Jayne Ann Krentz and Her Alter Egos discussion

Let's Get Started > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Janice (new)

Janice (JaniceWJ) Thank you for the invite, Ursula...I love this woman and ALL her egos.

message 2: by Wordsmith (new)

Wordsmith (WordsmithIsReading) Hey Ursula. Fancy meeting you here. : ) . I have read 3 or 4 of Jayne Ann Krentz's Arcane Series and throughly enjoyed them. I have not, as yet, read The Amanda Quick stuff. But that can be remedied. Thanks for the invite.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Thanks for the invite Ursula!

Lisa {Silverlight} {Paranormal/Urban Fantasy Reviews} (silverlightfire) | 1 comments Thanks for the invite, Ursula!
Seeing soo may familiar "faces", here! :)

Hey, everyone! ((Waves))

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Thanks for the invite Ursula...

Dont hate but i havent read her yet....maybe u guys will convince me...LOL!

Hi everyone!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) ❀ Sharon ❀ wrote: "Thanks for the invite Ursula...

Dont hate but i havent read her yet....maybe u guys will convince me...LOL!

Hi everyone!"

We don't hate you but you should definitely give her a try. Do you prefer contemporary or historical?

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ @ Lauren...i love pnr/uf but i do read any romance books. Not sure how i would feel it ifs heavy historical though?

message 8: by Wordsmith (new)

Wordsmith (WordsmithIsReading) I really don't know what to make of this, but a friend of mine dropped by, unexpectedly, with a bag of books. That is always a treat! Mixed among the Jane Austen's and Primo Levi's were....two Jayne Ann Krentz and one Amanda Quick! I'm not a believer in coincidences so much, I'm thinking this must be more akin to "Ask, and ye shall receive."

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) @Sharon - if you prefer PNR then you should read the Arcane series. It is a mix of contemporary and historical with paranormal elements.

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Lauren wrote: "@Sharon - if you prefer PNR then you should read the Arcane series. It is a mix of contemporary and historical with paranormal elements."

ok tks Lauren

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Ursula wrote: "I'm sorry I'm a little late with this. Welcome to the group Mary aka Wordsmith aka Meezie, Lisa, Sharon, and Lauren. It's great to have you all here!"

tks Ursula!

message 12: by Wordsmith (new)

Wordsmith (WordsmithIsReading) LOL Ursula, you can call me by just one of my alias's, I guess Mary would be the most "normal" for me.

message 13: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) I can't believe it! Finally!! A group started for JAK fans!! :D

message 14: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Oh, sorry, I'm Sherry Dickens and it's wonderful to see a JAK group

message 15: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) I am so happy to find this group, JAK and all her alter egos is my favorite author I have read all her books and have most of them at home.

Almost forgot, my name is Ann Noell

message 16: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) Hi! I'm Liz and I've been reading JAK for ages. I'm pretty sure I started off with her Amanda Quick titles and then discover JAK and Jayne Castle. Nice to see some familiar faces and some new as well! Thanks for the invite, Ursula!

message 17: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Hello Liz :)

message 18: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) Ursula wrote: "Your Welcome Liz! It's great to have you here!"

Thanks! Looking forward to talking about JAK!

message 19: by Deana M (new)

Deana M | 3 comments Hi All! I am a new JAK reader, but I am already addicted!

message 20: by Jean (new)

Jean (otakumom) | 218 comments Mod
I started out reading her Amanda Quick novels and have since read all her other personas as well. I love her characters and writing style. She does a great job crossing genres as well.

message 21: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) Hi Deana and Jean!

message 22: by Jean (new)

Thanks for the welcome! :)

message 23: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Hello Jean and Deana :)

message 24: by NV (new)

NV (nelv) | 1 comments I am an avid reader and a Jayne Ann Krentz fan before she was Jayne Ann Krentz!
I live in Texas and teach part time- makes for a wonderful schudule so I can pursue other interests.
Looking forward to discussions

message 25: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) Hello NV!

message 26: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Hey NV :)

message 27: by Ijuliet (new)

Ijuliet | 1 comments I love Jayne Ann Krentz and all of her alter egos. Just found the Harmony series and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I love the use of humour and of course the romance. I also enjoy that the ladies play a little hard to get and the men are often the ones doing the chasing. who couldn't love the dust bunnies!

message 28: by Elke (new)

Elke Feuer Hi everyone. I've been a fan of Jayne for years. My favorite alter ego is Amanda Quick cause I love historicals.

message 29: by Debra (new)

Debra (countrymom6) | 3 comments Hi I'm Debra, and i have all of JNK alter ego Amanda Quick books and love them all .. I have not read some of her others but i am goin to definitely read them now . and i am looking forward to her next book from Amanda Quick.. im glad i decided to look AQ up under groups..

message 30: by Debra (new)

Debra (countrymom6) | 3 comments thank you Ursula. I'm gonna try to get one of hers this weekend

message 31: by Ruth (new)

Ruth T | 1 comments Hi, I have been reading Jayne Ann Krentz books for over 20 years. Can not recall which one I started with but have enjoyed then all.

message 32: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Kathleen here, from California. I started reading Jayne when I was in my 20s and have not missed a single story under her main pen names (Quick, Krentz, Castle). I think I have her entire collection, including the old Amanda Glass pnr / sci-fi stuff. (but I only have a few of the Guenivere Jones romance detective series).

message 33: by Jean (new)

Welcome, Kathleen! What are some of your favorites?

message 34: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Thanks Jean. I like her older books best -- the ones that are not part of any series. For example, as AQ, Ravished, Dangerous, Scandal, Deception, etc. Under JAK: Joy, Grand Passion, the Pirate, Absolutely Positively, Wildest Hearts, Family Man, etc. She only wrote a few paranormals as Amanda Glass, but I liked Crystal Flame, sweet starfire, and Shield's Lady.
I liked some of her series, especially Eclipse Bay, and I loved her Harmony Series, with Zinnia, Azalea, etc. And the spin-off series, but when she started adding Arcane lore to her Harmony world mythos, I lost a LOT of interest.

message 35: by Jean (new)

Kathleen wrote: "Thanks Jean. I like her older books best -- the ones that are not part of any series. For example, as AQ, Ravished, Dangerous, Scandal, Deception, etc. Under JAK: Joy, Grand Passion, the Pirate, Ab..."

I love the St. Helen series with Zinnia, Azalea and Orchid. I wish she had wrote more novels for that series. I love their main boss at the Agency. She is a total riot.

message 36: by Justine (new)

Justine | 2 comments Hi, I'm Justine from Florida. Thanks for starting this group. JAK is one of my favorites.

message 37: by Jean (new)

Welcome aboard, Justine! Glad to have you here.

message 38: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 2 comments I'm Rebecca from the Dallas area. I love JAK! I read yere over and over again. Right now I am listening to Copper Beach - again. I am desperately waiting for Dream Eyes at my library!

message 39: by Jean (new)

Hi Rebecca. Welcome! Look forward to discussing JAK books with you :)

message 40: by Harriet (new)

Harriet Schultz | 2 comments I'm new to this group, but a longtime fan of JAK and AQ. I posted. She was generous enough to contribute a quote for an article I wrote for USAToday on revenge in romance novels (I posted it in another heading lower down).
I write romantic suspense novels and before that was a journalist for many years. I love novels that allow me to get lost in them.

message 41: by Jean (new)

Welcome, Harriet! We're glad to have you here!

message 42: by Marti (new)

Marti Rosenberg | 17 comments Hi, I'm Marti from So Cal. I also fell in love with JAK books back when she was Stephanie James. I think I've read everything she's ever printed and I have a standing order with the Seattle Mystery Bookshop for an autographed copy of everything new.

Thanks Ursula!

message 43: by Jean (new)

Hi Marti! Welcome aboard! That's so cool that you get an autographed copy! So I take it you'll be getting Mystery Woman next :)

message 44: by Marti (new)

Marti Rosenberg | 17 comments Soon soon soon!

I also always buy an unautographed copy for lending...my hubby is also a JAK fan so we both get mentioned in the title page!

What are your favorite books? I keep going back and re-reading the Eclipse Bay series.

Marti

message 45: by Jean (new)

I love her novels set in Regency England and Victorian England. I'm such a sucker for those novels.

It's great that your hubby is also a fan. Too cool!

We'll have to chat when we're done reading Mystery Woman!

message 46: by Marybelle (new)

Marybelle (mbmcolon) | 45 comments Hi, I'm Mari from Brooklyn, NY. I've been a JAK fan right from the start. I think I've read all of her book and short stories. Although I really love her Regency novels, my favorites are the Arcane series. Can't wait to see if she ties Arcane into her Mystery Woman novel the way she did in Dream Eyes.

message 47: by Jean (new)

Hi Mari! Welcome.

Yes. I've been wondering where she is going with the Ladies of Lantern Street series. I like the independent groups within the Arcane world. We'll find out soon, won't we :)

message 48: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 3 comments Obviously, my name is Victoria. I'm a retired librarian and spend my time reading and researching genealogy. I love books that take me places I can't go, so historical romances, sci-fi and fantasy are among my favorites. I also enjoy reading nonfiction - history, technology and science especially.

message 49: by Marybelle (last edited Aug 09, 2013 05:36PM) (new)

Marybelle (mbmcolon) | 45 comments Victoria wrote: "Obviously, my name is Victoria. I'm a retired librarian and spend my time reading and researching genealogy. I love books that take me places I can't go, so historical romances, sci-fi and fantasy ..."

Hi Victoria! Always glad to connect with another JAK fan. Since you like historicals, what do you think of the Amanda Quick novels?
Mari

message 50: by Jean (new)

Hi Victoria,

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to discussing books with you!

Jean

« previous 1