What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Romance - woman and man reunited years after working together at a summer camp[s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (saturdayxdeviant) | 2 comments the woman and guy were teenagers working at a summer camp owned by either the girls parents or grandparents. The two began to see each other in secret and she got embarrassed when they were about to sleep together for the first time and his drunk father interrupted [i think]. She was also not that popular or pretty as a teenager and this caused issues with her self esteem.

Fast forward to the present time in the book where she is restoring the camp and she meets him again. By this time she's worked out and gotten a better figure and more self esteem. I think she hires him to do some type of work [construction]She learns that he wasn't embarrassed to be seen with her when they were teenagers, he was just embarrassed by his father, who also worked on the campsite because her parents/grandparents felt bad for the guy.

Of course they get married at the end of the book, I think on the campsite as well.

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 783 comments Was it a recent book? It soumds like 'Summer At Willow
Lake' by Susan Wiggs.
The girl's family owned the resort, and the boy's father was a drunk who worked there as a caretaker.

"Product Description
A Number 1 "New York Times" bestseller - Susan Wiggs delivers the perfect summer feel-good read! Property expert Olivia Bellamy reluctantly trades a trendy Manhattan summer for her family's old resort camp in the Catskills, where her primary task will be renovating the bungalow colony for her grandparents, who want one last summer together filled with fun, friends and family. A posh resort in its heyday, the camp is now in disarray and Olivia is forced to hire contractor Connor Davis - a flame from her own summers at camp. But as the days grow warm, not even the inviting blue waters of Willow Lake can keep shocking secrets at bay. The nostalgic joy of summers past breathes new promise into a special place and people...a promise meant to last long after the season ends." "

message 3: by HJ (new)

HJ I also thought immediately of Summer At Willow Lake . It is one of her Lakeshore series.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (saturdayxdeviant) | 2 comments yes thank you ~