I Gots Terrible Fever discussion

Things that Terrible has made sexy

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bells (new)

Bells | 61 comments Mod
I thought it would be fun to come up with some of the things that Terrible has made sexy! For instance, I would never have thought of a dirty tunnel as being sexy. But thanks to Terrible, it is! Same thing with bean bags. Have you ever thought of them as a sexy item? Not me. But after reading Stacia's short story Home, they are! Btw, if you haven't read Home yet...YOU MUST!

So tell me, what things do you think that Terrible has made sexy.

message 2: by MARQUETTA (new)

MARQUETTA (readingromanceincolor) | 5 comments Muttonchops! In general they are NOT sexy but on Terrible...they are! Can't imagine him without them!

message 3: by HeatherJay (new)

HeatherJay | 1 comments Bad grammar! I don't know what he is saying half the time but it's always hot!

message 4: by Bells (new)

Bells | 61 comments Mod
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun) wrote: "Muttonchops! In general they are NOT sexy but on Terrible...they are! Can't imagine him without them!"

Yesss the muttonchops!

message 5: by Bells (new)

Bells | 61 comments Mod
HeatherJay wrote: "Bad grammar! I don't know what he is saying half the time but it's always hot!"

Oh that's a good one HeatherJay!

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 29 comments Love the bad grammar! You are right on about not knowing exactly what he is saying but you KNOW it is sexy as hell!

message 7: by midnightblooms (new)

midnightblooms | 7 comments The scene in UNHOLY GHOSTS where he is getting the wings scarred onto his back is steamy. Well, not the actual scarring process, because OUCH! But Terrible is just sitting there all stoic and half-naked and hot, and Chess is staring and staring at him...

That scene is sexy as hell.

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily | 29 comments That scene caused mixed feelings for me................ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and whoa feelings ;) Can't he just tattoo them? Must he peel skin and scar!!!!!!!!

message 9: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (zona716) | 2 comments Bar bathrooms and rooftops! Both places that Terrible opened himself up to Chessiebomb and told her (and showed her) how he felt.

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori (simone16) | 3 comments midnightblooms wrote: "The scene in UNHOLY GHOSTS where he is getting the wings scarred onto his back is steamy. Well, not the actual scarring process, because OUCH! But Terrible is just sitting there all stoic and hal..."

VERY SEXY!!!! I read that over and over. What is wrong with me? LOL

message 11: by midnightblooms (new)

midnightblooms | 7 comments Lori wrote: "midnightblooms wrote: "The scene in UNHOLY GHOSTS where he is getting the wings scarred onto his back is steamy. Well, not the actual scarring process, because OUCH! But Terrible is just sitting ..."

Apparently the same thing that's wrong with me. LOL I think I'm a sucker for the strong silent type and that is Terrible to a T. :)

message 12: by midnightblooms (last edited Feb 24, 2012 08:46AM) (new)

midnightblooms | 7 comments Emily wrote: "That scene caused mixed feelings for me................ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and whoa feelings ;) Can't he just tattoo them? Must he peel skin and scar!!!!!!!!"

I can understand that. Reading the description of the scarring process was squicky and cringe-worthy. I had sympathy pains in my back.

He is just so calm and then he notices Chess staring at his bare chest and stares back at her. *sigh* I think that is the first hint of sexual awareness and tension between them. Maybe that's why I love that scene. :)

message 13: by JennyWren (new)

JennyWren (guinivere87) | 2 comments OMG Has anyone heard HIS VOICE on the audiobooks. It's incredible. I don't know who reads his part but it gives me the shivers (the good kind). I have to hear him say chessibomb before I go to sleep.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (sadstrumpetjenny) | 21 comments Jennifer, I haven't listened to the audio version, but now because of you I will be....asap.

Also...Undershirts. Pomade. I know that it's a rockabilly thing, and I appreciate that, I really do, but I always just thought of those things as ultra hipster and cool, not stomach dropping sexy.

message 15: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 52 comments Mod
Ellie wrote: "Bar bathrooms and rooftops! Both places that Terrible opened himself up to Chessiebomb and told her (and showed her) how he felt."

And let us not forget tunnels. I'll never look at a tunnel the same way again...

message 16: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 29 comments I need help...can anyone tell me where I can get my hands on the novella: Home???

message 17: by Chelsea (new)

Cindyg wrote: "I need help...can anyone tell me where I can get my hands on the novella: Home???"

It was in the anthology Home Improvement: Undead Edition.

message 18: by Sarah (SB) ღ (new)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 33 comments That's Rick the Brave in Home Improvement. Home was a temporary online release. I think it'll be re-released in April..? maybe, I don't really know. Sorry you missed it Cindyg, it was a sweet little fix. There was a post about it in the Q&A group, you should look there.
good luck :)

message 19: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 29 comments Sarah wrote: "That's Rick the Brave in Home Improvement. Home was a temporary online release. I think it'll be re-released in April..? maybe, I don't really know. Sorry you missed it Cindyg, it was a sweet li..."

Thanks for the info...I own Home Improvement...hot damn...I've got it already...

message 20: by Chelsea (new)

Sarah wrote: "That's Rick the Brave in Home Improvement. Home was a temporary online release. I think it'll be re-released in April..? maybe, I don't really know. Sorry you missed it Cindyg, it was a sweet li..."

Golly, I do that EVERY time.

Home was up on Heroes & Heartbreakers for a limited time, but will be available in April (I think the second or third week).

message 21: by Sarah (SB) ღ (new)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 33 comments midnightblooms wrote: "The scene in UNHOLY GHOSTS where he is getting the wings scarred onto his back is steamy. Well, not the actual scarring process, because OUCH! But Terrible is just sitting there all stoic and hal..."

Is that a real thing? Do people really do that? It was a totally killer scene and I was like "hot damn" when I read it, but oh my goodness! It sounds more painful than half the battle injuries incurred. Yeah, Terrible totally made that hot!!

message 22: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (dyslexicsquirrel) | 15 comments I don't want to be a bish and ruin SM for anyone who might not have gotten a chance to read it yet, so I'm putting it under a spoiler. But seriously? (view spoiler)

I have Sarah Silverman's F*@#ing Matt Damon going through my head right now. >_>

"On a bed, on the floor, on a towel by the door, in a tub, in the car, up against the mini bar."

message 23: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (dyslexicsquirrel) | 15 comments Also, beating people up. He has made beating people up sexy. I listened to UG audio book yesterday and I enjoyed the parts where he beat people up a little too much. >_>;

message 24: by Emily (new)

Emily | 29 comments Carrie wrote: "Also, beating people up. He has made beating people up sexy. I listened to UG audio book yesterday and I enjoyed the parts where he beat people up a little too much. >_>;"

No one throws a crowbar like Terrible.......................

message 25: by Sarah (SB) ღ (new)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 33 comments *snickers* Doyle pissed his pants

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 56 comments So glad I am not the only one who thought that crowbar toss was amazing. Like seriously, I wanted to jump him right then.

message 27: by Susieq (new)

Susieq | 3 comments Ok, so this isn't something that I ever would have believed could be sexy until I read Terrible doing it. When he comes to Chess's rescue during her drug withdrawal. The part when he is getting ready to shoot her up and he's talking her thru it because she doesn't want the needle. For whatever messed up reason, that just hit me as such a sexy, romantic, loving thing to do for her. Don't know what that says about me!

message 28: by Emily (new)

Emily | 29 comments Susieq wrote: "Ok, so this isn't something that I ever would have believed could be sexy until I read Terrible doing it. When he comes to Chess's rescue during her drug withdrawal. The part when he is getting r..."

I thought the same thing though. I found myself going awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and then was like wait what?

message 29: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (dyslexicsquirrel) | 15 comments Susieq wrote: "Ok, so this isn't something that I ever would have believed could be sexy until I read Terrible doing it. When he comes to Chess's rescue during her drug withdrawal. The part when he is getting r..."

It wasn't really about what he was doing, but the fact that he came to help her with no ulterior motives and the fact that he didn't judge her. At least for me that's what it was. I mean, he trekked through the snow, climbed in the freaking window and then wooshed out like a super hero after it was over. XD

message 30: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (dyslexicsquirrel) | 15 comments Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* wrote: "So glad I am not the only one who thought that crowbar toss was amazing. Like seriously, I wanted to jump him right then."

Damn straight. Glad I'm not the only one. I was listening to the audio book at work and when I knew that part was coming up I started giggling like a loon. If anyone heard me they must have thought I was crazy lol

message 31: by Emily (new)

Emily | 29 comments Carrie wrote: "Susieq wrote: "Ok, so this isn't something that I ever would have believed could be sexy until I read Terrible doing it. When he comes to Chess's rescue during her drug withdrawal. The part when ..."

you just made me sigh..............................

message 32: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (dyslexicsquirrel) | 15 comments Emily wrote: "Carrie wrote: "Susieq wrote: "Ok, so this isn't something that I ever would have believed could be sexy until I read Terrible doing it. When he comes to Chess's rescue during her drug withdrawal. ..."

My job here is done. : D

message 33: by Cmunroe (new)

Cmunroe | 3 comments Bowling shirts, I am sorry but those are not sexy. Then we learn that Terrible wears them, and I can picture it. And now bowling shirts are SEXY

message 34: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (sadstrumpetjenny) | 21 comments Ha, Cmunroe, that's a good one. And for some reason, his belt buckle is a huge turn on for me. Did I already write that in this thread? Whenever it's mentioned, I...feel funny.

message 35: by Cmunroe (new)

Cmunroe | 3 comments Jennifer wrote: "Ha, Cmunroe, that's a good one. And for some reason, his belt buckle is a huge turn on for me. Did I already write that in this thread? Whenever it's mentioned, I...feel funny."

I know what you mean, I totally have a thing for his belt buckle.

message 36: by Emily (new)

Emily | 29 comments Jennifer wrote: "Ha, Cmunroe, that's a good one. And for some reason, his belt buckle is a huge turn on for me. Did I already write that in this thread? Whenever it's mentioned, I...feel funny."

I like the clink of his belt buckle............drools slightly............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

message 37: by Cmunroe (new)

Cmunroe | 3 comments See that is what makes Stacia so awesome. We are reading a book LOL the "sound" of the belt shouldnt do anything...... BUT IT dOES it so do does.

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 56 comments I know it's been mentioned before, but beating people up ... GOD I love that man!!!

message 39: by Emily (new)

Emily | 29 comments Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* wrote: "I know it's been mentioned before, but beating people up ... GOD I love that man!!!"

I love that man too..........I wish my boyfriend would beat people up :O

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (sadstrumpetjenny) | 21 comments Cmunroe wrote: "See that is what makes Stacia so awesome. We are reading a book LOL the "sound" of the belt shouldnt do anything...... BUT IT dOES it so do does."

LOL wordy word word.

message 41: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (dyslexicsquirrel) | 15 comments Jennifer wrote: "Ha, Cmunroe, that's a good one. And for some reason, his belt buckle is a huge turn on for me. Did I already write that in this thread? Whenever it's mentioned, I...feel funny."

It's cause it's so near to something else that's pretty damn sexy...

message 42: by Carrie (last edited May 04, 2012 05:38AM) (new)

Carrie (dyslexicsquirrel) | 15 comments Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* wrote: "I know it's been mentioned before, but beating people up ... GOD I love that man!!!"

It deserves another mention. Totally managed to make breaking a guys leg sound sort of hot. #IThinkIHaveIssues

And yes I did just use a hashtag not on Twitter. It seemed appropriate.

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 56 comments LOL, that was fantastic. :-)

message 44: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (sadstrumpetjenny) | 21 comments Carrie wrote: "And yes I did just use a hashtag not on Twitter. It seemed appropriate."

ha. I am going to try to make #beltbuckle happen.

message 45: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (dyslexicsquirrel) | 15 comments Jennifer wrote: "Carrie wrote: "And yes I did just use a hashtag not on Twitter. It seemed appropriate."

ha. I am going to try to make #beltbuckle happen."

We should make it a a goal to make #beltbuckle trend on twitter. XD

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 56 comments YES! I am @littleread1 on Twitter, but I don't think I will have access to it for a while ... follow me and remind me to follow you back if I am not, and I will start ending everything with #beltbuckle :-)

message 47: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (dyslexicsquirrel) | 15 comments Will do! I'm @DyslexicSquirel Everyone is going to wonder what my new thing with belt buckles is hahaha

message 48: by Allison (new)

Allison (aah92) | 3 comments Wow, I've been reading some other books lately (because you have to occasionally read something else right? Hmm...maybe not) but reading this, I am just feeling like starting the series over again.

The audiobooks kill me, Bahni Turpin reads them & she is the best I have ever listened to. Each character has their own voice, not many can manage it.

message 49: by Gia (new)

Gia (terrible_gia) | 10 comments Jennifer wrote: "OMG Has anyone heard HIS VOICE on the audiobooks. It's incredible. I don't know who reads his part but it gives me the shivers (the good kind). I have to hear him say chessibomb before I go to sleep."

Jennifer, which audiobook is that? Is it with Bahni Turpin as the narrator? I'd love to hear a voice for Terrible!