Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Nikki Reed as Rosalie?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mz_S At first in,Twilight, I thought Nikki Reed should not have been casted to play Rosalie because I didn't think she matched how the book described her to be so beautiful and I just didn't think she fit the role. However, from New moon up until Breaking Dawn, I now like Nikki Reed as Rosalie.

Marisa I also liked her from the beginning. She was the perfect witch character.

Mz_S Maybe it's because I didn't like Rosalie's character so I took it out on Nikki Reed in Twilight lol

Lorena I didn't and I still don't, I mean Nikki is gorgeous and I don't know if the makeup girl/guy is the guilty one, Rosalie is described as the most beautiful girl in the world and the make Nikki look weird... and that always angry face that makes her look like she's constipated... I guess is the damn make up!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) I just have a problem with her makeup, more than anything. It doesn't look right for her coloring. I think in the movie, Rosalie is pretty b*tchy, and I didn't like her as much. But when I read Eclipse, I liked Rosalie more. I liked her in Breaking Dawn though.

Hannah Ward I think Rosalie has alot lying beneath the surface and that she is a really cool character despite her b*tchiness. I do think that Nikki was perfect for the role, however-and I mean this in the nicest possible way- when they told her story and she was walking home from Vera's house and they did this really ugly profile view of her nose and it looked really gross which is the exact opposite of wht Rosalie should have been.

message 8: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Shes awesome as Rosalie

Amanda I think she's a beautiful girl and plays the role really well. She perfectly captures the stand offishness of her and how we inevitably sympathise an awful lot with her character and understand why she is so bitchy.

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

message 10: by Mz_S (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mz_S I heard that the reason Nikki Reed got the part was because she was friend's with the director...is there any truth to that?

Randi I loved Nikki Reed as Rosalie. She also played Evie in 13, a girl who was strong, beautiful, and rather psychotic/dangerous. It's as though the role of Rosalie was created for Nikki.

Nicole D. I also loved Nikki Reed as Rosalie.She was just how I pictured Rosalie.She was one of the few charactors I pictured as cast.I have grown to enjoy all the actors in the parts they were cast but they were not all how I pictured them.

message 13: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Mz_S wrote: "I heard that the reason Nikki Reed got the part was because she was friend's with the director...is there any truth to that?"

I believe she was friends of Catherine Hardwicke, the first director and starred in another one or two movies Catherine directed.

message 14: by Mz_S (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mz_S Amy wrote: "Mz_S wrote: "I heard that the reason Nikki Reed got the part was because she was friend's with the director...is there any truth to that?"

I believe she was friends of Catherine Hardwicke, the fir..."

Yeah that's what I was told... She didn't really have to work for the role and other didn't stand a chance.. Who knows maybe there was someone better that got overlooked me navy as Nikki was guaranteed the role from the start..

Maddie Desfosses Perfect Rose!

Amanda Mz_S wrote: "I heard that the reason Nikki Reed got the part was because she was friend's with the director...is there any truth to that?"

Regardless of whether someone is friends with a director or not she would still have to audition for the part and if she wasn't right for it she wouldn't have gotten it. Directors would of course want somebody perfect for the role instead of someone who didn't fit it but they were friends.

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought that she was purrfect for Rosalie. I love Rosalie's character. She's likeable if you like that sort of thing.

Victoria Parker i think Niki made a perfect Rosalie! But in Breaking Dawn the books she is kinda mean to me because it seems like she is trying to take her baby away! And not caring about bella sure she did help her when it came to the birth but i dont think she meant to help bella she only meant to help the baby and doesnt care if bella dies!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Remember Rose has a backstory too. She wanted a baby so bad and when she was changed, that was taken away from her.

Victoria Parker ya but she is like trying to take her baby away and im wondering if she wants a baby why not adopt?? Even though it might be human she could turn the baby if she soo desperatly wants one

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Immortal children are not allowed by the volturi.

Victoria Parker ohhh yaa forgot but they allow bellas child!!

Jennifer I would very much like to read something about the story from Rosalie's perspective.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Jenny wrote: "I would very much like to read something about the story from Rosalie's perspective."

MM HM!

Victoria Parker I agree that would be kool and also Alics i read what happened to her but i want to know her life story that would be kool!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

well said victoria

message 27: by Nicole D. (last edited Feb 24, 2012 11:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole D. Jenny wrote: "I would very much like to read something about the story from Rosalie's perspective."

I wouldn't.She alwas seems to be so angery.It wouldn't be fun to be inside someone's head who is bitter and angery all the time.I would rather have something form Nessie or Alice's point of view.I also think it would be intersecting to be inside one of the werewolf's heads just not Sam.

Vickie Victoria wrote: "ohhh yaa forgot but they allow bellas child!!"

As an immortal child is a child that has been changed into a vampire that will never age, Bella's child isn't considered an immortal child. Nessie is technically a halfbreed as she is half human and half vampire.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Vickie wrote: "Victoria wrote: "ohhh yaa forgot but they allow bellas child!!"

As an immortal child is a child that has been changed into a vampire that will never age, Bella's child isn't considered an immortal..."

yeah.

Annabel ♥ She is PERFECT as Rosalie. Actually, I have no right to say that. I'm only talking physically, as I haven't seen the movies. She also looks a lot like the girl on Glee. I forget her name, but she plays Quinn. Well, at least she looks like her when she has her blond wig on.

Nichole Wolfe omg yes, Dianna Agron would have made a great Rosalie! And she wouldn't have had to dye her hair. Personally, I don't think blonde is Reed's color. She looks more beautiful before they added the blonde hair and makeup.

message 32: by Merel (last edited Feb 29, 2012 02:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Merel I don't have anything against Nikki Reed, but the way her hair and makeup is done, she is not the most beautiful vampire ever. The wig is ugly!

Uditi Lorena wrote: "I didn't and I still don't, I mean Nikki is gorgeous and I don't know if the makeup girl/guy is the guilty one, Rosalie is described as the most beautiful girl in the world and the make Nikki look ..."

Exactly! THey also make her look quite fat.
I think she looked great with the straight hair in Eclipse though.

Andrea Escaffi-James Books sometimes describe characters as being exceptionally beautiful to the point of casting a real person to represent that beauty is close to impossible.
Nikki Reed is a very attractive woman, but to play Rosalie....not sure. Not sure about most actresses. I think in this case we have to make exceptions and just go alone with it.
I feel that the directors could have cast a more naturally blond woman to play Rosale. I feel that the blonde wig on Rosalie looked to fake and the blonde was too severe looking. Contrast of olive skinned being bleached blonde.
In my opinion, more naturally pretty actresses for Rosalie's role would be Amanda Seifried, Margot Robbie, or Emma Stone. Emma isn't prettier than Nikki, but her look fits better.

Andrea Escaffi-James Uditi wrote: "Lorena wrote: "I didn't and I still don't, I mean Nikki is gorgeous and I don't know if the makeup girl/guy is the guilty one, Rosalie is described as the most beautiful girl in the world and the m..."
I don't think the make-up made Nikki look like that. It's just Nikki's looks.

message 36: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Andrea wrote: "Uditi wrote: "Lorena wrote: "I didn't and I still don't, I mean Nikki is gorgeous and I don't know if the makeup girl/guy is the guilty one, Rosalie is described as the most beautiful girl in the w..."
i think when Nikki was acting out her characters, in all the twi movies that there, i think she did a really good part, especially at the last 2 movies of BD, 1 and 2. cause i thought she really good and bit of badass, when doing her character.