non-actress,its kristen stewart!!! how did they evn choose her for the role im amazed!!! yes she s beautiful with makeup, and clothes..n teach her d right words and intonations she ma..."

they picked her because the dirctor for the first one was her friend. Thats the only way she got the part.

message 24: by Patti (last edited Feb 21, 2012 10:44AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Patti KS is one of the worst actresses I've ever had the displeasure of watching. It's hard not to laugh while watching the movies. She struggles to pass off even the most basic human emotions. And I didn't see any improvements from movie to movie.

But I do think she's pretty, especially in Breaking Dawn Pt 1. I don't know how much makeup they were using (probably a ton,) but every character looked great in that one. Can't say the same for the plot and execution….

message 25: by Mz_S (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mz_S Allison wrote: "Moumita wrote: "if there is a non-actress,its kristen stewart!!!"

"they picked her because the dirctor for the first one was her friend. Thats the only way she got the part...."

Omg really that's how she got the part?

message 26: by Katarina (new) - added it

Katarina Eriksson no that was Nikki Reed..Catherine had worked with Michael Angarano (Kstew's boyfriend at the time ) in the movie Lords of Dogtown, and I guess he recommended Kstew for the part and both Catherine and SM decide that she was the one....

Randi I think KStew's acting ability is absolutely horrrendous for the part of Bella. She was perfect for her druggie, mistress/slut role in Adventureland. However, I was really disappointed with her acting. The directors got something right though. With every movie, they cut down her lines. The less she speaks, the better.

KareB So who would everyone choose over K.Stewart? I had some ideas but I'd like to hear everyone elses.

message 29: by Mz_S (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mz_S Katarina wrote: "no that was Nikki Reed..Catherine had worked with Michael Angarano (Kstew's boyfriend at the time ) in the movie Lords of Dogtown, and I guess he recommended Kstew for the part and both Catherine a..."

Yeah I heard that the reason that Nikki Reed got the part was because she was friend's with the director that's why I was surprised to hear the same about KStew because than that would have been ridiculous because than I would be thinking that Catherine mostly casted based on her friends. However, seeing as how she was recommended by her boyfriend at the time, she didn't really get the part all on her own (and her acting skills, which are sorely lacking). Damn you Michale for recommending her! lol

message 30: by Mz_S (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mz_S I guess her and Rpattz go good together and all their awkwardness.. I think he's hot but outside of Twilight he's totally awkward too... Well during interview anyway in my opinion

message 31: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Awkward! I think Kristen Stewart played a horrible Bella, when I read and re-read the books, I never pictured her acting so depressed and nervous all the time. She had a sense of humor in the books also, unlike how Kristen portrays her. She just wasn't the right choice for the role in my opinion, acting and look wise.

Carol You guys need to remember that Twilight was almost a low budget movie. Summit was just testing the water with the first one. That's why it didn't have big name actors of course now they are all famous. But I totally agree that Kristen should use some of the movie she has now and get some acting lessons cause she sucks as Bella. She did good in The Cake Eaters even tho the movie was boring.

Moumita Sarcar Allison wrote: "Moumita wrote: "if there is a non-actress,its kristen stewart!!! how did they evn choose her for the role im amazed!!! yes she s beautiful with makeup, and clothes..n teach her d right words and in..."

ohh is it?? omg!!! im speechless :(

Moumita Sarcar have u guys seeen "VAMPIRE SUCKS"???
its a parody on d 1st two twilight movies... d grl in ds one plays d AWKWARD bella perfectly!!! its hilarious watching her do bella!!!
guys(kristen haters) plz watch it..

Carol Moumita wrote: "have u guys seeen "VAMPIRE SUCKS"???
its a parody on d 1st two twilight movies... d grl in ds one plays d AWKWARD bella perfectly!!! its hilarious watching her do bella!!!
guys(kristen haters) p..."

Yeah is amazing how she plays Kristen to perfection. Even the way she talks.

Breeona I don't like Kristen in this movie cause like she has no expression on any of the scenes, it's like she dose not care of were she is!

Veronica Breeona wrote: "I don't like Kristen in this movie cause like she has no expression on any of the scenes, it's like she dose not care of were she is!"

Precisely. On screen she looks like a dressed up puppet.

message 38: by Pomi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pomi Ayalew she was so awkward in the movie she made me hate the story. when i first saw her i thought she was the perfect bella, but she ruined the book for me. and i seriously want to punch the screenplay writer and the director...where were they when the story was getting butchered.

message 39: by Mz_S (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mz_S Pomi wrote: "she was so awkward in the movie she made me hate the story. when i first saw her i thought she was the perfect bella, but she ruined the book for me. and i seriously want to punch the screenplay wr..."

They were there thinking it was so perfect when it was obviously being murderlized lol

Merel I think there are two huge miscasts in the Twilight movies. One is Jasper, Jackson Rathbone, and Bella, Kristen Stewart. There are some huge emotional moments in the story, but her facial expression is always the same. I don't know how she is in other movies, but she is definitely not a convincing Bella<

Stephanie.burd She has no emotion!

brooke1994 Awkward is right! I like her acting in some parts, but not many, she lacks confidence or bubbliness.

message 43: by Sonia (new) - rated it 1 star

Sonia Jarmula I think this answers your question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKKAVY...

She was pretty good in Panic Room, but she didn't have a ton of screen time and she was in a seizure-ish state for a lot of it, but on the whole, I think she is a terrible actress and is incredibly awkward.

message 44: by QR (new) - rated it 4 stars

QR Sonia wrote: "I think this answers your question.

She was pretty good in Panic Room, but she didn't have a ton of screen time and she was in a seizure-ish state for ..."

HAHAHAHAHAH THAT LINK IS SPOT ON!

message 45: by Sonia (last edited Feb 23, 2012 07:41PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Sonia Jarmula Nazzy wrote: "Sonia wrote: "I think this answers your question.

She was pretty good in Panic Room, but she didn't have a ton of screen time and she was in a seizure-..."

I know right! :D it's awful that she does it in the movies too, not just outside of her acting.

message 46: by Mz_S (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mz_S Sonia wrote: "I think this answers your question.

She was pretty good in Panic Room, but she didn't have a ton of screen time and she was in a seizure-ish state for ..."

LMAO!!! That's so her!!!!!!!

KaDee Ohhhhh... I don't think that she was a very good actress for Bella. The way she read her lines in the first movie was EXTREMELY awkward ( at least that's what I thought, but that's just my opinion). I thought that her acting got a little better throughout the movies, though. =)

Dasha I understand exactly what you all mean. She is strange and stoic. Nevertheless, she is an actress in a triple, quadruple hit so it goes to show...no matter the antisocial personality there are always fans and mucho $$$. ^-^

Amanda I think Kristen is great for Bella because she can do the awkwardness so well. Bella is not very comfortable in her own skin as a human, she has always felt rather strange and we can see how Kristen is like this in real life as she is so uncomfortable in front of the press, therefore she can relate to this in Bella.

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

Kirby yeah, I wonder if the part that she read was one of bella's most awkward moments, and they were like "aha! the perfect bella!" only to find out that she ONLY does the awkward parts well...

« previous 1