The Descendants -- Ask Kaui Hart Hemmings! discussion

The Descendants
This topic is about The Descendants
What did you think of the movie?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown | 3 comments Mod
For those of you have seen the movie, what did you think of it? Have you read the book, and if so, how did the adaptation compare to the book?

Laura de Leon (laura_de_leon) | 1 comments I saw the movie, then read the book, then saw the movie again. I think the adaptation was very faithful to the book. There was a lot that was left out, of course, but the movie was strong on its own, and most of the "new" bits I discovered when reading the book simply fit in seamlessly. The small pieces that were added or changed for the movie made sense for the changed medium.

My book club discussed the book tonight. We had all seen the movie, and I think discussing them together enriched our discussion, allowing us to talk about the book with more depth than if we had been looking at it alone.

message 3: by Kaui (new)

Kaui | 21 comments Mod
Hi there!
I loved the adaptation and the film. As Laura said there's a lot left out, but that's inevitable in film. In the end even though there were omissions it never felt like anything was missing. I'm a happy author. I think the book and film are terrific compliments to one another.