Cozy Mysteries discussion

Find a book or series > Mysteries books that don't leave you hanging!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jana (new)

Jana (abban) | 3 comments I am looking for great mystery books that actually tell end with a good closing! I hate reading through a whole book and ending with a cliff hanger. If you know of some post good mystery book titles that don't leave you hanging.

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments I find most series mysteries have an actual ending and don't have cliffhangers like so much of the YA stuff I read does. Have you read Susan Wittig Albert, Earlene Fowler, Jenn McKinlay, and tons of others that so many of us read in this group?

message 3: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 1576 comments Mod
Very rarely have I run across what you're describing. I think cozies in general are pretty good about having decent endings.

message 4: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (booknerd69) There have been a couple of series I have read lately where the ending has not ended all nice and neat. Usually it involves a marriage proposal or the female lead has suddenly decide she likes 2 guys and has to decide which one is for her. Other than that, there aren't a whole lot of cliffhangers.

message 5: by Jana (new)

Jana (abban) | 3 comments I will definetly check our those authors Melodie thanks!

message 6: by Jana (new)

Jana (abban) | 3 comments Has anyone read lethal by sandra brown?

message 7: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

I would think it would be a smaller list to list the books that had cliffhanger endings. Personally, I can't think of any.

message 8: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 2973 comments Jana wrote: "Has anyone read lethal by sandra brown?"

Not yet, but it's on my TBR list:)

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Jarvis (screalwriter) | 152 comments I write cozies and always want a tidy wrap at the end with all questions answered and a complete explanation of who, why and what their fate is...with the exception of the first book I wrote. The murderer got away...sort of...and may be off to redeem himself...sort of...or finish some nasty business. I love to have readers tell me which they think he's doing. Most readers like the ending and have a strong opinion. (If you have a Kindle, The Death Contingency will be a free download on February 22nd. You can read it and add your vote if you like.)

message 10: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

Thank you. I happened to look and see your post right on time to pick it up free. (I don't have a kindle, but use kindle for pc software that's free.)