Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

THE MOVIE PUT NEVILLE AND LUNA TOGETHER?!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa Westerfield I think they made a cute couple...although I was sort of hoping Luna and Harry would end up together. : )

Dhvani I wish she had put Neville and Luna together instead like the movie :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I think they are SO cute together. LOVE the Luville!!

Kayla They ARE cute together, but to me it felt like they were just shoving extra characters together. Not a bad result though :P

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it was good :)

Helen Stevens He said that he liked her and they shared a smile...there's nothing to say he didn't then go on to date & marry Hannah like in the books!! I think it was just a cute little addition for Luna and Neville fans, as a lot of us (me included!) thought they'd be good together in the books. And JK approved the addition for the film, so hey ho!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Midwestocean wrote: "I think they made a cute couple...although I was sort of hoping Luna and Harry would end up together. : )"

Yes.yes.yes!

message 8: by ♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ (last edited Mar 24, 2012 08:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ they don't get married, though. Neville becomes a Hogwarts professor and doesn't get married, and Luna has two twin boys:
Lorcan Scamander (son)
Lysander Scamander (son)
and gets Married to Rolf Scamander.

Samuel Proulx I wish it had been Luna+Ron, Ginny+Neville, and Hermione+Harry. I didn't like any of the final pairings. They all just felt so random! Some of the characters involved weren't even in the books, and the ones that were never felt developed with those pairings in mind. But I don't understand how it could *not* end up Hermione+Harry, after everything those two went through together.

Samuel Proulx Was it debating or arguing, though? Thinking through the books, I can't think of one single interest or opinion that Hermione and Ron shared. If it wasn't for Harry, prompting Ron to rescue Hermione when it was Ron's fault Hermione needed to be rescued in the first place, would they even have become friends? If it wasn't for Harry, what basis would Ron and Hermione have to build a friendship on?

I can understand your criticism of a Harry Hermione pairing, though I think those are issues the two of them could work through. But I can't understand how anyone can honestly believe in Ron and Hermione together. I just can't see it working in any way.

As for Luna, couldn't she have at least gotten a character who appears even once during the course of the books? The way J.K treated her was, in my opinion, really shabby.

Samuel Proulx Michaela wrote: "Well, I think the reason Rowling did it was because she based Hermione of herself, and Ron of a kid she had a crush on in High School. But yeah, I can see what you're saying. :D"

I had never really considered Hermione as a bit of a Mary Sue. I guess it works, sort of. But what did that poor kid ever do to get Rowling mad at him? I mean, I wouldn't exactly take being the inspiration for Ron as a complement. He does basically betray Harry twice, after all.

rachel ~ trans rights are human rights Samuel wrote: "I wish it had been Luna+Ron, Ginny+Neville, and Hermione+Harry. I didn't like any of the final pairings. They all just felt so random! Some of the characters involved weren't even in the books, ..."

Hermione and Harry had a more of a brother/sister relationship than anything else, and I feel like making them end up together would have been kind of cliche? I mean, the main protagonist male with his best friend just seems a little too much. I don't know, though, I love Ginny and Harry together in the books, and I thought Luna and Neville were cute, although that's not canon or whatever.

Amanda I dont know if they necessarily put them together in the movie. I know there's that scene at the end of DH where there's a 'look' and what seems to be a tender moment between them but I don't think you can realy jump to the conclusion that they are together from that. Maybe they did and then they broke up?

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

Samuel Proulx Did you mean Hannah Abbott? If you're going to correct people, especially in public on the internet, it's usually best to correct them correctly. :-)

Olivia Samuel wrote: "Did you mean Hannah Abbott? If you're going to correct people, especially in public on the internet, it's usually best to correct them correctly. :-)"

You know what she meant.

Turtles All the Way Down Michaela wrote: "Samuel wrote: "I wish it had been Luna+Ron, Ginny+Neville, and Hermione+Harry. I didn't like any of the final pairings. They all just felt so random! Some of the characters involved weren't even..."

They seem to argue more than debate. They hurt each other's feelings, made each other jealous, and used personal insults. It was like a couple going through a bad divorce some times.

Katelyn i think they would have made a cute couple

message 18: by Paulina (new)

Paulina I liked the final pairings, except the Neville and Hannah and Rolf and Luna thing. We never really met Hannah, so it's kinda weird for a main character to marry an incredibly minor character. As for Rolf, he's random too. We've never seen or met him at all. And then, Rolf comes outta nowhere and marries Luna! I prefer Neville x Luna :)