Jayne Ann Krentz and Her Alter Egos discussion

Let's Get Started > What Book Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 109 (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Janice (new)

Janice (JaniceWJ) Ooops! I'm not reading s Krentz right now...I'm reading Under The Desert Moon by Marsha Canham.

message 2: by Wordsmith (new)

Wordsmith (WordsmithIsReading) I'll know tomorrow. One of these three.
Kindle DL- "A Grown-Up Kind Of Pretty" by Joshilyn Jackson
Paperback- "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest" by Stieg Larsson
Paperback- "What The Night Nose." by Dean Koontz
Haha. I fell asleep, sometime after 5AM before I hit send!
So obviously it is "tomorrow." I'm still undecided, and will get back to you.

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) I finished Crystal Gardens a week ago...loved it!

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) I finished Crystal Gardens (Ladies of Lantern Street, #1) by Amanda Quick and loved it, I just wish she could write as fast as I can read!

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Has anyone else ready JAK's Guenivere Jones books?

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) Sherry wrote: "Has anyone else ready JAK's Guenivere Jones books?"

yes I have but it has been a long time ago and I don't really remember anything about them. I think I have them in a box somewhere will have to look.

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) I have read all JAK's books so now reading
A Lady's Guide to Improper Behavior (Adventurers’ Club #2) by Suzanne Enoch

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Still in a holding pattern, waiting for the new Jayne Castle book; since I'm on vacation, I'm catching up with several of my fav Intrigue authors.

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) did you know that they are re-printing the Guinevere Jones books? Book 1 and 2 will be out 7-10-12 and book 3 and 4 out on 8-14-12. I know I have some of them but not sure all 4 and I still need to look for them because I never get rid of any of her books!

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Just finished Lisa Jackson's No Mercy, and working on her title Devious....both I would highly recommend!

message 11: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) Sherry wrote: "Has anyone else ready JAK's Guenivere Jones books?"

I haven't. I saw them in the "coming soon" section on B&N and did a little research to find out what they were. Looks like a fun series!

message 12: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) I actually have a busy JAK month this month. I just finished Crystal Gardens and I liked it a lot, not my favorite, but I though it was better than Quicksilver. I am also planning on reading Seduction and Copper Beach this month.

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) I have read everything by JAK so until her next one come out I have to look else where.
now reading The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig and also Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas

message 14: by Ann (last edited Jun 18, 2012 08:15AM) (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) What does everyone think about doing a book of the month read? We could all put in our favorite and then have a vote. She has so many it would take us a long time to run out of books.

message 15: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) Liz wrote: "I actually have a busy JAK month this month. I just finished Crystal Gardens and I liked it a lot, not my favorite, but I though it was better than Quicksilver. I am also planning on reading Sedu..."

I liked Crystal Gardens but I loved Quicksilver. Owen Sweetwater is my kind of hero, dark and dangerous. When he tells Virginia that he would walk through hell to save her, that had me sighing and wishing I was Virginia!

message 16: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) I kind of like doing a book of the month. It would justify my guilty pleasure of re-reading my favorite ones! LOL :D

message 17: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) I hope others want to also I think it would be fun and I never mind re-reading any of her books!

message 18: by Deana M (new)

Deana M | 3 comments Just finished reading "Second Sight" yesterday and I am currently reading "Sizzle and Burn". So far so good!

message 19: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) I've got Fired Up (Dreamlight Trilogy, #1, Arcane Society, #7) by Jayne Ann Krentz , audio in my car, it is a second read but I like doing a second read by audio. You can get different aspects to the story that you might have missed when reading it in book format.

message 20: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) I'm listening to Crystal Gardens Crystal Gardens (Ladies of Lantern Street, #1) by Amanda Quick in playaway format during my daily date with the treadmill

message 21: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) It's really a re-read for me Ursula, but I find when I "re-read" a book in audio format...it's almost like it's a new story to me.

message 22: by Ann (last edited Aug 09, 2012 08:42AM) (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) The Lost Night by Jayne Castle is out on 9/4/12 can't wait!!

right now I'm reading The Sins of the Wolf (William Monk, #5) by Anne Perry

message 23: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Need more dust bunnies!!!! LOL

message 24: by Deana M (new)

Deana M | 3 comments I just finished "The Paid Companion" a few minutes ago and am starting "Wait Until Midnight".

message 25: by Jean (new)

Jean (otakumom) | 218 comments Mod
Lie by Moonlight (Vanza #4) by Amanda Quick I just finished it and I'm waiting for Lost Night to come out...can't wait!

message 26: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) reading A Breach of Promise (William Monk, #9) by Anne Perry

still on a mystery kick just waiting unil 9/4 when The Lost Night by Jayne Castle comes out!

message 27: by Jean (new)

Yea! Lost Night came out. Already 38% of the way into the it.

message 28: by Jean (new)

I'm not sure after finishing the book. Initially, I thought it had a great start and strong character development but then it seemed to focus a lot more on the action through the rest of the novel and introducing the tie-in to another future novel. I was hoping Lanceister would have a much larger role than he did. And more development with the main protagonists beyond the perfunctory introduction of a troubled past. I didn't get much of a sense of them really working things out or having anything to work out. I'll have to re-read to see if maybe I'm just feeling this way from unrealistic expectations and anticipation going into the book.

In the meantime I'm up on the waiting list at the library for Wicked Widow so I'll read that quick before I have to return it and then re-read Lost Night.

message 29: by Jean (new)

Oh, I just finished Wicked Widow. I'm so glad I got to read it. One of her best. After reading it, I think I can put my finger on what was bothering me with Lost Night.

The beginning started out really strong but than it started to fizzle out. Again, it drifted on how the bad guys plot affected them rather than them developing at the same time. Not to the intensity as the other novels. Still, I liked it. It's a decent novel. I still would have liked to see Marcus play a bigger role. I think he was a wasted character. :(

message 30: by Marybelle (new)

Marybelle (mbmcolon) | 45 comments You know. I had bought years ago Wait Until Midnight, and didn't realize I hadn't read it. When I was organizing my books this week, I found it and began to read. I just finished it and loved it. This book is a predecessor to the Arcane series and really begins setting the stage for the Amanda Quick versions of the series. Whose's next?

message 31: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 3 comments Getting ready for next Harmony book due out 27 Aug 2013, I'm reading After Dark (when I try to get the book to show up, my comment gets erased :P

message 32: by Marybelle (new)

Marybelle (mbmcolon) | 45 comments I've reread most of the Harmony books these past few months. I'm excited to read the next one coming up. But right now I just finished rereading Grand Passion. I just never get tired of these two main characters.
Mbmcolon

message 33: by Jean (new)

Me too! I've been re-reading the St. Helen and Ghost Hunter series. I missed the back and forth between the two main characters. I can't wait for Deception Cove.

message 34: by Merry (new)

Merry (mermeg1226) | 3 comments I'm reading Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber right now. Will there be a new book coming outby Jayne Krentz?

message 35: by Marybelle (new)

Marybelle (mbmcolon) | 45 comments Hi. Deception Cove comes out at the end of August. I've read Twenty Wishes as well, it's a fun book. Enjoy,
Mari

message 36: by Jean (new)

I can't remember who it was who recommended the books, but I finally started reading the In Death series by J.D. Robb.

I love them especially the ones after Eve and Roarke are married which is early on.

Thanks for the recommendation!

message 37: by Marybelle (new)

Marybelle (mbmcolon) | 45 comments Glad you Re enjoying them. New one is coming out right after Christmas.

message 38: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Hinton I am just finished Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7; Dreamlight Trilogy, #1) by Jayne Ann Krentz .

Just starting In Too Deep (Looking Glass Trilogy, #1; Arcane Society, #10) by Jayne Ann Krentz

message 39: by Jean (new)

Mbmcolon wrote: "Glad you Re enjoying them. New one is coming out right after Christmas."

I can't wait. Almost all caught up. Just have to read the later novellas. I just love the interplay between Eve and Peabody among the other story elements that just make this series so enjoyable on so many levels. They totally crack me up. I love it.

Kathy wrote: "I am just finishedFired Up (Arcane Society, #7; Dreamlight Trilogy, #1) by Jayne Ann Krentz.

Just starting In Too Deep (Looking Glass Trilogy, #1; Arcane Society, #10) by Jayne Ann Krentz"

I liked In Too Deep the best in the Dreamlight Trilogy. Hope you like it. Let us know what you think!!! Enjoy!

message 41: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Just finished reading Phantom Evil Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1) by Heather Graham by Heather Graham. I really usually enjoy Heather's work, but this isn't one of her best.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I've also been listening to The Girl Who Played with Fire The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson by Stieg Larsson

message 43: by Marybelle (new)

Marybelle (mbmcolon) | 45 comments Hi All,
Just finished JD Robb's Devoted in Death. Just loved the book, and I love how the main characters just keep growing and developing. A really interesting character was introduced, a hunky deputy. I hope he returns in the future. Some of my favorite characters are conspicuously absent, but I can't complain because the storyline is great,

message 44: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Marybelle wrote: "Hi All,
Just finished JD Robb's Devoted in Death. Just loved the book, and I love how the main characters just keep growing and developing. A really interesting character was introduced, a hunky d..."

That was a good one, though I liked Obsession a lot more. For some reason Devoted just didn't have enough Roarke in it. I agree about the hunky deputy.

message 50: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Just finished reading my Kindle Unlimited selection Give Em Pumpkin To Talk About by Joyce Lavene Give Em Pumpkin To Talk About by Jim and Joyce Lavene.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

« previous 1 3