Jayne Ann Krentz and Her Alter Egos discussion

General Book Discussions > Arcane Society

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) I like the way she brings "items" or "artifacts" into all 3 time era's; like the Hades Cup from Don't Look by Quick/Victorian times into Sharp Edges, JAK/Contemporary. She has done this with several different "items", I enjoy trying to figure out which book did I see the item in first?!

message 2: by Jean (new)

Jean (otakumom) | 218 comments Mod
I love reading this world through different eras. It really makes for a nice change of pace yet keeping it all in the family so to speak. It kind of remind me of the TV show, Heros though Arcane Society is better.

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I love the Arcane Society books! They're my favorites.

I just finished reading Canyons of Night (Arcane Society #12; Harmony #8; Looking Glass Trilogy #3) by Jayne Castle Canyons of Night by Jayne Castle

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 4: by Marybelle (new)

Marybelle (mbmcolon) | 45 comments Just started JAK's new book. Secret Sisters. Has anyone read it yet?

message 5: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) No. Is it an Arcane book?

message 6: by Marybelle (new)

Marybelle (mbmcolon) | 45 comments No, there are no new Arcane books pending. I went on her website and checked. This is a straight JAK story.

message 7: by Merry (new)

Merry (mermeg1226) | 3 comments Keep us updated and write a review!!

message 8: by Lily (new)

Lily | 3 comments Does anyone know if she will continue the Arcane Society series? I assume not since it's been years since the last one, but I've been reading them by time period (rather than by published order), and I reached the last one for contemporary times. Quite major loose ends to leave hanging with (view spoiler)

message 9: by Marybelle (new)

Marybelle (mbmcolon) | 45 comments According to her website, there is more arcane to come. Plus she's mentioned arcane in other books like Cooper Beach and Bright Eyes. But like you and others, I'm left wondering.

message 10: by Lily (new)

Lily | 3 comments Hopefully more Arcane is forthcoming! Thanks for answering my question!

message 11: by Lily (new)

Lily | 3 comments Just discovered her answers to some questions on this site. It looks like she won't be writing Arcane (or paranormal) as JAK or AQ anymore. She's focusing on Harmony for paranormal. I wouldn't be so disappointed if she hadn't left loose threads hanging, especially since Harmony is so different from the "earthly" Arcane novels and isn't going to give us answers to (view spoiler)

message 12: by Jadzia (new)

Jadzia | 1 comments I am really disappointed to read that. I really like the Arcane novels especially the ones written by her alter ego Amanda Quick.

message 13: by Marybelle (new)

Marybelle (mbmcolon) | 45 comments I'm really sad about that as well. I love some of her contemporary fiction that has come out the past couple of years, but I feel cheated that she didn't finish the series. It's not fair that she left her readers with so many unanswered questions. Why not just write one book finishing off the whole thing? I love her harmony books, so I guess I'll have to get my dose of the paranormal with those. Thanks for the info.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1 comments I have kind of a stupid question...does anyone know if Nestor Kettering (Til Death Do Us Part) related to George Kettering in The Third Circle? I'll admit that I'm not reading the books in any particular order, but rather on their availability at my local library. Thanks!

message 15: by Mika (new)

Mika (mikapharez) | 2 comments Ok so apparently I live under a rock! I love JAK and all her books and I only found out a few years ago about her alter ego Amanda Quick, and I only found Jayne Castle about 4 days ago. SMH so ... my question I have read a few of the Arcane Society in the Amanda Quick time period, but I am currently reading Illusion Town, and stupid question the Arcane society, is this the same and do they span the time era from the 1800's to this futuristic community that is apparently on another planet !!!!! I can't believe I am this far behind but if somehow the books do follow a chronological path, I'd think I'd like to read them like that instead of bouncing around. Even if it is out of publishing order. Any help would be most appreciated!

message 16: by Jacqueline J (new)

Jacqueline J | 2 comments Yes it's all part of the same world building. I really don't think you have to read any of them in order.

message 17: by Mika (new)

Mika (mikapharez) | 2 comments Thank you !!! It just threw me a bit when I realized I was reading a book about the same society but apparently somehow they have ended up on another planet 200 hundred years in the future! lol I wanted to make sure I wasn't making connections where they didn't need to be.

message 18: by Penelope (new)

Penelope | 2 comments Mika,
Also Jayne Ann Krentz has a great “recommended reading order” post on her website - Jayneannkrentz.com. I have read the Arcane/Harmony series through several times. For me, it helps a lot to read them in order - but my brain & visualization works that way. ;)

Jayne Ann Krentz and Her Alter Egos

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Canyons of Night (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jayne Castle (other topics)